The J Crew

Around the NBA - 2nd annual "Who will our Grizz face in the Finals" thread?

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Will Barton hurt in the Nuggets - Blazers game. Down for a while. But walked off the court and straight to the locker room.

Lot of *** whippings tonight. Denver up 20. Bucks drilled the Warriors. Pels beat the Clips by 24. Thunder? beat the Nets by 21.

And we just won by a meager 8. Shame shame

Of course, a lot of season to go, but I'd love to see the current 7 v 8 for a play in game spot, the battle for LA.

The Pelicans are edging up out of the 13/14 spot to tied for 11th with the Kings.

....I remember when the Grizzlies had the most consecutive years in the play-In tournament in NBA history....

Those were the years.

Amazing how quick this Dr. Sutterer guy puts out these videos after a player is injured. This one after KD's injury tonight. Dr. S. thinks it's a MCL sprain. Let's see tomorrow what the Nets say.

17 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

LeBron dribbles 17 times here and then falls down. Nuggets score 73 in the 1st half. Lakers back under .500 if they lose tonight. 

Terrible offense. That team sucks

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

He's fake fighting with Aaron Gordon right now. Double technical. 

He's a clown. 

You look at his interviews. He is so full of himself and dismissive of others. 

13 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Amazing how quick this Dr. Sutterer guy puts out these videos after a player is injured. This one after KD's injury tonight. Dr. S. thinks it's a MCL sprain. Let's see tomorrow what the Nets say.

Dr. S was right again.  

I think Durant was like top 5 in minutes played this season. Not that that is a direct result of the injury, but couldn’t have helped matters. With Harden starting slow, the Kyrie situation, and now this…their talent will truly have to offset chemistry issues. 

59 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I think Durant was like top 5 in minutes played this season. Not that that is a direct result of the injury, but couldn’t have helped matters. With Harden starting slow, the Kyrie situation, and now this…their talent will truly have to offset chemistry issues. 

Too late for them to tank?

Trade Harden/Kyrie to the Fakers?

5 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Too late for them to tank?

Trade Harden/Kyrie to the Fakers?

Ha! I think the Fakers are out of assets, but there’s a lot of value around the league that could possibly bring something back for those two. Hell, shop Durant too. They’re not making the Finals and have a good shot not to reach the eastern finals. 

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Ha! I think the Fakers are out of assets, but there’s a lot of value around the league that could possibly bring something back for those two. Hell, shop Durant too. They’re not making the Finals and have a good shot not to reach the eastern finals. 

I’m waiting for a Lakers/Celtics/Sixers/Nets mega trade.

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

This is bad

Like, “counting down the days until his back gives out” bad

The calf bone is connected to the leg bone - the leg bone is connected to the back bone - now shake them skeleton bones

Warriors 4.5 dogs tonight against the T-Wolves. Oh yeah, Curry and Payton Jr are out too. 

3 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

The calf bone is connected to the leg bone - the leg bone is connected to the back bone - now shake them skeleton bones

Warriors 4.5 dogs tonight against the T-Wolves. Oh yeah, Curry and Payton Jr are out too. 

The Warriors are basically imploding.  I think Steph/Dray/Klay get on the same page health wise, but either this team has been figured out by the rest of the league, or a "solid team" has reverted to the mean.

Upside is Kuminga had a good game a night or two ago.

28 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Warriors are basically imploding.  I think Steph/Dray/Klay get on the same page health wise, but either this team has been figured out by the rest of the league, or a "solid team" has reverted to the mean.

Upside is Kuminga had a good game a night or two ago.

They’re playing very poorly now. 4-6 over the last ten. Maybe they get healthy and get things firing on all cylinders again. They looked really solid earlier this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get back to it, but hopefully not. 

24 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

They’re playing very poorly now. 4-6 over the last ten. Maybe they get healthy and get things firing on all cylinders again. They looked really solid earlier this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get back to it, but hopefully not. 

Suns/Grizzlies/Bucks might be "tier 1" at the top of the NBA standings by the All Star Break.

The Bulls also look depleted.  ... Gobert is back (I think) but I think we can hold them off.  Mavs are figuring it out I think -- 4th best in the league for Points Against (although they play a bit slow, not sure what their pace-adjusted defensive metrics look like).  I think the Heat can gain some ground on the Bulls pretty quick.  Bucks/Heat have "been there" recently.  

Something to keep an eye on: which teams are moving up and down the standings.  Who's hot/Who's not.

3rd spot is avalaible. Warriors will loose more games without Draymond. I look Utah Game tody and the way they beat Denver is quite impressive.  With Gobert, this team is the best at West so no chance we ended in front of them i think. 

8 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

3rd spot is avalaible. Warriors will loose more games without Draymond. I look Utah Game tody and the way they beat Denver is quite impressive.  With Gobert, this team is the best at West so no chance we ended in front of them i think. 

With Rudy Gobert so far down in the All Star vote totals, I have picked it up and voted for him more.  Yeah, I would love to see a Jaren/Jokic/Gobert front line.  lol

Jokic/Gobert should definitely start.

I think Jaren has a shot.  Especially if Draymond Green misses the festivities.

25 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Suns/Grizzlies/Bucks might be "tier 1" at the top of the NBA standings by the All Star Break.

The Bulls also look depleted.  ... Gobert is back (I think) but I think we can hold them off.  Mavs are figuring it out I think -- 4th best in the league for Points Against (although they play a bit slow, not sure what their pace-adjusted defensive metrics look like).  I think the Heat can gain some ground on the Bulls pretty quick.  Bucks/Heat have "been there" recently.  

Something to keep an eye on: which teams are moving up and down the standings.  Who's hot/Who's not.

The East is wide open. 2.5 games separate 1st from 6th. Bulls on a slump. KD out a month or more and Kyrie only playing away games. I look for both of them to slide. Bucks recently have been 5-5. Philly is hot 9-1 over the past 10. It could be 76ers and Heat at the top before the end of the month.