Jump to content
memphis slim

all about ja

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I get it.

I remember all of the times we beat better media darling teams and the next day the headlines were slick shading us… titles like “the (big team here) lost or dropped one to the grizzlies” - not the grizzlies BEAT (that big team).

I know it shouldn’t really matter … but to me, it does.

As a Memphian, I always look for any positive news reporting on this city… always have.

There is so much wrong in this place - everyone hears this…

BUT - there is so much right and good going on here too. 
 

This is why we love this team. Ja is built like we are. Nobody gave him this - he goes to work with a collection of players whose names only we - Grizz fans really know…(for now anyway… soon their names will hold a little weight too).

these guys fight like they know we won’t be given anything. Not even the benefit of the doubt.
 

So what do Dillon’s guys do ?

Only go out there every game with whomever is available and remove all doubt.

Said all of that to say - I love seeing national media reporting on the Grizz.

You can definitely tell this team is getting so much more attention than the GnG teams did. I think some of it is we are playing the best basketball out there right now and are exciting to watch.  Back in the GnG era, there were lots of other good teams with the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Lebron, and so on.  Back then, we weren't a high flying team, we were a team that would hold our opponent under 90 points, and not score much more than that.  We are much younger now and social media has exploded from what it was then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

You can definitely tell this team is getting so much more attention than the GnG teams did. I think some of it is we are playing the best basketball out there right now and are exciting to watch.  Back in the GnG era, there were lots of other good teams with the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors, Lebron, and so on.  Back then, we weren't a high flying team, we were a team that would hold our opponent under 90 points, and not score much more than that.  We are much younger now and social media has exploded from what it was then.  

GNG always folded on the national stage. I used to cringe whenever they were on National TV against a good team because you knew they'd get blown out. 

It ain't that way anymore. Now I just get upset when the national press doesn't know who is on our team outside of Ja and maybe Jaren. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, chipc3 said:

GNG always folded on the national stage. I used to cringe whenever they were on National TV against a good team because you knew they'd get blown out. 

It ain't that way anymore. Now I just get upset when the national press doesn't know who is on our team outside of Ja and maybe Jaren. 

I miss those days. We would be on a roll and then as soon as we hit ESPN it was over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I truly think that Ja is the most spectacular player in the NBA in many years.  That doesn't make him the best, but I hope he soon will be.

Good shot he will be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the article

One of the underrated pleasures of NBA League Pass—the NBA’s subscription service that allows fans to stream out-of-market games—is the commercial breaks. When a local telecast cuts to commercial, more often than not League Pass subscribers are treated to the home team’s jumbotron feed, a feast of local color. There are kiss cams, dance contests, all manner of chintzy promotions. At Memphis Grizzlies games, these sequences are especially must-see TV. Befitting one of America’s greatest music cities, Grizzlies games have some of the best timeout music in the league, playlists that include Stax-era soul alongside more recent classics from Memphis trap legends like Yo Gotti and Three 6 Mafia. There are few more endearing sights than watching an arena full of people of all ages and walks of life gleefully singing and dancing to the (edited) strains of Al Kapone’s “Whoop that Trick.”
 

https://slate.com/culture/2022/01/ja-morant-memphis-grizzlies-megastar-wow.html?via=rss_flipboard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

From the article

One of the underrated pleasures of NBA League Pass—the NBA’s subscription service that allows fans to stream out-of-market games—is the commercial breaks. When a local telecast cuts to commercial, more often than not League Pass subscribers are treated to the home team’s jumbotron feed, a feast of local color. There are kiss cams, dance contests, all manner of chintzy promotions. At Memphis Grizzlies games, these sequences are especially must-see TV. Befitting one of America’s greatest music cities, Grizzlies games have some of the best timeout music in the league, playlists that include Stax-era soul alongside more recent classics from Memphis trap legends like Yo Gotti and Three 6 Mafia. There are few more endearing sights than watching an arena full of people of all ages and walks of life gleefully singing and dancing to the (edited) strains of Al Kapone’s “Whoop that Trick.”
 

https://slate.com/culture/2022/01/ja-morant-memphis-grizzlies-megastar-wow.html?via=rss_flipboard

 

I read that earlier, Toke! Gives an awesome shoutout to the city as well, which  made me happy for y'all (I'm from California originally and live in Chicago now, but have made the trip to Memphis to see a Grizz game and have a soft spot for Memphis now as a result of my Grizzlies fandom).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, smit-tay griz said:

I truly think that Ja is the most spectacular player in the NBA in many years.  That doesn't make him the best, but I hope he soon will be.

I think he wants to be the Highlight GOAT.  ... or at least be on Highlight Mount Rushmore.  Needs to improve that jumper package then he's got a shot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×