GF#1

Grizzlies and Jaren Jackson agree on 4 year 105 million extension

The JJJ we got in the warriors game I hope stays

10 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

The JJJ we got in the warriors game I hope stays

I think he sensed a matchup advantage for him, he had 14 at half and only had 1 three pointer made to that point. The 3 ball opens up once they have to honor his post or driving ability. 

45 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think he sensed a matchup advantage for him, he had 14 at half and only had 1 three pointer made to that point. The 3 ball opens up once they have to honor his post or driving ability. 

As long as he remembers that when they come out he needs to drive. JJJ has habit of falling in love with the three at the expense of his interior game. 

14 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I agree. I like his post play as well vs GS. We need to pound the paint

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/3/23054054/jaren-jackson-jr-nba-playoffs-memphis-grizzlies

Jackson can fly in from all angles, turning away the kinds of attempts that had previously felt safe. Pull-up 3s. Fast-break layups. Drives past Jackson at the top of the floor, free and clear until they suddenly weren’t. Golden State’s winding, interconnected offense poses an incredible challenge to opposing big men, but Jackson is more dynamic in coverage than virtually any other player his size. He isn’t a rim protector. He’s the future of NBA defense—if only he could manage to stay on the floor.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/3/23054054/jaren-jackson-jr-nba-playoffs-memphis-grizzlies

Jackson can fly in from all angles, turning away the kinds of attempts that had previously felt safe. Pull-up 3s. Fast-break layups. Drives past Jackson at the top of the floor, free and clear until they suddenly weren’t. Golden State’s winding, interconnected offense poses an incredible challenge to opposing big men, but Jackson is more dynamic in coverage than virtually any other player his size. He isn’t a rim protector. He’s the future of NBA defense—if only he could manage to stay on the floor.

"If only he could stay on the floor" is going to be the JJJ fans dying comment. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

"If only he could stay on the floor" is going to be the JJJ fans dying comment. 

I was all in on Jaren, but I am a little tired of making excuses for him. Yes it’s true he doesn’t foul as much when Steven Adams is on the floor, he’s better at the 4 than the 5.

I don’t care anymore tbh tho. Jaren’s talent is immense and he effects the game just by being on the court. He has to figure out how not to foul, period. He got his money and his potential suggests he deserves it, but he has to stop making bone headed fouls. 

30 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I was all in on Jaren, but I am a little tired of making excuses for him. Yes it’s true he doesn’t foul as much when Steven Adams is on the floor, he’s better at the 4 than the 5.

I don’t care anymore tbh tho. Jaren’s talent is immense and he effects the game just by being on the court. He has to figure out how not to foul, period. He got his money and his potential suggests he deserves it, but he has to stop making bone headed fouls. 

Some of these calls on him are just horrible.  A lot of it is due to his awkwardness making things look worse than what they are.  Im hoping that now that we are good NBA refs take the time to start studying JJJ like Im sure they do other stars so they can properly ref him

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Some of these calls on him are just horrible.  A lot of it is due to his awkwardness making things look worse than what they are.  Im hoping that now that we are good NBA refs take the time to start studying JJJ like Im sure they do other stars so they can properly ref him

I’m starting to think that everybody knows he fouls but him.

He argues every call - when he clearly hacked someone to pieces as well as when it could go either way.

Listen … I don’t really worry about the whistles. I just wish he would use his fouls better.

The ‘get back’ is hounding him.

It got Dillon last game.

Get Backs - oh no ! I made a mistake / missed an assignment, brick or air ball a shot…

Immediately, they both overcompensate… hell bent on getting it back.

13 gets many of his on silly emotional swings, reaches, no way to hide type hacking.

Dillon does this too… watch the two plays - right before the flagrant 2 - Dillon bricked / air balled .

When he saw GS pushing the pace for an easy 2 on the break after his second miss he made a choice to smash Payton. I still do not believe Dillon intended to injure anyone.

13’s fouls come at some of the worst times / situations.

If a guy has you beat to a layup or even dunk -> take your L. Against this team, a made layup is preferable to fouling a 3 point shooter. 
When you get a frustration error - keep your head in the game. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, chipc3 said:

Those are your opinions. I believe Kyle and Steven are the vets on the team who are supposed to keep players calm and under control. All the same, It's difficult for 21yr old men not to get overly excited their first time in this position. I am sure when you were 21 you were much more mature but most people have to learn how to handle playoff pressure and words of wisdom need time to sink in and make a difference. 

I believe the Grizzlies, who are the 2nd youngest team in the league, are growing up before our eyes and like all maturations, it isn't without painful missteps.  

The high horse.... Did you read what I wrote before saddling up? Not worth it. 

JJJ simply has too much brightness and potential to basically ever let him walk. We are even seeing some of it against the Warriors. To be fair to him, he will never please everybody. The crowd that thinks he should be shooting unguardable 3s, the crowd that thinks he is unguardable in the paint.... 

I really like him as a player. He has seemingly taken the twolves' lesson to heart. Played much more within himself. Not sure he should have fouled out. We will need his defense if we are going to take game 3.

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:
What are ya'll smoking - those of you that want to trade Jaren.     

How many people have said we should trade Jaren? Can you name them?

20 hours ago, The REF said:

That's all people were saying!

If you package Dillion Brooks + Jaren Jackson (TRIP) + a 1st for Anthony Davis.

Anybody else like this trade proposal.

20 hours ago, The REF said:

But that's when you TRADE a player crazy, you don't wait until they 40, or 50 years old.  (ok, I'm being funny right there), but you get the best value now.  Jaren has reached his ceiling, it's time to JETTISON him now.

22 years old, no drive to get better, reckless on the court, take ill-advise shots, plays out of position, a liability on defense, foul, foul, foul, man move this GUY as soon as you can.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

How many people have said we should trade Jaren? Can you name them?

And @Ndq0327 was suggesting we should move off of him recently as well.   Not to mention how many people were pushing to trade him during the season.   This isn't a new narrative. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

And @Ndq0327 was suggesting we should move off of him recently as well.   Not to mention how many people were pushing to trade him during the season.   This isn't a new narrative. 

Ok so 1 maybe 2 people? I think on this board we get caught up in going back and forth with 1 or 2 people and then attribute those arguments to everybody on the board. JJJ disappoints me at times and I don't think anyone on this team is untouchable (maybe Ja but he HAS to to stay healthy) but I don't see many people proactively lobbying a JJJ trade. Now if someone dangled an All Star or 2, yes, you should consider it but that's not realistic and ain't happening. As I said, we have a team full of guys who have ups and downs and I think our depth helps cover some of our players individual flaws. Everyone on this team has flaws and it's frustrating because we see their potential so people may say stuff in the moment which they may not really mean.

I don't see any trades happening any time soon. Tyus may get a bigger offer in FA and maybe SloMo but that's the only movement I see going into next year.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Ok so 1 maybe 2 people? I think on this board we get caught up in going back and forth with 1 or 2 people and then attribute those arguments to everybody on the board.

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Except i specifically said "those of you", which means i wasn't attributing it to everyone on the board.   

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Except i specifically said "those of you", which means i wasn't attributing it to everyone on the board.   

My overall point was, it's a very small number of people. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Amazing how often this thread gets bumped.

It doesn't take long for Jaren to come back after one bad game

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Jaren is good

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Amazing how often this thread gets bumped.

It doesn't take long for Jaren to come back after one bad game

Dude gonna be unreal.  In 2 years we will have TWO top 10 players in NBA in Beale Street Blue. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dude gonna be unreal.  In 2 years we will have TWO top 10 players in NBA in Beale Street Blue. 

And Bane has a chance to be top 25 or at least top 30. 

If Jaren reaches his full potential and Ja knees hold up Memphis has a shot at a championship parade downtown 

3 hours ago, My man Allen said:

And Bane has a chance to be top 25 or at least top 30. 

If Jaren reaches his full potential and Ja knees hold up Memphis has a shot at a championship parade downtown 

I think they do

Foul trouble is still his biggest issue going forward he was 1st in fouls in the regular season.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:08 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

👀bane?