memphis slim

all about ja

first, it is amazing how few dedicated threads there are for our absolute best player.

second, ja needs to be played extremely rare these next two pre-season games. maybe 18 minutes and 0 the next.

slim.

12 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

first, it is amazing how few dedicated threads there are for our absolute best player.

second, ja needs to be played extremely rare these next two pre-season games. maybe 18 minutes and 0 the next.

slim.

True. In only 2 seasons, Ja's greatness has become so accepted that it is not recognized enough.

And Ja is the kind of great player that makes those around him better, unlike some stars like Russell Westbrook. Ja is a Magic or Larry Bird or even LeBron type. Ja is the straw that stirs the drink. 

I love the chemistry that Ja has built with the teammates and the culture that we have for this team.

Also respect that it seems like he's constantly working on his game and even in the short action we've seen in preseason, I've already seen a more savvy Ja that attacks from different angles, utilizes the left-hand and right-hand floater in the lane that we saw him use against the Jazz a lot, and also is increasingly open to taking mid-range/3 shots.

Future is bright - hopefully someone steps up to be a worthy sidekick.

8 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Ja is a Magic or Larry Bird or even LeBron type. Ja is the straw that stirs the drink. 

Ja and Luka have that rarefied upside.

Lots of what Ja does reminds me of Jordan.  Just electric, explosive, AND graceful.  "Air Magic" was my nickname for Ja on '19 board.

I guess there is a lot of Bad Boys Isiah Thomas to Ja's game too but I watched less of Zeke than MJ.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, memphis slim said:

slim.

I understand what you're saying but there's nothing much controversial about Ja. People accept him as the best player and potential superstar and they accept whatever flaws he has because they know his talent will overcome those flaws and he plays hard. I think people feel lucky that we have a player like him.

Most of the topics on this board will be to have debates- can JJJ stay healthy or improve his game, is Dillon any good (remember when that was a thing), what trades can we make, who will we pick in the draft, etc. Ja is just Ja and I think most people are happy with him.

43 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

Zion is apparently 300 pounds now. We got so lucky when we didn’t get the 1st pick

I think Zion passed 300 about 25 pounds ago. 

And we were incredibly lucky. No telling where we would be without moving up to #2. 

16 hours ago, My man Allen said:

Zion is apparently 300 pounds now. We got so lucky when we didn’t get the 1st pick

15 hours ago, The J Crew said:

And we were incredibly lucky. No telling where we would be without moving up to #2. 

Image result for ben stiller super fat

This is what I imagine you guys look like when criticizing Zion's weight. The dude is immensely talented (and yes I know I said immense)

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

I came to that realization within 5 minutes of the Grizzlies/Pelicans showdown to end Made For TV lottery.

Seems like the worst case scenario might be unfolding for Zion.  Although he WOULD be a perfect fourth guy to complement Ja/Jaren/Dillon.

Who will get playing time first, Brandon Clarke or Xavier Tillman? 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

family-guy-peter.gif

On 10/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, The J Crew said:

True. In only 2 seasons, Ja's greatness has become so accepted that it is not recognized enough.

And Ja is the kind of great player that makes those around him better, unlike some stars like Russell Westbrook. Ja is a Magic or Larry Bird or even LeBron type. Ja is the straw that stirs the drink. 

Bump. 

6 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

We done been gift-wrapped a mega-star in that there Ja Morant guy.

55479-Glittery-Blue-Gift.jpg

Yep. 

Think of it this way. If we had gone 9th in the lottery, and conveyed that pick to the Celtics, and had done all the very good drafting besides Ja, would we be that much better than the Cavs right now?

Ja makes everyone else better. And he's our closer. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. 

24 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. 

Think of it this way. If we had gone 9th in the lottery, and conveyed that pick to the Celtics, and had done all the very good drafting besides Ja, would we be that much better than the Cavs right now?

Ja makes everyone else better. And he's our closer. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. 

And we are still missing 17ppg game sitting on the bench with a cast on his hand.  Or wrist.  Or something.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Ja and Luka have that rarefied upside.

Lots of what Ja does reminds me of Jordan.  Just electric, explosive, AND graceful.  "Air Magic" was my nickname for Ja on '19 board.

I guess there is a lot of Bad Boys Isiah Thomas to Ja's game too but I watched less of Zeke than MJ.

#electric

#explosive

#graceful

Besides the unstoppable offense he even played defense last night. 

At least he was good this first game. Hope he really worked on it, making him a true student of the game willing to work on his weaknesses and adding to his ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

At least he was good this first game. Hope he really worked on it, making him a true student of the game willing to work on his weaknesses and adding to his ceiling. 

When Ja gets his jumper which I dont think is far off.....The league better watch out 

10 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

He's got that Jordan/Mamba mentality, he will improve some part of his game every off season, despite him coming into the league an average defender at best, he will leave the league a strong 2 way player