BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Denver traded JaMychal Green to OKC

Good move for OKC. Lots of younger players so a vet who doesn't need PT should fit in well. The 30th pick on the OKC roster (their 3rd in the first round) didn't make a lot of sense either. 

24 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Denver traded JaMychal Green to OKC

Denver will try to move up and they have a similar package as we have.

34 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Would you trade Melton and the 22nd for the 18th and White? 

I don't believe I would be willing to do that. I just don't see that much difference between a number of players who should be available at that spot. Maybe if TyTy Washington was available to replace Tyus but that would leave a hole at backup SG. White is a PG sized shooting guard. 

The 47th pick doesn't move the needle for me. If I wanted White and the 18th and it took the 47th to get it done, I would do it. You can always buy a second-round pick cheap. 

I don't mind shopping Melton.  Even in a straight-up trade for a draft pick.  I just don't like Coby White that much.

Wonder if we can get a late lotto pick for Melton (and cash).

I think Konchar can do a lot of things that Melton can, and cheaper.  Replace Tyus/Melton in free agency/draft.  

I know I'm not seeing Grizz fans acting like they're too good for Christian Wood

Floor spacing double-double guy who blocks shots, 7--3 wingspan, athletic, 26, and would be a 3rd/4th option on this team

And if the Rockets were to attach that 17th pick, as I much as I love BC, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

But I doubt that trade gets done tho

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Would you trade Melton and the 22nd for the 18th and White? 

I don't believe I would be willing to do that. I just don't see that much difference between a number of players who should be available at that spot. Maybe if TyTy Washington was available to replace Tyus but that would leave a hole at backup SG. White is a PG sized shooting guard. 

The 47th pick doesn't move the needle for me. If I wanted White and the 18th and it took the 47th to get it done, I would do it. You can always buy a second-round pick cheap. 

it depends on who is there at 18.  If Eason still on the board then im pulling the trigger.  White is 6'5' w/ 6'5' wingspan he is ideal combo guard size.  He also can play PG which means he can cover for Tyus.        Then i would take Dalen Terry with #29 pick.    Throw Oladipo the MLE to be the SG. 

Ja/Coby/Terry

Bane/Oladipo/Jitty

Dillon/Ziaire/Eason

Jaren/Brandon/Tillie

Adams/Tillman/Santi

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

it depends on who is there at 18.  If Eason still on the board then im pulling the trigger.  White is 6'5' w/ 6'5' wingspan he is ideal combo guard size.  He also can play PG which means he can cover for Tyus.        Then i would take Dalen Terry with #29 pick.    Throw Oladipo the MLE to be the SG. 

Ja/Coby/Terry

Bane/Oladipo/Jitty

Dillon/Ziaire/Eason

Jaren/Brandon/Tillie

Adams/Tillman/Santi

The problem with coby is he is just an awful defender. Like worse than Ja bad. I'm certainly not shipping Melton out in that deal though. I'm pretty sure the Bulls are just trying to dump him. They have no plans on re-signing him. This is no different than the Culver situation last year. I would certainly take a flyer on him if we just trade him for 47th straight up. Outside of that, it's most likely a no from me. He's significantly worse than Melton, White has never had above a -2.1 BPM. Melton had a +1.9 last year.  Melton would be a great player to play next to white honestly though. 

3 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

I know I'm not seeing Grizz fans acting like they're too good for Christian Wood

Floor spacing double-double guy who blocks shots, 7--3 wingspan, athletic, 26, and would be a 3rd/4th option on this team

And if the Rockets were to attach that 17th pick, as I much as I love BC, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

The fit with Jaren just doesn't really seem to be there. When Wood has been in a traditional two big lineup, it has been awful. That, and he has seemed to be a locker room headache at times. Culturally just don't think it makes sense for us. He's certainly a good player, but I think he'd make more sense on maybe the Raptors. 

21 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

The fit with Jaren just doesn't really seem to be there. When Wood has been in a traditional two big lineup, it has been awful. That, and he has seemed to be a locker room headache at times. Culturally just don't think it makes sense for us. He's certainly a good player, but I think he'd make more sense on maybe the Raptors. 

I do agree with the fit with Jaren, since both are at their best at the 4.

The locker room stuff I think is overblown. Being on 60-loss teams have that sort of impact

Going from a rebuild to a title contender would change anyone's mood

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

If Danny Ainge pulls something like this off, he is the early front runner for exec of the year. 

Jazz improve bigtime with that trade. Conley is toast so replacing him with Huerter is big.    Capela is a good defensive Big and Collins is great change of pace.  

4 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

I love the idea of pairing Trae Young with Rudy Gobert.

Gobert is good. But he turns 30 this month, and is owed $170M the next 4 years. I would not want that contract. 

31 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Gobert is good. But he turns 30 this month, and is owed $170M the next 4 years. I would not want that contract. 

True but the players rumored to be included in the trade are owed $276M over the next 4 years.  The trade as reported doesn't actually work though.  Either the Jazz have to include someone else or the Hawks have to not include one of those 3 to make it work.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Holidayinn21 said:

This front office isn't touching christian wood with a 10 foot pole. Locker room cancer, selfish me first guy.

Congrats to him putting up stats on garbage teams.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Holidayinn21 said:

3 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

This front office isn't touching christian wood with a 10 foot pole. Locker room cancer, selfish me first guy.

Well, he's with the Mavericks now.

10 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, he's with the Mavericks now.

Apparently Christian Wood was available for pretty much nothing. A bunch of trash and the 26th. Makes the Mavs a little more interesting at least. 

4 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

But you love Z-bo right?

51 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

But you love Z-bo right?

Zbo won a national championship in college and made the playoffs with portland and played there like 5-6 years. This is Woods seventh team already. Not comparable.

1 hour ago, JittyForTheCity said:

This makes the 2nd rock bottom team that has basically given him up for nothing.

10 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Zbo won a national championship in college and made the playoffs with portland and played there like 5-6 years. This is Woods seventh team already. Not comparable.

I will say this about this move. I have no idea whether it will work out or not or what type of locker room guy Wood is BUT, there is a big difference here. This is the first time in his career where he will playing on a winning team with a bona fide superstar for an extended period of time. Every team he has been on has been awful with the exception of the 2018-19 Bucks but he barely played before getting traded after 13 games. I don't think any of those teams had any expectations that he would lead them or make them better. They were just rebuilding and was getting whoever and he happened to put up stats. If he knows his role with the Mavs and accepts his role, things could be interesting in Dallas. I have no idea how good he will be when he is a  starter/contributor on a team that is expected to win. I have no idea if he and Luka will see eye to eye but it is an interesting move for Dallas because he can provide (at least statistically) what they were lacking.