GF#1

Grizzlies and Jaren Jackson agree on 4 year 105 million extension

Jaren uses his hands for everything someone needs to teach him to use his legs and feet more for post ups/rebounds.

22 last night. Ill take it

9 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Jaren uses his hands for everything someone needs to teach him to use his legs and feet more for post ups/rebounds.

His rebounding issues stem from him always being out of position he’s like a kid who doesn’t Eleanor to use his legs lol

26 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Bump

Bravo to person who shot that photo.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:11 AM, bterry1990 said:

His rebounding issues stem from him always being out of position he’s like a kid who doesn’t Eleanor to use his legs lol

Just curious. Is this an Eleanor Roosevelt reference? ?

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Bump

Nice!

Just curious, but does "multiple" games in a single season = 2?

Not taking anything away from Jaren, he led from the front today

Looks like Jaren might be able to play center after all. Rebounded pretty well (we won the rebounding battle), he also had 5 blocks and 26 points. He got Zubac in foul trouble, who is a very solid and very physical big man. Jaren was +31 today. 

Finally got a glimpse of the future maybe. Brandon should be starting next to him as well, I can understand Brandon being an extra jolt to the bench unit. 

Found this tidbit from a few months ago.

Wonder if this "anonymous executive" is eating his crow with chilli or bbq sauce:

Barely? ?

Shows how much this "executive" knows

FOR some reason Jaren plays better without JA.

When he plays with Ja he becomes more a floor spacer which helps JA when he goes inside.

25 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

When he plays with Ja he becomes more a floor spacer which helps JA when he goes inside.

I think it’s less Ja himself and more Ja + another non shooting big man. Jaren is an inside out big, with JV last season and Adams this season Jaren’s abilities are nerfed. If this play continues with Adams out I think it becomes more clear that Jaren is the 5 of the future. 

46 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I think he clearly plays much better without Ja. He was averaging 19.9 when Ja was out compared to 14.3 since Ja returned. I've always thought Ja freezes Jaren out when he tries to post up, mainly because Ja's main offense revolves around the pick and roll. 

Another part of it is that Jaren has a higher usage % when Ja is out. He actually only averaged 1.4 more shots per game when Ja was out, so not some big difference there. He just gets better looks when he is the focal point on offense. 

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think he clearly plays much better without Ja. He was averaging 19.9 when Ja was out compared to 14.3 since Ja returned. I've always thought Ja freezes Jaren out when he tries to post up, mainly because Ja's main offense revolves around the pick and roll. 

Another part of it is that Jaren has a higher usage % when Ja is out. He actually only averaged 1.4 more shots per game when Ja was out, so not some big difference there. He just gets better looks when he is the focal point on offense. 

The pace might be more at Jaren’s liking when Ja is out, too.  Things get kind of frenetic when Ja is running things. lol

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

The pace might be more at Jaren’s liking when Ja is out, too.  Things get kind of frenetic when Ja is running things. lol

What kind of speed does JJJ play better at?

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

What kind of speed does JJJ play better at?

I'm not really sure, we played at a pretty good pace yesterday (123 points on 100 shots). I'm not sure it is so much of a pace, I just think he's effective at attacking slower footed big men off the dribble and having a little extra room to get off 3s. He can still attack mismatches in the post, but he's not super efficient at posting up similar sized players. 

jjj gets intimidated by ja. no other reason that can explain it. it isn’t the pace or anything else. ja can play with anyone. jjj is going to have to keep maturing and find his place/get comfortable. there’s no reason why he can’t be the same jjj we saw in lac out there alongside ja. 

slim. 

2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

jjj gets intimidated by ja. no other reason that can explain it. it isn’t the pace or anything else. ja can play with anyone. jjj is going to have to keep maturing and find his place/get comfortable. there’s no reason why he can’t be the same jjj we saw in lac out there alongside ja. 

slim. 

I agree but what people don't realize is that being a robin(number 2 option) is not easy Jaren is the one that has to adjust to JA which is not easy.

25 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I agree but what people don't realize is that being a robin(number 2 option) is not easy Jaren is the one that has to adjust to JA which is not easy.

The correct comic book super hero pecking order is Superman/Batman/Robin.  

Shaq was Superman.  Kobe was Batman.  Does that make MJ Superman or Batman?  Either way, Rodman was Robin (or Kukoc).

LeBron/Wade were Superman/Batman aka options 1/1a.  Bosh was Robin. 

Kareem/Magic were 1/1a.  Comic book superstars.  Kurt Rambis was Robin Lite.  Or Worthy/Byron Scott filled that role.

Is Jaren Superman or Batman? Which is Ja?  Or, maybe Bane is Batman then Jaren is Robin aka option 3 BUT you need 1/1a ahead of that.  

I think we did great last night once Dillon went down.  Jaren was Superman, Bane was Batman, Tyus was Robin and Clarke was Spider Man (duh).  

4 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Don’t forget to assign the Green Lantern, Flash, and Martian Manhunter. We all know who Aquaman is. 

Adams can go Wolverine mode too. 

Is ZW8 the Riddler?

Dillon is a combo of Joker/Punisher/Penguin.

If we kept Jaren/Bane as Superman/Batman then Ja would be like an IDEAL Flash/Daredevil mash-up.

Then if Tyus isn’t Robin — more of an Alfred type??? Then what about Konchar as Robin (with some sneaky Captain America vibes).

Although last night’s Jaren was more of a blend of Incredible Hulk/Gumby.

15 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Just curious. Is this an Eleanor Roosevelt reference? ?

“The New Deal” would be a cool nickname for Jaren.

19 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Don’t you know you can’t mix Marvel with DC?

They ALSO said you can’t mix Grit ‘n Grind with Showtime but I was like ... ALT GRIND mf’ers!