BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

5 hours ago, QMemphis said:

What team in the West aside from Phoenix and Clippers can compete with that lady lineup. The only question would be rebounding, 

Rebounding, cohesion, perimeter defense, front court defense on the bench. Not to mention just a flat out waste of money on Lavine when Dillons spot is the one that needs upgrading I don’t understand why people are trying to get some max level player to come in here and take shots when we already have Bane who’s stats are comparable to these big name wings. 

As I see it the core is...

Ja/Bane/Jaren/Ziaire/Clarke

... so we are missing 4 things down the road:

- a scorer of the bench with size, if possible a 3&D guy. (to replace Melton)

- a combo guard to grow into Ja backup, a super sized backcourt guy that could also make us play Ja at sg some and could hit some 3s. (to replace Tyus)

- a athletic bigman that plays solid D, rebound the ball like crazy and could devolop a jumper.

(to replace Adams)

- a athletic forward that is a defensive force and can make jumpers. 

(to replace DB)

That is why the idea still to go make that traddd with Hornets on draft. We move DB + Melton + 29th for Hayward + 13th + 15th. 

13th - Daniels

15th- Eason or Agbaji 

22th- Agbaji or Brown

We will only be missing someone to replace Adams and we already have Aldama to devolop, so drafting a big with 47th would not be that big of deal. In 2023 or 2024 we could also draft that guy.

FA: Resign Tyus and give extensions to Ja, Clarke and Adams.

Ja/Tyus/Daniels

Bane/Agbaji/Konchar

Ziaire/Hayward/Tillie 

Jaren/Eason/Santi

Adams/Clarke/Tillman 

3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

- a combo guard to grow into Ja backup, a super sized backcourt guy that could also make us play Ja at sg some and could hit some 3s. (to replace Tyus)

- a athletic bigman that plays solid D, rebound the ball like crazy and could devolop a jumper.

(to replace Adams)

(to replace DB)

That is why the idea still to go make that traddd with Hornets on draft. We move DB + Melton + 29th for Hayward + 13th + 15th. 

13th - Daniels

15th- Eason or Agbaji 

22th- Agbaji or Brown

We will only be missing someone to replace Adams and we already have Aldama to devolop, so drafting a big with 47th would not be that big of deal. In 2023 or 2024 we could also draft that guy.

Ja/Tyus/Daniels

Bane/Agbaji/Konchar

Ziaire/Hayward/Tillie 

Jaren/Eason/Santi

Adams/Clarke/Tillman 

Gordon Hayward makes way too much money 30 and 31 mil in the next two seasons It’s gotta be a better deal, not to mention the rookie contracts of guys drafted at 13, 15 and 29 as opposed to just 22 and 29. 

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

He’s gone if he wanted to stay he would have said it in the other order. The only thing that could save us is there not being a team with an obvious pg need with cap space to sign him. Looks like we will be seeing some real Tyrell Terry minutes next season. 

Raul Neto is an interesting cheap back up pg 

Would not want to be the team that gives Tyus a starting role and contract. 

28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'm not sure that team exists.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I don’t think anyone has plans to make Tyrus a starting guard. He is a good ball player. He won’t lose games for you as he doesn’t turn the ball over.. But he also won’t win any games for you as well. He doesn’t make anyone on the floor better. I wouldn’t over pay to keep him.. He’s making 9 million a year… I’ll keep him at that exact same price point. But give him a 5 year deal front loaded..  so like 5 years 50-52 million.. 15-17 million the first year..

5 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

(to replace Adams)

(to replace DB)

13th - Daniels

15th- Eason or Agbaji 

22th- Agbaji or Brown

Ja/Tyus/Daniels

Bane/Agbaji/Konchar

Ziaire/Hayward/Tillie 

Jaren/Eason/Santi

Adams/Clarke/Tillman 

Sign me up

5 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Sign me up

Hayward is too injury prone. Reminds me of Chandler Parsons all over again.. I’d rather take a gamble and go after Victor Oladipo. He’s currently playing on vet minimum and we know he can score! Yes, he’s injury prone. But way more upside. If I’m paying max contract, I’m going after Bradley Beal..

Patrick Beverley is free agent. I wouldn’t mind him to replace Dillon Brooks.. atleast Patrick Beverley will know his roll

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

14 minutes ago, gfaulk09 said:

I don’t think anyone has plans to make Tyrus a starting guard. He is a good ball player. He won’t lose games for you as he doesn’t turn the ball over.. But he also won’t win any games for you as well. He doesn’t make anyone on the floor better. I wouldn’t over pay to keep him.. 

The problem with Tyus is also the best thing about him.....he just is who he is and stays in his lane.

He would make a couple of teams better that I can think of....

Minnesota: He would make sure that they get the ball where it needs to be on offense and minimize all those wild *** shots they take in crucial moments

New Orleans: He would just run the show and allow Mccollum and Ingram and maybe fat boy to get the shots they need.

New York: He would be able to keep Randle, and Barrett in positions to score more efficiently.

Problem for Tyus is he is not exciting enough for those fan bases and not cheap enough for those front offices.

I am content with us giving Tyus 10-11 million a year because of what he means to this team but if he finds that one GM willing to give him what he wants AND a starting job then wish him well.

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Gordon Hayward makes way too much money 30 and 31 mil in the next two seasons It’s gotta be a better deal, not to mention the rookie contracts of guys drafted at 13, 15 and 29 as opposed to just 22 and 29. 

That not that big diference between 13/15 salaries and 22, even so, we better get rookie contract than FA ones.

6 minutes ago, gfaulk09 said:

Hayward is too injury prone. Reminds me of Chandler Parsons all over again.. I’d rather take a gamble and go after Victor Oladipo. He’s currently playing on vet minimum and we know he can score! Yes, he’s injury prone. But way more upside. If I’m paying max contract, I’m going after Bradley Beal..

Hayward could be a great bench option, also we will have him for two years and when he expires we resign Bane and Ziaire with his money.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

He wants $$$$. I say try to keep him, but dont overpay him. 

He might end in New York.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Washington, maybe New York.  But overall the pg position is too dynamic for a game manager like Tyus.

I think he will be back.

16 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think a jump in ZW develop should include a larger role best way to get that is remove the person currently in that role. 

Meh.

He will have a larger role simply taking up the additional minutes Kyle leaves on the table.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

That not that big diference between 13/15 salaries and 22, even so, we better get rookie contract than FA ones.

Hayward could be a great bench option, also we will have him for two years and when he expires we resign Bane and Ziaire with his money.

Why have a max player that comes off the bench??

52 minutes ago, trayhezy said:

Meh.

He will have a larger role simply taking up the additional minutes Kyle leaves on the table.

He is going to take a big leap over the summer. He’s going to have a more nba body.. probably get a couple of more moves. He’s going to be a key piece moving forward 

Dillon Brooks was not in exit interviews and apparently left between Zach and Taylor’s interviews. 

he was also not featured in the exit video. 

he won’t be back next season.

Ja is averaging 62 games played per season and Jaren averages 51 games played per season so far. I just don't see the appeal for adding guys like Lavine and Anunoby who are also injury concerns that are basically guaranteed to miss 20 games a year themselves. Add in another guy like Clarke who is supposedly part of the core and misses 20 games a year with his back problems. We need that 2nd/3rd option to be a rock or we run the risk of becoming a Lakers like team with AD/Bron alternating missing games throughout the year 

Watching these games this weekend I realized a lot of us (myself included) like to hate Dillon Brooks but we had better have a suitable replacement if we get rid of him.

There are not a lot of big, tough, physical wing defenders with the ability AND desire to take on the challenges of guarding a Luka, Tatum, Butler etc. in these playoff series.

That kind of defense is not easily found. Guys who WANT those challenges knowing that they are going to get cooked and just wanting to make those stars work are rare.

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

He’s gone if he wanted to stay he would have said it in the other order. The only thing that could save us is there not being a team with an obvious pg need with cap space to sign him. Looks like we will be seeing some real Tyrell Terry minutes next season. 

He's going to go to the biggest offer. Not sure who has cap space that needs Tyus. Orlando? I don't see him getting more than MLE unless we sign and trade him.