The J Crew

Around the NBA - 2nd annual "Who will our Grizz face in the Finals" thread?

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Grit and grind started in 2010-11, it would be 13 years old at that point and all of the associated players would be retired.  Thats why I said 2016-17 when all of the associated players were still active but a little aged.  If KAT or somebody just murdered Zbo or Gasol in 2017 then tweeted that out, nobody in there right mind would say "he was just in high school, he didnt know what that meant."  Thats just silly.  You can say maybe he was just using a common phrase, but again, this is a team that actually put the slogan on towels and tshirts so I doubt that you can convince the Warriors that he hasnt seen that phrase commonly around their arena and city in the 4 years he has visited Oakland.

They haven't used that phrase in 6 years, I doubt he has seen it in their arena and City in the 4 years he's been there. I'm sure people still have shirts of it running around, but I'm going to highly doubt Jaren is looking at random people shirts. Grit and Grind is still far different, as it is literally still used when people talk about us nationally, and it's far more specific. Strength in numbers is just a common saying, and even if you saw a shirt that said it, you wouldn't jump to conclude this was some huge marketing push. Do you remember this slogan from 6 years ago? Or are you just posturing for some unknown reason?

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

They haven't used that phrase in 6 years, I doubt he has seen it in their arena and City in the 4 years he's been there. I'm sure people still have shirts of it running around, but I'm going to highly doubt Jaren is looking at random people shirts. Grit and Grind is still far different, as it is literally still used when people talk about us nationally, and it's far more specific. Strength in numbers is just a common saying, and even if you saw a shirt that said it, you wouldn't jump to conclude this was some huge marketing push. Do you remember this slogan from 6 years ago? Or are you just posturing for some unknown reason?

Im not a NBA player in their circle, but  what is obvious the Warriors (atleast Klay) still call it their slogan or give themselves major stake in making it popular and think that the Grizzly players should know its association to them.  Thats my point.  And if JJJ didnt remember or know he knows now.

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im not a NBA player in their circle, but  what is obvious the Warriors (atleast Klay) still call it their slogan or give themselves major stake in making it popular and think that the Grizzly players should know its association to them.  Thats my point.  And if JJJ didnt remember or know he knows now.

I guess the point is, Klay had no idea if Jaren knew or not, but called him a bum and a clown. Klay is just trash, that's the whole point. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I guess the point is, Klay had no idea if Jaren knew or not, but called him a bum and a clown. Klay is just trash, that's the whole point. 

I doubt he goes off like that unless its a pretty generally known fact in NBA circles about who used it the most.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:16 AM, Gradey said:

I think its funny...these dudes just won a championship and what does this guy do?  Let us all know the Grizz are living rent free in his head.  The dubs lose that series vs a healthy Grizz.

I REALLY hate the Golden State Warriors.

It would be TOO SWEET to take down their dynasty next season (or the year after that).

17 hours ago, Dwash said:

Grit and grind started in 2010-11, it would be 13 years old at that point and all of the associated players would be retired.  Thats why I said 2016-17 when all of the associated players were still active but a little aged.  If KAT or somebody just murdered Zbo or Gasol in 2017 then tweeted that out, nobody in there right mind would say "he was just in high school, he didnt know what that meant."  Thats just silly.  You can say maybe he was just using a common phrase, but again, this is a team that actually put the slogan on towels and tshirts so I doubt that you can convince the Warriors that he hasnt seen that phrase commonly around their arena and city in the 4 years he has visited Oakland.

I don't know, man. I understand what you say, but "strength in numbers is a very common catchphrase that's been around for decades and its use as a slogan by the Dubs has only been a blip in its overall usage.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content="strength+in+numbers"&year_start=1800&year_end=2019&corpus=26&smoothing=3&direct_url=t1%3B%2C" strength in numbers "%3B%2Cc0#t1%3B%2C" strength in numbers "%3B%2Cc0

In any case, it's a bit absurd for Klay to focus on that. I mean, Bane and DB have surely talked orders of magnitude more trash during that series than JJJ in his entire life, and he chose to go after him? Oh well, maybe it will light a fire after him.

Trip got some D-Team carrot and some Thompson trash-talk stick.

"Call it baggage. I use it all to advantage.
To get it done, I'm on the run."

K-OS - I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman

On 6/18/2022 at 12:17 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I REALLY hate the Golden State Warriors.

It would be TOO SWEET to take down their dynasty next season (or the year after that).

There is no team that I hate more than I hated the clippers (lob city).

CP 3 and Blake made it easy.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:30 AM, Thomas said:

My takeaway is we were even bigger contenders than I thought. Also just a down year for the NBA overall - injured and/or unavailable superstars all over the place, teams like the Nets imploding, Harden bottoming out, etc..

I can understand that opinion. It seemed to me we were a year away. So many missed opportunities on the Grizzlies part cost them at least two games if not a third. Golden State looked and acted more experienced. The Grizzlies clearly got under their skins however and, if everyone focuses on improving their games and not wasting time celebrating their new found success, the team should be competing much better next season. 

The Warriors will be back next season. The Clippers should be greatly improved with the return of Kawhi Leonard. Minnesota should continue to improve. Dallas has made moves to strengthen their team. Now is not the time to sit on their laurels. Everyone needs to be better next season not just as good.