The J Crew

Around the NBA - 2nd annual "Who will our Grizz face in the Finals" thread?

21 hours ago, chipc3 said:

What could go wrong with Zion rehabbing in Portland where marijuana is legal and the donuts are voodoo??? 
Rectangle shaped doughnut frosted with chocolate, a face, a yellow spiral, and a pretzel.

Chip, keep us posted regarding America's favorite Portland Donutglazer Zion Williamson!

Bonus points for in-depth breakdown of EVERY Zion Williamson turnover.  You know... cherry, apple...

21 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Interesting.

Well he ain’t playing Saturday. I figure very earliest will be after All-Star break. A healthy Kawhi and PG will make the Clips a tough draw in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, gfaulk09 said:

I want to avoid the Lakers, Suns, Warriors, Jazz in the first round. 

Clippers will be scarier than the Lakers if Kawhi comes back. 

They will get the same homer calls and are younger. 

9 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Clippers will be scarier than the Lakers if Kawhi comes back. 

They will get the same homer calls and are younger. 

I still think we can beat the clippers with Kawhi. Simply because theirs no 3 point borage for 4 games… 

Lebron has only been knocked out in the 1st round once in 18 seasons. I don’t think it’s going to happen back to back..

Warriors for obvious reasons

Suns - I don’t want to see Chris Paul

Jazz - Conley makes the right play too often. 

1 hour ago, gfaulk09 said:

I still think we can beat the clippers with Kawhi. Simply because theirs no 3 point borage for 4 games… 

Lebron has only been knocked out in the 1st round once in 18 seasons. I don’t think it’s going to happen back to back..

Warriors for obvious reasons

Suns - I don’t want to see Chris Paul

Jazz - Conley makes the right play too often. 

I’m with you on the Lakers. I think people are sleep on the fact that all of these dudes except Bron and AD just got there this season, and LeBron and Westbrook aren’t natural fits. But neither were Bron and Wade or Russ and Beal but they both have a history of having monster 2nd half’s of seasons in those circumstances. They are going to be a problem come post AllStar break. Just hope they peak at 6. 

Lakers suck, they are done

Obviously Clippers become a different proposition with a healthy, and in form PG13 and Kawhii. Will they get to this, who knows?

I feel we can matchup up ok with Warriors and Phoenix, particularly if their no.1 gun is having an off night (because of Dillon and his D, and team D)

The Jazz still scare me, their strengths (size, spreading the floor, everyone shooting 3s at a good clip, high exponents of the PnR in half court sets, great shot blocker) override our weaknesses (guarding the perimeter, not great at shooting 3s, not great at defending the PnR and fouling to do so, our top players often relying on scoring in the paint)

Dallas, and Doncic, are a dark horse that need to be considered.

5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Lakers suck, they are done

Obviously Clippers become a different proposition with a healthy, and in form PG13 and Kawhii. Will they get to this, who knows?

I feel we can matchup up ok with Warriors and Phoenix, particularly if their no.1 gun is having an off night (because of Dillon and his D, and team D)

The Jazz still scare me, their strengths (size, spreading the floor, everyone shooting 3s at a good clip, high exponents of the PnR in half court sets, great shot blocker) override our weaknesses (guarding the perimeter, not great at shooting 3s, not great at defending the PnR and fouling to do so, our top players often relying on scoring in the paint)

Dallas, and Doncic, are a dark horse that need to be considered.

Dallas doesn’t scare me at all. Clippers have always been fakers. 
lakers won’t win the title, but I still wouldn’t want to face Lebron

10 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Well he ain’t playing Saturday. I figure very earliest will be after All-Star break. A healthy Kawhi and PG will make the Clips a tough draw in the playoffs 

I believe the earliest would be in late March or early April. The type of surgery (ACL) he had requires a minimum of a year to get back to form. 

34 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe the earliest would be in late March or early April. The type of surgery (ACL) he had requires a minimum of a year to get back to form. 

Kawhi had the surgery in mid-July. So whenever he returns this season, if he returns, he is way ahead of schedule.

8-9 months for return to practice is becoming more common with ACL's. But even only 8 months would be mid-March. Season ends April 10th. We'll see. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kawhi had the surgery in mid-July. So whenever he returns this season, if he returns, he is way ahead of schedule.

8-9 months for return to practice is becoming more common with ACL's. But even only 8 months would be mid-March. Season ends April 10th. We'll see. 

He might be back after 9 months but he won’t be peak Kawhi for a while longer.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

He might be back after 9 months but he won’t be peak Kawhi for a while longer.

Normally, I would agree. With Kawhi, I say who knows? He is a freak, top half of 1% in the world athlete. 

And as frustrating as it is, some guys just heal more quickly than others. We dealt with that last year with Justise and Jaren. Mike Conley gets his head broken and had surgery through his eye socket in the '15 playoffs, and played 9 days later at Golden State. 

11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kawhi never returns early from surgery or medical issues. He won't be back this year.

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Kawhi never returns early from surgery or medical issues. He won't be back this year.

I think I'll take that bet. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

I think I'll take that bet. 

ok, you're on. I'm saying Kawhi won't play, you think he'll play some point this season. 

I'll depend on you to remember because I won't remember this.

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Normally, I would agree. With Kawhi, I say who knows? He is a freak, top half of 1% in the world athlete. 

And as frustrating as it is, some guys just heal more quickly than others. We dealt with that last year with Justise and Jaren. Mike Conley gets his head broken and had surgery through his eye socket in the '15 playoffs, and played 9 days later at Golden State. 

Well, you have a point. Those weeks/months of getting back up to pre-injury performance are really about the brain adapting and building back muscle memory.

Kawhi will probably just download an upgrade, perform a hard reboot and play even better than before.

7 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

ok, you're on. I'm saying Kawhi won't play, you think he'll play some point this season. 

I'll depend on you to remember because I won't remember this.

So you're expecting me to document this momentous occasion?

Yes, I think he'll play. Chris Haynes is basically a mouthpiece for star players' camps. Haynes will say anthing the player wants him to say. "League sources" could be Kawhi himself. Haynes wouldn't put this news out unless the Kawhi camp wanted it out. 

People need to cheer for the Kings, T'Wolves and Spurs and even Portland.

Since PG went down, the Clippers have slid in standings, going 2-5 and now sit in 8th, 3.5 games ahead of the Kings in 11th.  Maybe the Clippers being out of contention would be more appealing for Kawhi to come back since there would be no pressure, but I could see his advisors telling him to wait it out because it's not worth returning to a team outside the play-in tournament.

29 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Well at least they aren't the Pistons!  

Kings might need to just reload around Tyrese Halliburton.  Shop Fox.

Halli is a bigger playmaker I would rather give the ball/franchise too.  I feel the same way about Giddey in OKC.

Maybe trade Fox to New Orleans and get a ton of picks back.  

Another bad thing for the Kings:  not sure the TOP of this draft is that good.  Don't see any super stars (maybe no perennial all stars).  They should consider trading down.  Although I think Halli/Chet would be a good combo to build around.  I think Chet Holmgren can be Deluxe Vlade Divac.  But, they should draft who they want, not necessarily the top ESPN guys or Jay Bilas' "best available".

Get Chet then turn the picks you get from trading Fox (I might shop other guys too) and get MarJon Beuchamp/Josh Minott/Tevin Brown.  Then an extra big man (or two) to pair with Chet Holmgren.  I really like Walker Kessler (but is that a good combo?).  Ibou Badji would be fun, but he might be available much later.  Chet Holmgren with Jalen Duren inside might be an IDEAL big man combo.

I think I join most fans in wanting to see stars on the court.

I wonder, does stuff like this happen to Curry because of Draymond's rise to fame in a wake of injured players, with full permission of the league?

I look forward to that bozo playing on a Curryless team.

11 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Trade season has begun!

Bol Bol could be a steal.  Culver/Jazz pick probably could have gotten it done.

Great trade for Pistons.  Bad team, needs buzz.  Bol could help space the floor for Cade as a stretch 4 or a stretch 5.  

Can’t believe the Nuggets couldn’t have gotten more for Bol Bol.  Although they did sign DeMarcus Cousins as a backup big.  Jokic/Cousins giving off serious Nasty Boys tag team vibes.

20 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Trade season has begun!

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Bol Bol could be a steal.  Culver/Jazz pick probably could have gotten it done.

Great trade for Pistons.  Bad team, needs buzz.  Bol could help space the floor for Cade as a stretch 4 or a stretch 5.  

Can’t believe the Nuggets couldn’t have gotten more for Bol Bol.  Although they did sign DeMarcus Cousins as a backup big.  Jokic/Cousins giving off serious Nasty Boys tag team vibes.

Jeremi Grant will be available for the best offer. The Bulls might have the most interest and the best package if they consider to include Williams/White, but we have a chance too.