GF#1

Grizzlies and Jaren Jackson agree on 4 year 105 million extension

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

How late are you to the party??? 

In fact Im not. I posted that for the ppl that refuse to say so. 

10 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

In fact Im not. I posted that for the ppl that refuse to say so. 

Image result for okay GIF

Do you think those people who haven't noticed JJJ is playing well on defense are reading this board? 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for okay GIF

Do you think those people who haven't noticed JJJ is playing well on defense are reading this board? 

Yes they are

2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Yes they are

I've read people claim:

1. Jaren takes too many threes instead of taking smaller defenders inside
  2. Jaren doesn't rebound enough for a player his size
  3. Jaren commits too many dumb fouls

Most if not all of those issues have been resolved of late and he's playing like the person everyone knew he was capable of becoming. 

I've never read anyone say Jaren can't or doesn't play good defense. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

I've read people claim:

1. Jaren takes too many threes instead of taking smaller defenders inside
  2. Jaren doesn't rebound enough for a player his size
  3. Jaren commits too many dumb fouls

Most if not all of those issues have been resolved of late and he's playing like the person everyone knew he was capable of becoming. 

I've never read anyone say Jaren can't or doesn't play good defense. 

Ppl usually point any of those things and dont give any or the same effort to show how much he impact winning with his D. Just his overall presence. 

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

Ppl usually point any of those things and dont give any or the same effort to show how much he impact winning with his D. Just his overall presence. 

Is it possible that you are too close to this issue and see insult and slight were none is intended?

I have been a critic of JJJ in the past but I have admitted he has matured and become a great player recently. I have said numerous times he was needed if the team was going to win, most recently at the start of the 4th quarter against Golden State. I firmly believe if Jaren had not played the entire 4th quarter the Grizzlies would have lost that game. The team was +10 in the first three quarters with Jaren in the game, but he was only in for 10 minutes because of foul trouble. That means when he was playing, the Grizzlies outscored the Warriors by a point a minute. That's HUGE and Jaren only had 5 points and 3 boards at the start of the 4th.

He made the difference in that game and many others. It has been noticed. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Is it possible that you are too close to this issue and see insult and slight were none is intended?

I have been a critic of JJJ in the past but I have admitted he has matured and become a great player recently. I have said numerous times he was needed if the team was going to win, most recently at the start of the 4th quarter against Golden State. I firmly believe if Jaren had not played the entire 4th quarter the Grizzlies would have lost that game. The team was +10 in the first three quarters with Jaren in the game, but he was only in for 10 minutes because of foul trouble. That means when he was playing, the Grizzlies outscored the Warriors by a point a minute. That's HUGE and Jaren only had 5 points and 3 boards at the start of the 4th.

Just put some respect on his name and I wont talk anything about him

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Man I know you're getting tired of being attacked for your more than realistic take on trippy to begin the season. It just seemed like some posters had drawn a hard conclusion of his career and not took into consideration injury etc.... I picked his improvement to be 17 to 20 and 6 to 8 rebounds.  Even though he's a little shy of that,  his defensive presence definitely more important imho

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

It’s respeK … Ja clearly told errbody to put some respek on the M ! 

*birdman voice - ‘now are y’all finished or are y’all done?’

???

for what its worth I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that I have said from the start - his defense would not need to change… all ‘good defenders’ hack and foul all game long… the difference is - he is no longer a rookie … he’s gained the referee’s no whistle - play on nod.

He is being more aggressive and moves with much more intention out there . Not as many timid half swipes after getting beat to a spot.

I see it , yall see it and the reffs do to.

PLAY ON 13 ! 
Get it in !!!

31 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Man I know you're getting tired of being attacked for your more than realistic take on trippy to begin the season. It just seemed like some posters had drawn a hard conclusion of his career and not took into consideration injury etc.... I picked his improvement to be 17 to 20 and 6 to 8 rebounds.  Even though he's a little shy of that,  his defensive presence definitely more important imho

I thought Jaren would exceed 20ppg average, maybe even 22ppg, but with Des nearly doubling his ppg, which I didn't foresee for this season, it doesn't really matter. The important thing is, on any given night, Jaren can get you 20 or more if others can't because they are having an off night or out with injury.  These points are even more valid if he regains his year 1 and year 2 form from outside the arc

It's his D that has been the real X factor, at least for me. I pictured Jaren's value on this team to be more about the offense with some defense. He has flipped that, and its a necessary thing for the Grizz to be serious contenders.

If he gets both consistently going at the same time, God help the rest of the NBA. With the rest of the NXT GEN CORE4 healthy and in form, they won't be beat.

JJJ defense is insane now

On 1/11/2022 at 8:29 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea because this is obviously all about the "Science".   If they lose enough viewership they may also lower the amount of testing soon too - cuz of "Science". 

This ignorance is on topic?

We dont need a 20/22 JJJ. But a strong 16/18 points /6 rbd /2 blocks per game + his great defense will make him at a good level. And with the fact that he is still very young and with a good margin for progress. 

12 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

We dont need a 20/22 JJJ. But a strong 16/18 points /6 rbd /2 blocks per game + his great defense will make him at a good level. And with the fact that he is still very young and with a good margin for progress. 

I still like 20. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:24 PM, Ja_Rules said:

He's earned it 

Ah heck with it.... best team in the league since early December.  Tearing it up on BOTH sides of the ball, the ONE constant all season.

Who do you THINK that I just put as my top overall MVP pick in my latest MVP power poll?

5 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ah heck with it.... best team in the league since early December.  Tearing it up on BOTH sides of the ball, the ONE constant all season.

Who do you THINK that I just put as my top overall MVP pick in my latest MVP power poll?

Tyus

1 minute ago, Subliminal said:

Tyus

Yeah, him too.

Tyus Jones is a machine this year.  Hope he gets recognition for something.

He might be so good that he needs a nickname... what about Ty Ballgame?

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah, him too.

Tyus Jones is a machine this year.  Hope he gets recognition for something.

He might be so good that he needs a nickname... what about Ty Ballgame?

He does, it’s Stones!