Jump to content
BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

Recommended Posts

With the latest rumors out of Dallas being that Dallas will spend to keep Brunson, Tyus might suddenly be the top PG on the market. This 20-6 or whatever without Ja and his performance starting against the Dubs might have priced Tyus out of the non-taxpayer MLE range. 
 

A reunion with Thibs in New York might be the biggest threat to him staying in Memphis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

With the latest rumors out of Dallas being that Dallas will spend to keep Brunson, Tyus might suddenly be the top PG on the market. This 20-6 or whatever without Ja and his performance starting against the Dubs might have prices Tyus out of the non-taxpayer MLE range. 
 

A reunion with Thibs in New York might be the biggest threat to him staying in Memphis. 

Think they would need to clear the PG spot and only would have the mle available not to mention resign Mitch Rob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Tyus has earned whatever he gets, I hope he wants to stay here.

Right?

also… how long have we needed a solid backup point guard? 
 

we have one now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Trade DB and Melton on draft night.

Yep Dillon is too inefficient and Melton needs to be upgraded to a bigger wing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking through the free agent list, honestly the perfect fit for this team on the market would be Ayton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yep Dillon is too inefficient and Melton needs to be upgraded to a bigger wing 

My trade propose right now is DB + Melton + 29th + 47th for Hayward + 13rd and 15th.

That is actually a realistic trade, we move two good players to move up and get a veteran overpaid backup that has 2 years back in his contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Looking through the free agent list, honestly the perfect fit for this team on the market would be Ayton.

Brooks, Adams & Melton for Ayton. I can dream! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexasRush said:

Brooks, Adams & Melton for Ayton. I can dream! 

Phoenix wont do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

My trade propose right now is DB + Melton + 29th + 47th for Hayward + 13rd and 15th.

That is actually a realistic trade, we move two good players to move up and get a veteran overpaid backup that has 2 years back in his contract.

Don’t think they want to add money that would conflict with paying JA, BC, and Bane. And I dont think moving up in the draft is that high on the priority list. There are good players in all drafts but this year after maybe try too 8 the talent all looks kind of comparable. Whatever you see at 13and15 there’s likely a similar talent at 22-29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TexasRush said:

Brooks, Adams & Melton for Ayton. I can dream! 

Haha I don't think they'd elect not to pay Ayton just to take that much back in salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Don’t think they want to add money that would conflict with paying JA, BC, and Bane. And I dont think moving up in the draft is that high on the priority list. There are good players in all drafts but this year after maybe try too 8 the talent all looks kind of comparable. Whatever you see at 13and15 there’s likely a similar talent at 22-29.

I dont think so, Eason/Daniels/Agbaji/Duren/Brown at least two of those guys will be available there.

Also Hayward contract expires in the same year as Bane does and a year early than Ziaire, so he basically expire and we resign our two wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we could trade only Melton and coach make a point and bench DB.

I wish he would do it, but he probably wont. Just like FO had to trade Allen to save Jenkins of himself, they will probably have to do it once again and move Brooks too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I dont think so, Eason/Daniels/Agbaji/Duren/Brown at least two of those guys will be available there.

Also Hayward contract expires in the same year as Bane does and a year early than Ziaire, so he basically expire and we resign our two wings.

The only guy on that list that you may not be able to find a similar talent in the 20’s is Eason. But trading for Hayward and having ZW and BC and Jaren where exactly does Eason play. You can’t say that Hayward isn’t going to play (even though with his injury history it’s likely) 

Thats why I think you stay put in the 20’s it’s easier to justify not playing those guys  a lot of minutes.
 

Eason - 

Daniels - Dalen Terry

Agbaji - Wendell Moore

Duren - Khalifa Diop / Ismael Kamagate 

Kendal Brown - Jabari Walker/ Caleb Houstan/ Peyton Watson Gabe Brown(My Guy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Call Toronto and go get OG

I like OG, he would be great as our starting sf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Trade DB and Melton on draft night.

What does this mean?  You want to trade them just to trade them?  If there is no plan, hell no.  Those two are probably the two best defenders at fighting through/around screens that we have.  Who you going after?

I'll just trust Kleiman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Call Toronto and go get OG

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner.

OG is the exact dude I want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My unrealistic dream:

-Get OG if you can somehow get him for Dillon, and picks. Overspend a little if needed. If he’s absolutely unavailable, go for Jeremi Grant in Detroit - who will probably be cheaper.

-Use Adams expiring and other assets as needed to get Myles Turner.

-Pray Ziaire improves enough (like Bane from last year to this year) to start at SG, making Bane the best 6th man in the league. Bane is starting quality on offense but Ziaire’s length will make him the better option if he can just bring his offense along this off-season.

-Resign Tyus. Let Culver and Slow Mo walk.

-Find a good 3 point specialist if possible.

-Find experienced and savvy playoff veterans nearing their final years to help guide the young guns on the team. Guys like Taj Gibson for example 

Results: OG(or Grant)/Myles/Ziaire as starters paired with Jaren makes the grizzlies the best defensive starting 5 in the league even with Ja being a poor defender. Meanwhile, the offense actually improves as OG/Grant is a clear offensive upgrade to Dillon while playing more within the system. Finally, older veterans help guide the team through the tough games and adversity. Grizzlies win 50-60 games and make the playoffs as a top 2 seed again and raw-dog the west en route to the finals and a championship.

Hey it worked on 2K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone wants big moves but I think they keep rolling the dice with drafting and developing.  I expect Dillon traded to move up in the draft and ZW starting.  Meltons unguaranteed 8 million deal in the year after next will be retained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why would OG be available?

He's available for the right offer. He's their 4th best player. There's a slight logjam there honestly.  OG is a 3/4. Barnes is a 3/4. Siakam is a 3/4. Achiuwa is a 4/5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×