The J Crew

Around the NBA - 2nd annual "Who will our Grizz face in the Finals" thread?

On 11/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, The J Crew said:

Lakers lost to the Thunder for the 2nd time last night. Lakers have also played Houston twice, and have played the weakest schedule so far. Not really the point of this post.

Watch Westbrook "guarding' Lu Dort on the sideline out of bounds play with 17 seconds left. More 4th quarter Russ, where he loses his mind and hurts his team. 

From that same twitter source, again if this is Desmond Bane, Hammad Haddadi or Grayson Allen setting this pick on two Lakers, a foul is called

I’ve had the pleasure of watching both OKC comebacks against the Lakers and they were glorious 

On 11/4/2021 at 1:55 AM, tangogriz said:

The refs on the court called a foul.

It was overturned by the _expletives_ in the booth.

I would love to hear someone in authority explain this.

Jaren touching Joker's wrist after release of the shot is reviewed to be a foul, but Embid body slamming and driving his shoulder into DeRozan's face is incidental contact.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022100111

Replay review of the foul called on Embiid (PHI) pursuant to a coach's challenge was deemed successful. Embiid makes clean ball contact to block DeRozan's (CHI) driving shot attempt and any follow-through contact after the block is deemed incidental.

https://official.nba.com/comments-on-the-rules/

1. Incidental Contact

The mere fact that contact occurs does not necessarily constitute a foul. Contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to play an opponent, reach a loose ball, or perform normal defensive or offensive movements, should not be considered illegal. If, however, a player attempts to play an opponent from a position where he has no reasonable chance to perform without making contact with his opponent, the responsibility is on the player in this position.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:32 AM, tangogriz said:

Jaren touching Joker's wrist after release of the shot is reviewed to be a foul, but Embid body slamming and driving his shoulder into DeRozan's face is incidental contact.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022100111

https://official.nba.com/comments-on-the-rules/

I’ve never understood why tapping the wrist after the ball has already been released is considered a foul 

On 10/29/2021 at 12:47 AM, The J Crew said:

Tell you what, JB is coaching his *** off for the Cavs. Cavs are 3 -2, have won 3 straight. Now playing Evan Mobley at the top of a 3-2 zone defense?  

I keep saying the Cavs are a better team that they're given credit for. 7-4 now and on a 4 game winning streak.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:54 AM, Ja_Rules said:

The Magic might have a good future. At least they have a dog in Cole. Facts.

I.like.this.guy.

he gets it!

Cole Anthony. Go head my man! 
Facts

😁

I thought the Wizards FO had the best off season. Smart and aggressive. Somehow got 3 rotation players on good contracts in exchange for dumping the fading Russell Westbrook making $44M this year and $47M next.

And Kuzma hits the game winner tonight, and the Wizards are currently the top seed in the East.

4 hours ago, The J Crew said:

If David Griffin’s job wasn’t in jeopardy alrighty, then Pels ownership is asleep. 

I'll take option B, J Crew

Grizz are no longer the only team to beat the Warriors.

Hornets not playing Gordon Hayward, whichever Plumlee they start at center, or Kelly Oubre to close. And Rozier won this jump ball over Draymond after getting tied up by Dray in the backcourt.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:25 PM, The J Crew said:

Enes Kanter is a hero, calling out the hypocrisy of LeBron. 

Pretty big when another NBA player is calling him out for that, especially one with international experience.

I expect a suspension from Silver (only moderately joking).

4 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Was going to start a first coach fired prediction thread, but it was pretty obvious if would be Luke. 

We play the Kings a week from today.

Grizzlies/Kings will be a double overtime thriller.

Hollinger has said that having seen Michael Porter Jr.‘a medicals, he wouldn’t want to be paying him big money long term. MPJ’s max starts next season. 

19 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Was going to start a first coach fired prediction thread, but it was pretty obvious if would be Luke. 

We play the Kings a week from today.

So Walton can win how many games filling in for Kerr at Golden State but has been fired from the Lakers and Kings? 

During 2015–16 training camp in October 2015, Walton was appointed as the Warriors interim head coach when Steve Kerr took an indefinite leave of absence to rehabilitate his back that had been bothering him after the NBA Finals.[11][12] Walton made his coaching debut in the season opener on October 27 in a 111–95 win over the New Orleans Pelicans. Three games later, he presided over the third-largest margin of victory in franchise history when the Warriors defeated the Memphis Grizzlies, 119–69, which was also the largest margin in the league since 1991.[13] The Warriors set a new NBA record by winning their first four games by a total margin of 100 points.[14] With a win over the Los Angeles Lakers on November 24, he guided the Warriors to a 16th consecutive victory to start the season, a new NBA record.[15]

Walton was named the NBA Western Conference Coach of the Month for games played in October and November, after guiding Golden State to a 19–0 start.[16] He received the award despite technically being winless, since the Warriors' record was credited to Kerr. Since Kerr was still the head coach, NBA rules stipulated that the team's record under an interim coach be credited to the head coach,[17] though the league considered altering the rule given Walton's case.[18] However, the NBA permits an interim or acting head coach to be eligible for coaching awards.[19] The Warriors extended their record start to 24–0. They were 39–4, the second-best start in league history, when Kerr resumed coaching full-time on January 22, 2016.[20] Golden State ended the season an NBA-record 73–9, and Kerr was voted the NBA Coach of the Year. The coach had Walton, who coached more games during the season than Kerr (43–39), sit next to him on the podium at the award press conference. Walton finished ninth in the voting, receiving one second-place and two third-place votes.[21]

Tell me again how the coach is so important compared to the Front Office...

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Xmas coming early!!!

We need LaLaLand to be MEDIOCRE.  A top 10 Lakers pick goes to New Orleans.

I REALLY want 3 picks in this draft.  Our pick and a Lakers pick in the 11-15 range would be nice -- also can use them to move UP.

18 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

We need LaLaLand to be MEDIOCRE.  A top 10 Lakers pick goes to New Orleans.

I REALLY want 3 picks in this draft.  Our pick and a Lakers pick in the 11-15 range would be nice -- also can use them to move UP.

Exactly.  Fortunately, I think it will be pretty tough for Lakers to be worse than any of the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Kings, or Pelicans.  I feel those 5 teams will be cemented into the bottom 5, but crazier things have happened.  Jazz pick is top 6 protected, so that's pretty much guaranteed.  If we do end up with 3 1st round picks, I wonder if we'd keep all three, or combine them together or with any players to move up.