BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

11 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I would go for Adams + picks for Turner. Turner might help Jaren figure out how to play without fouling.

Sonds great, but I doubt Indiana would do it

Imo depending on how much Adam's costs, he's the perfect big to pair with JJJ. Just totally different. It gives us a ton of matchup versatility, and Ja plays well off of both of them. 

It's too easy to go off on Adams because of this series, but don't forget if he had played his normal role, sure we might be swept by now, but he also might have adjusted his game, not be a huge liability on defense, and creating on offense like he does.

Bane doesn't get blocked on what seemed like 3 floaters in a row, if Adams is out there. 

1 hour ago, Porteroso said:

Imo depending on how much Adam's costs, he's the perfect big to pair with JJJ. Just totally different. It gives us a ton of matchup versatility, and Ja plays well off of both of them. 

It's too easy to go off on Adams because of this series, but don't forget if he had played his normal role, sure we might be swept by now, but he also might have adjusted his game, not be a huge liability on defense, and creating on offense like he does.

Bane doesn't get blocked on what seemed like 3 floaters in a row, if Adams is out there. 

My thinking is that we try to get an big that can’t be played off the floor, unfortunately adams can because in this series Karl cooks him. 

22 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

My thinking is that we try to get an big that can’t be played off the floor, unfortunately adams can because in this series Karl cooks him. 

I agree.  That is the easiest position to upgrade.  Possible targets: Clint Capela, Rudy Gobert, Myles Turner, who else?

33 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I agree.  That is the easiest position to upgrade.  Possible targets: Clint Capela, Rudy Gobert, Myles Turner, who else?

I’d love Clint or turner

39 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

Mitchell Robinson too

Bigs like Capela, Turner, Robinson will get played off the court too against the elite teams.

Playoff frontcourt of the future is JJJ and Clarke.  Backcourt is Ja and Bane.  Add as many 6'6"-6-10" versatile wings and forwards that you can get to that mix.  Thats what you do.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Bigs like Capela, Turner, Robinson will get played off the court too against the elite teams.

Playoff frontcourt of the future is JJJ and Clarke.  Backcourt is Ja and Bane.  Add as many 6'6"-6-10" versatile wings and forwards that you can get to that mix.  Thats what you do.

Every team wants the same things now.  lol

Luckily we were AHEAD of the curve with the Jaren/Clarke picks.  AND, it's a Quarterback league (Ja) BUT shooting guards are BACK WITH A VENGENCE (Bane/Edwards/even Jalen Green).

We still need an athletic big who can play with EITHER Jaren or BC.

Those lanky/athletic unicorn wings are TOUGH to come by -- still haven't seen a Mikal Bridges type since the '18 draft.  Might not be a Herbert Jones in this upcoming draft either.

IF we can't find Mikal Bridges 2.0 (I had him 5th in the '18 draft) I actually wouldn't mind finding a Bane LITE type to bring off the bench as an instant-offense 6th man (Jaden Hardy???).  I ALSO like Christian Braun as a Dillon Brooks/Grasyon Allen type....  

Koloko would be optimal big man pick (too much risk with Badji).  Jabari Smith Jr. might be the only player I like A LOT more than Koloko.  ... MarJon Beauchamp would be my athletic wing with 2 way potential type (maybe even if we have to trade up a bit).  Then if we go big/guard at 22/29 and still need a boom/bust wing then Minott should be in the convo at 47 (or even Peyton Watson).  ... Vince Williams Jr. (VCU) is a small forward/wing with really good advanced stats.  Guess he could be an option, too.  Patrick Baldwin Jr. just seems like a (poor man's?) version of ZW -- and I'm really not all that much of a fan of ZW.

.... potential roster move in free agency: based on really good overseas stats, why not try to bring back Bruno Caboclo?  

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Yep thats it in a nutshell.  Bane bout to be an AllStar next year and in 50/40/90 club while being 2nd best shooter in the league.  Plus he isn't a defensive liability.   All we need now is a low usage 3D  6'7+ 215lb+ wing with athleticism and wingspan to put between them.   I am not sure if Memphis food can get ZW up to that but it would be nice. 

6 hours ago, Dwash said:

Agree with this, except I think Myles Turner would be a perfect fit...  He shoots threes and protects the paint plus he would be a perfect practice partner for Jaren 🤡....  He looks like he practices against traffic cones in the offseason...  Oh wait...🧐 

Who would be a better trainer?

LOL Giannis drives and runs over people-Blocking foul and free throws

Jaren drives and makes contact with the defender-Offensive foul

Warriors do not scare me not one bit. Jaren, BC, and Adams will eat up this weak frontcourt on both ends

Game 1 is Sunday afternoon if the Grizz finish it on Friday

16 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Agree with this, except I think Myles Turner would be a perfect fit...  He shoots threes and protects the paint plus he would be a perfect practice partner for Jaren 🤡....  He looks like he practices against traffic cones in the offseason...  Oh wait...🧐 

Who would be a better trainer?

NOPE!

Dream is GOAT smooth.

Jaren is awkward as heck -- need to learn from GOAT awkward aka Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  Work on that sky hook!

We better keep building and adding to our team. There are too many good young teams and the Pels will be scary from next year on.

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We better keep building and adding to our team. There are too many good young teams and the Pels will be scary from next year on.

They definitely will. Especially if Zion gets healthy. 

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Hopefully we are aggressive in the draft AND free agency.

7 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

I would offer Adams and Melton to the Nets for Ben Simmons.

Ja-Bane-ZW-Ben-JJJ is a dead squad on paper

There is a lot of risk that Ben Simmons never plays again but that offer is not a lot, so I'd probably take the chance.

2 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

That would be nasty!

Simmons/Jaren could actually be the PERFECT big man combo!

17 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

We need to keep adding more explosive scoring/shooting AND versatile/athletic depth inside.

Hopefully we are trying to build a dynasty.

5 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

You like women that smoke Newport shorts don’t you?

The "trade anyone for Ben Simmons" line again?

29c.gif