chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New Orleans Pelicans - 11/13/21

8 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

4 hours ago, tangogriz said:

This best of both worlds track is what we should have in the team right now, they'll figure a way out this funk. It's a long season.

6 hours ago, cdp said:

This best of both worlds track is what we should have in the team right now, they'll figure a way out this funk. It's a long season.

I think you're right.

7 hours ago, pjs said:

Well - comparing team stats in wins vs loses, it's pretty simple for the Grizzlies.  It comes down to Effective Field Goal Percentage (EFG%) - both ours and our opponents.  

In our wins, our EFG% is 55% - in loses, we're at 45.5%.  When we win, our opponent's EFG% is 51.9% and when we lose, our opponents are at 59.5%.

Those are the two stats that stand out when comparing wins vs loses.  The other stats I've seen are fairly close (pace, rebounding, blocks, steals, assists, turnovers, etc).

I did not know that stat existed, but I am so glad you brought it to the table.  I agree with you wholeheartedly.  When we can put the ball in the basket, we are motivated to play better D and try to get stops to get back on offense.  But when we are clanging brick after brick after brick and we go down and try for a couple of possessions to play good D, but the opposing team simply keeps moving the ball around until they take a 25 ft 3 pointer and the MAKE it, we just shrink and our shoulders go down.  We lose motivation.  It becomes mental.  Now us missing all the shots is not necessarily mental.  That is a function of the talent on the team and what we are seeing is that even after Kleiman makes 150 trades and all of that, we end up with a bunch of young mediocre players save for Ja.  And that is exactly what we have. 

30 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I did not know that stat existed, but I am so glad you brought it to the table.  I agree with you wholeheartedly.  When we can put the ball in the basket, we are motivated to play better D and try to get stops to get back on offense.  But when we are clanging brick after brick after brick and we go down and try for a couple of possessions to play good D, but the opposing team simply keeps moving the ball around until they take a 25 ft 3 pointer and the MAKE it, we just shrink and our shoulders go down.  We lose motivation.  It becomes mental.  Now us missing all the shots is not necessarily mental.  That is a function of the talent on the team and what we are seeing is that even after Kleiman makes 150 trades and all of that, we end up with a bunch of young mediocre players save for Ja.  And that is exactly what we have. 

The problem with all that is Jenkins believes it too - like its the only reason they lost a game. You hear him say it over and over in press conferences, " I was happy we had really good looks, we just didn't make our shots, and they (the other team) made some tough shots....." blah, blah, blah.

If this was all there was to it, we wouldn't need a coach. How about devising some plays and schemes in half court sets, pick and rolls, from inbounds, from time outs and utilising and maximising the skills of each player? 

Not seeing any of that.

Still can't beleive how we could loss so easily this one agaisnt one of the worst NBA team this year. Last 3 games were awful and we really need to find some solution in defense. Ja can't save us all alone on offesne part and the others starters will have to improve a lot..

18 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Ja can't save us all alone on offesne part and the others starters will have to improve a lot..

It also seems that Ja is a bit more guilty of tunnel vision/assist hunting.  He can get his -- but he has to set the table for the other guys, too.

And on the flip side of the ball we have to hide Ja on defense.  

Maybe he can be LESS ALPHA on offense but MORE ALPHA on defense.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

It also seems that Ja is a bit more guilty of tunnel vision/assist hunting.  He can get his -- but he has to set the table for the other guys, too.

And on the flip side of the ball we have to hide Ja on defense.  

Maybe he can be LESS ALPHA on offense but MORE ALPHA on defense.

Am i the only one who think Ja defense is improving a bit? Im' not saying he is great but i see some better move. 

On 11/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, Joey Crawford said:

Chip, this is not a complaint or criticism.   You are doing a great job in providing these game threads.    In fact, I would say the grizzlies fan board layout and structure is the best in the NBA, based on my internet visits to the other teams fan boards, to see what they are saying during our games with them.

My comment is that in the thread title it says @ New Orleans Pelicans - indicating an away game for the Grizzlies.    Also maybe not Wednesday, but Saturday.

I noticed that your convention for home games is Grizzlies vs whoever.

I am sure that you are aware of the title typo(s).    Go Grizzlies !

Corrected the day of the week. However it was a road game. 

13 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Am i the only one who think Ja defense is improving a bit? Im' not saying he is great but i see some better move. 

RIGHT!

I see it too…

Remember when they said Ja couldn’t shoot ? To that I say he is shooting this season!

Let them keep dogging his defense and watch him improve.

rewatching this game and Yikes....Its a WHOLE Lot of dudes in white jerseys playing hallazz defense.  Missing rotations, not talking on defense nor fighting thru screens.   We are earning that dead last defensive rank.  How they play you would think it is the goal. 

https://nbareplay.net/memphis-grizzlies-vs-new-orleans-pelicans-13-nov-2021-replays-full-game/

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

rewatching this game and Yikes....Its a WHOLE Lot of dudes in white jerseys playing hallazz defense.  Missing rotations, not talking on defense nor fighting thru screens.   We are earning that dead last defensive rank.  How they play you would think it is the goal. 

https://nbareplay.net/memphis-grizzlies-vs-new-orleans-pelicans-13-nov-2021-replays-full-game/

This is what I've been seeing also...I mean there is just nothing at all about the defense that says ok this may work.  NOTHING.  And its not something that started last night or a week ago or....you name it.  There is something wrong here.

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

RIGHT!

I see it too…

Remember when they said Ja couldn’t shoot ? To that I say he is shooting this season!

Let them keep dogging his defense and watch him improve.

his one on one isn't bad...its his defensive awarness...dude get lost on a regular on the defensive end.