GF#1

Grizzlies and Jaren Jackson agree on 4 year 105 million extension

1 hour ago, KyleB said:

The first step was getting a discount on Steph's second contract because of his ankles. Some might say we just got a discount on Jaren's second contract because of his injuries. 

57 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Very true but his foul issues helped a lot too. 😉

So you’re telling me there’s a chance ?

*insert Jim Carey meme here *

💫🤣💫

6 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

So you’re telling me there’s a chance ?

*insert Jim Carey meme here *

💫🤣💫

See the source image

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Can we start to recognize how much impact Jaren has on the D end?

I thought I noticed something on that end, but I just can’t put my finger on it….. 

Trip is getting 5 blocks a game. Absolutely crushing it on D!

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The most impressive thing is that teams force shots and passes just because of his presence in the paint.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

We got one guy breaking records offensively in Ja, another defensively in Trippy and plenty as a team as well

That was always the plan 

I like it. Ja needs to extend this summer if I am correct, right after this season and he has intimated he ain't going anywhere. In my humble opinion the Grizzlies need to lock these young super talents down. Even if they get injured, they are 22-ish, they'll recover much better than 33+ yo superstars.

Is it me or has JJJ's coordination made a huge leap this year? That was always the biggest key to unlocking his insane upside.

8 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

The most impressive thing is that teams force shots and passes just because of his presence in the paint.

A chill went down my spine when I read the word presence.

13 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Can we start to recognize how much impact Jaren has on the D end?

How late are you to the party??? 

So over the last 4 games as our full time starting center Jaren has averaged 20 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2 spg, 4.8 bpg with 3.5 fouls. I'll gladly take the 6.8 stocks to 3.5 fouls tradeoff though. He also has +/- of 18.8 per game, with an offensive rating of 120 and defensive rating of 96 (elite in both categories). 

I'll add one more note on that. Jaren's TRB% for that stretch is 16.6% which is pretty close to Adams 17.7% on the year, who we all recognize as a very good rebounder. Jaren didn't rebound well last night, but that's mainly because KAT was very content staying at the 3 point line all night. Even with that, a very respectable rebounding %.

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Is it me or has JJJ's coordination made a huge leap this year? That was always the biggest key to unlocking his insane upside.

I think this is part of it, but I also feel (have no way to statistically back this up) he's getting a more favorable whistle. He still has some awkward times, but in the past those were called offensive fouls/silly fouls the majority of the time and now he gets to the FT line or they call it clean on the defensive end.

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

He's a monster.

43 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

So over the last 4 games as our full time starting center Jaren has averaged 20 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2 spg, 4.8 bpg with 3.5 fouls. I'll gladly take the 6.8 stocks to 3.5 fouls tradeoff though. He also has +/- of 18.8 per game, with an offensive rating of 120 and defensive rating of 96 (elite in both categories). 

I'll add one more note on that. Jaren's TRB% for that stretch is 16.6% which is pretty close to Adams 17.7% on the year, who we all recognize as a very good rebounder. Jaren didn't rebound well last night, but that's mainly because KAT was very content staying at the 3 point line all night. Even with that, a very respectable rebounding %.

I was just thinking, forget about Ja, how many guys can we clearly have ahead of Jaren in the MVP discussion: probably Giannis (if he isn't the front runner then this is DEFINITELY not the league I grew up with), DeRozan (record/narrative/blahblahblah), Jokic (stats, on/off), Rudy Gobert (as high as 2?  co-MVP?), then the residual MVP narratives of Steph/Durant.  As high as 5-7 range?  After those handful of guys, I think there are about 10-15 players who deserve (roughly equal) recognition.

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

He doesnt look like a baby giraffe anymore. 

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

I think this is part of it, but I also feel (have no way to statistically back this up) he's getting a more favorable whistle. He still has some awkward times, but in the past those were called offensive fouls/silly fouls the majority of the time and now he gets to the FT line or they call it clean on the defensive end.

yes. this.