bhoyal

Impressed by Adams (sometimes)

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

GTF just said he is on the "as is train" and that Anderson should be traded since he isn't a "have to have" type of player. You think he's going to flip-flop again just because of a trade kicker? ?

Saying someone is tradeable isn't the same as saying they need to be traded.  Obviously, I was just answering your question.  Right now IMHO everyone aside from Ja Jaren and Bane are tradeable in right deal.  I think we should stand pat. 

If someone wants to give us "something valuable" for Culver +pick then i would consider that.  I think fringe moves are the most we should do. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I don't know if making all the changes needed to make this trade work, and be acceptable to Indy, would accomplish what you want. Team chemistry is a fickle beast. Look how long it took for the Grizzlies defense to gel and that was after pre-season games and training camp. An in season change is extremely risky and may actually hurt rather than help the team this season. 

Now if you are thinking about next season then we can re-address this idea in the summer. Right now, I'm out. 

I see your points. They are clearly far from unreasonable. 

It was cool how Pete and them acknowledged that Curry wanted to be called "Steff--ahhn" not "steff."  So the rest of the game they called him "steff" anyway.  #disrespect  #hilarious 

22 hours ago, bhoyal said:

It was cool how Pete and them acknowledged that Curry wanted to be called "Steff--ahhn" not "steff."  So the rest of the game they called him "steff" anyway.  #disrespect  #hilarious 

I don't believe it was intentional, but it was funny just the same. 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I don't believe it was intentional, but it was funny just the same. 

Brevin specifically said that since they are the announcers they can call him whatever they want ?

for anyone who watched the national broadcast, did they really blame the altercation on ja? nothing said about the intentional trip and locked on grab afterwards?

slim. 

19 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

for anyone who watched the national broadcast, did they really blame the altercation on ja? nothing said about the intentional trip and locked on grab afterwards?

slim. 

They did mention the knee to the groin.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:37 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:If someone wants to give us "something valuable" for Culver +pick then i would consider that.  I think fringe moves are the most we should do. 

OK is in rebuild mode.  They love 1sts.  But they also have 30/34.  So maybe we can move Culver/Aldama/late firsts for even Kenrich Williams/Mike Muscala/Darius Bazley/30/34 and maybe we send them a future 2nd.  OKC also has Derrick Favors and Lu Dort.  Getting those 2... maybe it just costs Culver/cash/Aldama/Grizz pick/Jazz pick/future second for Dort/Favors/34.

28 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

OK is in rebuild mode.  They love 1sts.  But they also have 30/34.  So maybe we can move Culver/Aldama/late firsts for even Kenrich Williams/Mike Muscala/Darius Bazley/30/34 and maybe we send them a future 2nd.  OKC also has Derrick Favors and Lu Dort.  Getting those 2... maybe it just costs Culver/cash/Aldama/Grizz pick/Jazz pick/future second for Dort/Favors/34.

Are you seriously looking to change the Adams thread into trade talk??? 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Are you seriously looking to change the Adams thread into trade talk??? 

What was the quote that I answered?  Did it disappear?  

Oh well.

2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

Idiot Van Gundy was trying to say that Tony Bradley's foul on Ja was unintentional and just a result of him not being able to move his feet fast enough.  Did not think he deserved a flagrant or tech.  Completely blind to the fact he intentionally kicked his foot out to try and stop/trip Ja, and didn't say anything about Bradley grabbing and not letting Ja go.  

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

The narrative seems to be that it was "inadvertent".  I call 100% BS.  The guy stuck his leg/foot out there to keep Ja from blowing past him.  Nothing inadvertent about it.  That was a ***** move and Ja had every right to be ******.

11 minutes ago, Gradey said:

The narrative seems to be that it was "inadvertent".  I call 100% BS.  The guy stuck his leg/foot out there to keep Ja from blowing past him.  Nothing inadvertent about it.  That was a ***** move and Ja had every right to be ******.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he had no ill intentions, and was more of a more reflexive move, but it was unnecessary and deserves a flagrant.  His leg wasn't just there in a normal defensive posture, it was stuck out in an effort to stop Ja.  

10 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he had no ill intentions, and was more of a more reflexive move, but it was unnecessary and deserves a flagrant.  His leg wasn't just there in a normal defensive posture, it was stuck out in an effort to stop Ja.  

Trip Ja is more like it. And Ja didn't grab him after the trip attempt. Bradley grabbed him to stop him from falling and then didn't let go. Tony Bradley initiated and enflamed the situation. However, Ja deserved the T for pushing the ball at him. That was also unnecessary and enflaming the situation. 

Steven Adams deserves a citizenship award for de-escalating the situation in a classic manner.  

I watch game after game where defenders grab poke push and prod Ja knowing that they cant stop him cleanly and they resort to pat bev levels of ugh and he has has enough of it.

That was a clear kick … had it been Grayson Allen … right? 

If the referees won’t protect him on the court - i dont see how anyone is surprised when he stands up for himself.

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Trip Ja is more like it. And Ja didn't grab him after the trip attempt. Bradley grabbed him to stop him from falling and then didn't let go. Tony Bradley initiated and enflamed the situation. However, Ja deserved the T for pushing the ball at him. That was also unnecessary and enflaming the situation. 

Steven Adams deserves a citizenship award for de-escalating the situation in a classic manner.  

Yes, I agree.  His initial grab was fine, to try and keep him from falling, but there was no need to continue to hold him, even after Ja tried to pull away.  I think the refs made the exactly right call. 

20 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Adams is a brutal panda

Funny thing is - he never gets mad… either that or he is crazy good at hiding it.

He always helps opponents up shakes hands etc…

Even in this the latest ‘incident’ - he politely lifts a grown man off the court, carried him a fair distance away from Ja and lightly deposited him back on the floor.

?

15 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Funny thing is - he never gets mad… either that or he is crazy good at hiding it.

He always helps opponents up shakes hands etc…

Even in this the latest ‘incident’ - he politely lifts a grown man off the court, carried him a fair distance away from Ja and lightly deposited him back on the floor.

?

He's made some memorable moments this year.  There was the Bradley carry and the suggesting a tech to the ref, then the fist pump when it was given.  

I thought Ja's reaction when asked about Adams picking Bradley up was weird.  Not I'm thankful he helped de-escalate the situation but "As he should" and "I would do the same for him".  Just seemed weird to me.  Who are you picking up Ja?  

1 hour ago, kevofrommempho said:

I thought Ja's reaction when asked about Adams picking Bradley up was weird.  Not I'm thankful he helped de-escalate the situation but "As he should" and "I would do the same for him".  Just seemed weird to me.  Who are you picking up Ja?  

I think quotes sometimes don't accurately convey the question that was asked - from his response, it sounds like it was more along the lines of "What did you think about Steven Adams stepping in to have your back?" or something along those lines. In that sense, Ja's response would be more logical (i.e. he'd have Steven's back as well).