Jump to content
bhoyal

Impressed by Adams (sometimes)

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I think quotes sometimes don't accurately convey the question that was asked - from his response, it sounds like it was more along the lines of "What did you think about Steven Adams stepping in to have your back?" or something along those lines. In that sense, Ja's response would be more logical (i.e. he'd have Steven's back as well).

Agreed . Context matters.

see my post above for Ja’s response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

I thought Ja's reaction when asked about Adams picking Bradley up was weird.  Not I'm thankful he helped de-escalate the situation but "As he should" and "I would do the same for him".  Just seemed weird to me.  Who are you picking up Ja?  

that's what makes him an alpha. he probably really believes he could do the same thing. the kid is fearless.

 

slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2022 at 12:12 AM, fanboyslim said:

FJfQLMCXEAgaS88.jpg

Say what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

FJgS580XMAMGDRV.jpg

You may be trying to post a picture but all I am seeing is "FJgS580XMAMGDRV?format=jpg&name=medium"

That's not a pretty picture! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You may be trying to post a picture but all I am seeing is "FJgS580XMAMGDRV?format=jpg&name=medium"

That's not a pretty picture! ?

Weird, I can see the picture alright. I guess the forums didn’t like the format so I linked another version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Weird, I can see the picture alright. I guess the forums didn’t like the format so I linked another version.

Must be my computer's issue. What are you trying to post? Can you link to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Must be my computer's issue. What are you trying to post? Can you link to it? 

I can’t, the link is substituted by the image (which I do see), and the “post as a link” option doesn’t work.

EDIT: Wait, I found them in Twitter

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I am not seeing those twitter copied pictures. I follow Fletch, he's a close friend, and I know what pictures you are talking about now. 

Something like this...

Image result for Stephen Adams carrying Tony Bradley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

For some reason I am not seeing those twitter copied pictures. I follow Fletch, he's a close friend, and I know what pictures you are talking about now. 

Something like this...

Image result for Stephen Adams carrying Tony Bradley

FYI if it matters, I'm seeing Slim's pics/Fletch's tweet pics fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

FYI if it matters, I'm seeing Slim's pics/Fletch's tweet pics fine. 

 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Must be my computer's issue. What are you trying to post? Can you link to it? 

I already mentioned that. 

Does anyone know what settings I need to change so I can see them as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

 

I already mentioned that. 

Does anyone know what settings I need to change so I can see them as well? 

My computer advice ends with rebooting your laptop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The J Crew said:

My computer advice ends with rebooting your laptop. 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

For some reason I am not seeing those twitter copied pictures. I follow Fletch, he's a close friend, and I know what pictures you are talking about now. 

Something like this...

Image result for Stephen Adams carrying Tony Bradley

I’m going through the others as we speak ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzly Adams with 10 O boards - Grizz set franchise record for 2nd chance points in a game with 36

Coincidence?

Grizzly Adams no.1 in NBA in O boards - Grizz no.1 in NBA for 2nd chance points

Coincidence?

So who saying we should dump him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Grizzly Adams with 10 O boards - Grizz set franchise record for 2nd chance points in a game with 36

Coincidence?

Grizzly Adams no.1 in NBA in O boards - Grizz no.1 in NBA for 2nd chance points

Coincidence?

So who saying we should dump him?

He's playing like a 7 foot Draymond Green.  Playing very good smart, tough basketball.

I had him as the "Honorable Mention" tonight -- behind Team Hero Ja Morant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Grizzly Adams with 10 O boards - Grizz set franchise record for 2nd chance points in a game with 36

Coincidence?

Grizzly Adams no.1 in NBA in O boards - Grizz no.1 in NBA for 2nd chance points

Coincidence?

So who saying we should dump him?

He’s a grizzlies instant classic player for me. People like him who actively enjoy being the guy that does the dirty work. I’m sure they’ll come up with more advanced stats for this type of play. People were not incorrect when saying the passing and extra shots for our young stars was a net positive over JV. Speaking of that I’d love to hear I♥️JV’s take on all this. Temporary unban, other mods..?

 

Btw is time you took the (sometimes) off @bhoyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

He’s a grizzlies instant classic player for me. People like him who actively enjoy being the guy that does the dirty work. I’m sure they’ll come up with more advanced stats for this type of play. People were not incorrect when saying the passing and extra shots for our young stars was a net positive over JV. Speaking of that I’d love to hear I♥️JV’s take on all this. Temporary unban, other mods..?

 

Btw is time you took the (sometimes) off @bhoyal

hear, hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Grizzly Adams with 10 O boards - Grizz set franchise record for 2nd chance points in a game with 36

Coincidence?

Grizzly Adams no.1 in NBA in O boards - Grizz no.1 in NBA for 2nd chance points

Coincidence?

So who saying we should dump him?

So many times folks say the NBA is also a business.

Well, beyond job performance, Adams brings high dollar entertainment value and that's good for business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably belongs here because (cue TV announcer) 

When you think offensive rebounds, you think, Steven Adams.

We should listen to our competition. Beginning at about 6.40.

"How do you steal possessions?"

...

"Memphis is grabbing an extra 3 or 4 plays a night off an offensive rebound. Which is another 2 or 3 points. This is how you win. You add up little tiny point fragments along the way ..."

...

"When Memphis gets over %20 of their possessions in transition, they generally win."

...

"And that will be their challenge in the playoffs, is whether or not they can still run at that level."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tangogriz said:

So many times folks say the NBA is also a business.

Well, beyond job performance, Adams brings high dollar entertainment value and that's good for business.

You wouldn’t believe how much ticket prices have risen this season… it is a business indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was curious and wanted to compare JJJ's shot blocking vs Bill Russell at the same age and Adams this vs BR on offensive boards.

Well, they didn't track blocked shots back in the day and only total rebounds were recorded.  But Russell's rebounding numbers were shocking.  He averaged almost 30 boards per game in the playoffs one year.  22.5/game average career regular season.

So I looked at a younger prolific big, Hakeem Olajuwon.  His best regular season on the offensive glass was 5.4 but he was a monster for his era on the defensive boards thus averaged double digits in total boards for 13 straight years.  He averaged a 22/11 dbl-dbl career. His best year of shot blocking was 4.6/game and was 3.2 career.  

JJJ, Myles Turner are the leaders in the clubhouse this season for blocking shots with Gobert, Robert Williams, and Mo Bamba still in contention.  Adams closest competition this year on offensive boards = Poeltl, Capella, Robert Willams, Gobert.  Valencunius is in the top ten surprisingly ahead of Towns and Jokic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×