chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Washington Wizards- 11/5/21

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I was thinking more of Dillon beating opponents senseless with it.

Hints of Lex Luger with his bionic forearm.  I approve!

Maybe we can get the Monday Night game on TNT in a co-promotion with AEW.

10 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Maybe they just forgot is not the greatest of games ever.

well that game sucked

19 minutes ago, lions said:

well that game sucked

Yeah, almost nobody could make shots, and nobody could stop them making shots.

The D is becoming a big problem

10 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Is it personnel, schemes, lack of focus or a combination of all 3?

We might need to start ZW and BC at the forward spots to go with the Ja/Melton back court and move Jaren to center.  Those 3 standard starters can score enough -- ZW has defensive upside along with a bit of play making and a non-broken jumper (I think).  BC is a guy who... if he can't play with Ja/Melton/Jaren then I am not sure if he can play with ANYBODY.

Bane can be our 6th man.  With Tyus/Kyle/Adams getting the rest of the bench minutes.  

It seems like this team has a mini-identity crisis every 10 minutes.

Go with a strict 9 man rotation until Dillon gets back.  I can also see Merrill/Pons getting those Konchar/Tillman scrub love minutes.

11 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is it personnel, schemes, lack of focus or a combination of all 3?

We might need to start ZW and BC at the forward spots to go with the Ja/Melton back court and move Jaren to center.  Those 3 standard starters can score enough -- ZW has defensive upside along with a bit of play making and a non-broken jumper (I think).  BC is a guy who... if he can't play with Ja/Melton/Jaren then I am not sure if he can play with ANYBODY.

Bane can be our 6th man.  With Tyus/Kyle/Adams getting the rest of the bench minutes.  

It seems like this team has a mini-identity crisis every 10 minutes.

Go with a strict 9 man rotation until Dillon gets back.  I can also see Merrill/Pons getting those Konchar/Tillman scrub love minutes.

Williams is the first guy who should go to the bench. He's shooting 29% from 3 and 31% from the floor, and has the worst offensive rating and tied for worst defensive rating among people who play regular minutes.

He's awful right now and he's killing us.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

What do you mean sea time? Also not all sailors serve sea time

I got sea pay serving aboard ship on two occasions, first aboard a frigate, later aboard a carrier.  Yes, I am aware that some sailors never go to sea due to their duty requirements.  My father never had to go to sea when he was in the Navy.  I just like to take a little jab at my friend in jest.

3 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Williams is the first guy who should go to the bench. He's shooting 29% from 3 and 31% from the floor, and has the worst offensive rating and tied for worst defensive rating among people who play regular minutes.

For the latest 3 games he's shooting 47% from the floor and the 3 is 44% on 7 of 16 , including that beyond-half-court heave last night.

6 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

The Grizzlies have at least 2 players that get minutes for the Grizzlies that wouldn't come close to get minutes for a team that's actually trying to win. Williams and Konchar are 2 of those players.

Just look at the reply. Poor effort, shot don't come in ( it happpen) but the thing still worry me is the defense. You dont go in play off with playing no defense unles you are the bucks. We really need to improve this part. Dilon will hep a lot when he back. Go Grizz!!! 

7 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

He wasn't the problem last night.

Ja, Bane, and Melton all shot poorly, the Grizzlies were chasing the game from mid-1st qtr.

Then Jaren tried launching them to get the Grizz back into it, and of course, they didn't drop either

9 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Where did you guys see it ? I’m googling and can’t find it anywhere 

They showed a him sitting on the sideline and his hand was on his shoulder.  It looked swollen 

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yeah, almost nobody could make shots, and nobody could stop them making shots.

I,m Taking this season one Game at a Time No Highs or lows . 

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

He wasn't the problem last night.

Ja, Bane, and Melton all shot poorly, the Grizzlies were chasing the game from mid-1st qtr.

Then Jaren tried launching them to get the Grizz back into it, and of course, they didn't drop either

He wasn't but Alkt Grind was saying the solution to our problem is to play Williams more, which it clearly isn't. He's our worst rotation player right now.

As somebody mentioned above, playing him is basically saying we don't care if we win games. I get he needs minutes for development so I'm ok with it. But why is Konchar playing ahead of BC? What skillset does Konch give us there?

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

He wasn't but Alkt Grind was saying the solution to our problem is to play Williams more, which it clearly isn't. He's our worst rotation player right now.

As somebody mentioned above, playing him is basically saying we don't care if we win games. I get he needs minutes for development so I'm ok with it. But why is Konchar playing ahead of BC? What skillset does Konch give us there?

One plays PF/small ball center, the other plays guard.  What does one have to do with the other?  You may as well be questioning Tilllman eating into Tyus Jones' minutes.  Konchar doesn't score much, but he usually plays good defense, rebounds well, passes well and makes good decisions.

I'll never understand why, on these boards, so many people focus on the 9th, 10th, and 11th players.  John Konchar hasn't lost us a single game this season.  His 5 points, 2 rebounds, and a steal, with no turnovers didn't lose us the game last night,.  Last night we lost because our defense was non-existent, and our best players couldn't score.  Neither Konchar nor Clarke was responsible for that.

As for Williams, he was our top pick.  He is going to get minutes for development just like any other lottery pick does on every other team.  He has made some positive steps, but still needs a lot of work.  The worst part of his game right now is his defense.  I think he will get better.  The only question is at what point does the FO and coaching staff decide winning is more important than player development.  I think we plan to make the playoffs, but we do not yet have championship expectations.

BC should 100% be playing over Konchar but that is not the problem. If playing your 10th man causes that much of an issue to the point where you lose games then maybe the rest of your rotation isn't as good as you think.

21 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Where did you guys see it ? I’m googling and can’t find it anywhere 

The TV broadcast showed him gently holding that arm.  The hand legit looked terrible.  It hurt to look at.

Not sarcastic.  As a person who had a major knee surgery as an adult to fix what got screwed up in high school, that stuff is not funny.