BigHunkALove

Is Desmond Bane challenging for the #2 rank?

On 11/12/2022 at 10:29 PM, Ja_Rules said:

DB is crazy, he will never sacrifice for the team. He take some of the stupid shoots and will always feel himself as a top guy. 

If coach Jenkins bench him as soon as he start to kill the offense flow or if they start to bring him of the bench I am ok with him staying for the right price 

If this is true, why is he taking less shots than Ja and Bane? He’s previously led the team in shots. 

On 11/13/2022 at 7:09 AM, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

He should, but will probably be competing with SGA and De’Aaron Fox for the last spot. 

SGA ain’t making no AllStar team. OKC too 🗑 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

If this is true, why is he taking less shots than Ja and Bane? He’s previously led the team in shots. 

So you disagree that he takes bad shots and doesn’t play within the flow of the offense?

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

So you disagree that he takes bad shots and doesn’t play within the flow of the offense?

DB still takes bad shots sometimes but over-all, he is far more constrained than he has been in the past. His defense is still physical which lands him in foul trouble often but that doesn't mean he isn't the team's best defender. He understands he has to control his shooting to become more effective and work with the team if he wants to remain here and I believe he does. 

28 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

DB still takes bad shots sometimes but over-all, he is far more constrained than he has been in the past. His defense is still physical which lands him in foul trouble often but that doesn't mean he isn't the team's best defender. He understands he has to control his shooting to become more effective and work with the team if he wants to remain here and I believe he does. 

He said it himself but still struggles at times. I think he just can’t help him self 

2 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

He said it himself but still struggles at times. I think he just can’t help him self 

When there's no Ja, JJJ or Desmond can you blame him? 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It's just become sport for some Grizz fans to criticize Dillon. Only player on the team with a double-digit positive  Net Rating. Shooting 39% from 3. Same plus defense.

56 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

100%.  When our major shot creators are off the court SOMEBODY has to step up and try to create.  Dillon steps in and tries to take over that role when he has to but obviously we'd rather have Ja or Bane doing the creating.

52 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

It's just become sport for some Grizz fans to criticize Dillon. Only player on the team with a double-digit positive  Net Rating. Shooting 39% from 3. Same plus defense.

The numbers show over the past 2 seasons and this season, we are a better team with him in the lineup.  Sometimes he frustrates us with his shot selection and quantity, but I think has gotten better about that this season.  

1 minute ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

The numbers show over the past 2 seasons and this season, we are a better team with him in the lineup.  Sometimes he frustrates us with his shot selection and quantity, but I think has gotten better about that this season.  

True. Sometimes Ja frustrates me too. But all can see how great he is. Jaren defintely frustrates me, but we need his defense and rim protection. Just seems like the cost/benefit for Dillon has gotten out of whack. 

4 hours ago, My man Allen said:

Yes I disagree. Who is he supposed to be passing to? Most of DBs “bad shots”  are late shot clock chucks, or pull ups from mid range which is really his game. If he has the 4th most shots on the team when Jaren gets back I don’t care what his shots “look like”, who else is supposed to take them. If they go in sometimes in bunches it’s all justified. 

Everyone isn’t going to have Ja/Bane efficiency, that’s why he’s not a star and doesn’t get star money. The problem with DB was he was taking the most shots regardless of who was on the floor and shooting us out of games, that’s not what’s happening now. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

Yes 

This is Absurd

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

True. Sometimes Ja frustrates me too. But all can see how great he is. Jaren defintely frustrates me, but we need his defense and rim protection. Just seems like the cost/benefit for Dillon has gotten out of whack. 

Folks judge Dillon on the Star player scale. He’s the 4th offensive option, the criticism gotta chill. 

People who refuse to see Dillon has done a great job this year with the better shot selection are just being willfully ignorant or just aren’t paying attention to the games. Glad to see more people giving him credit for continuing to improve in accepting his role on the team though

20 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

People who refuse to see Dillon has done a great job this year with the better shot selection are just being willfully ignorant or just aren’t paying attention to the games. Glad to see more people giving him credit for continuing to improve in accepting his role on the team though

Even if this may be saracasm  - it is still on point.  DB wants to remain a Grizzly.   he isn't playing selfish trying to get the next contract.  He is instead accepting his role in pecking order and producing. 

34 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

They could be blind too. Like, physically blind. Well, actually, they probably know he’s doing better since their other senses are heightened. So, yeah, ignorant or not paying attention. 

17 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Even if this may be saracasm  - it is still on point.  DB wants to remain a Grizzly.   he isn't playing selfish trying to get the next contract.  He is instead accepting his role in pecking order and producing. 

He does. Said he wants to be in Memphis 10-15 years. 
https://www.nba.com/news/qa-dillon-brooks-defense-future-memphis

46 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

He does. Said he wants to be in Memphis 10-15 years. 
https://www.nba.com/news/qa-dillon-brooks-defense-future-memphis

Great article, tks! 

I am glad he wants to be here but his answer towards his shot selection seems a little insulated. 

Like he only wants to surround himself with 'yes' ppl and not listen to constructive criticism. Sounds kind of lacking in self-awareness. 

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not sarcasm haha. My reputation may be proceeding me

13 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Oh no. We are agreeing again. This can't be good...

22 hours ago, King Dork said:

Contract year