bhoyal

Impressed by Adams (sometimes)

28 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Zach Lowe dispensing some truth.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/33008369/lowe-10-things-burgeoning-lakers-tandem-saddest-toronto-raptor-surprising-revival-cleveland

Note the snide comment about “commentators” who considered the trade was a downgrade.

Yeah Adams is very underrated, even by Grizzlies fans, because what he does out there is ugly and isn't going to show up on Sportscenter top 10 plays.  We are winning because we win the turnover battle and we win the rebounding battle.  Adams wins the rebounding battle for us almost single handedly.

Yea Adams impact overall impact has been upticking past Jaren's in last few weeks.   His offensive rebounding and elbow passing has become integral to our success on offense.    I know this sounds crazy but Ja + Bane + Adams really look  Spida + Conley + Gobert'ish.    

I like what Adams is doing so much that im cool with Jaren staying primarily a 4 the rest of the year.   Plus Adams years with Russ are paying off with how he compliments Ja.    

When you take a sec and look at our starting lineup - we are an extremely physical team to be so young.

• Ja (paint menace)
  • Bane (SG in Fullback body
  • Dillon (crazy physical SF that knows how to use his size)
  • Jaren (freakishly long for a PF and getting stronger)
  • Adams (either strongest dude in league or Top 2).
  • Bonus points because all of these dudes are really athletic to be so Big. 

Its no wonder why we are excelling so much to be so young.    

To be fair though, early in the season Adams didnt look comfortable in what was going on and was not making the kind of impact he is now.  Indeed its not flashy and the casual may dismiss it but he is in beast mode since the first handful of games this year.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:11 PM, russian grizzly said:

Agreed, I have always been a believer. 

I wonder whether anyone left who still claims JV > Adams... 

Technically not here anymore, but there would be one person who does.

He's probably telling a new group of forum members that Zion is costing the Pelicans a chance at a championship and should be traded 😂

He is a great fit. I could see FO extending him for 2 more season for less money than he gets. 20 mil would be great.

15 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

He's probably telling a new group of forum members that Zion is costing the Pelicans a chance at a championship and should be traded 😂

Lmao that freaking guy

18 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

😊

On 1/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, russian grizzly said:

Agreed, I have always been a believer. 

I wonder whether anyone left who still claims JV > Adams... 

I don't want to disparage JV, but I think it really depends on the team and the fit.

I think last year with Jaren out or this year on Pelican, I would want JV.

With plenty of scorers around who need touches, and the shiftiest PG in the NBA, I want Adams.

I'm trying to think what a team like the Celtics would need because I don't think its that clear cut.  It's about fit.

9 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't want to disparage JV, but I think it really depends on the team and the fit.

I think last year with Jaren out or this year on Pelican, I would want JV.

With plenty of scorers around who need touches, and the shiftiest PG in the NBA, I want Adams.

I'm trying to think what a team like the Celtics would need because I don't think its that clear cut.  It's about fit.

The fact that Adams doesn't need touches  is so important 

37 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

The fact that Adams doesn't need touches  is so important 

Plus his experience being a complimentary player to Westbrook.   FO had to have taken that into consideration too. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Plus his experience being a complimentary player to Westbrook.   FO had to have taken that into consideration too. 

This front office is some bad mfers! They're playing chess while everybody else playing checkers. It's weird that moat fans went from hating the front office to ❤ them

6 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

This front office is some bad mfers! They're playing chess while everybody else playing checkers. It's weird that moat fans went from hating the front office to ❤ them

Some of the hate came from trading 3 players who contributed for other teams in the playoffs for a guy that now plays spot minutes for the Clippers (only getting time due to injury) and 2 guys they bought out for about $40 mm.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Some of the hate came from trading 3 players who contributed for other teams in the playoffs for a guy that now plays spot minutes for the Clippers (only getting time due to injury) and 2 guys they bought out for about $40 mm.

Even still, Winslow was worth the gamble. It clearly didn't work, but we weren't going to re-sign Crowder (who was awful for us anyway), Hill isn't very good, his spot has far more use on a guy like Konchar. Iggy wasn't going to play for us anyway. 

That cap space we wasted had no effect on us in the long run, and we weren't going to use it to sign anyone, plus Johnson got flipped into Gorgui who had a decent little stint for us. 

Yes, clearly didn't work out, but no harm no foul and worth the gamble. 

41 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Even still, Winslow was worth the gamble. It clearly didn't work, but we weren't going to re-sign Crowder (who was awful for us anyway), Hill isn't very good, his spot has far more use on a guy like Konchar. Iggy wasn't going to play for us anyway. 

That cap space we wasted had no effect on us in the long run, and we weren't going to us it to sign anyone, plus Johnson got flipped into Gorgui who had a decent little stint for us. 

Yes, clearly didn't work out, but no harm no foul and worth the gamble. 

This. Iggy didn’t even want to come to Memphis either. It would have been better to hang onto Crowder in hindsight, but it matters not because he wasn’t leading us to the Western Conference Finals, so no hurting the big picture. FO wanted to see if Winslow would be a fit, he wasn’t, Next Man Up. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:28 PM, King Dork said:

I’m ready to offer everything except Kelsee Wright Johnson. Get it done!

It’s official after that demolition I’m ready to offer the Lakers Kelsee Wright Johnson for Allie Clifton and a 2nd round pick. 

12 minutes ago, King Dork said:

It’s official after that demolition I’m ready to offer the Lakers Kelsee Wright Johnson for Allie Clifton and a 2nd round pick. 

There is a special spot in hell for folks like you and me who quote our own posts. 😀

And Imahafta call a foul here. It's "Kelcey," and we are a lucky lot.

43 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

There is a special spot in hell for folks like you and me who quote our own posts. 😀

And Imahafta call a foul here. It's "Kelcey," and we are a lucky lot.

🤣🤣🤣

We must seriously consider trading for Turner. He would likely make our defence absolutely dominant. If now we are say in 130 - 90 off/def rating, he would make us 130 - 70. 

As much as I love Adams, Turner is just another level in terms of defence and space creation. 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:42 PM, Ja_Rules said:

He is a great fit. I could see FO extending him for 2 more season for less money than he gets. 20 mil would be great.

This I kind of hope they do keep him on board

7 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

We must seriously consider trading for Turner. He would likely make our defence absolutely dominant. If now we are say in 130 - 90 off/def rating, he would make us 130 - 70. 

As much as I love Adams, Turner is just another level in terms of defence and space creation. 

Yea and a lower level in terms of rebounding we don’t need Turner

31 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea and a lower level in terms of rebounding we don’t need Turner

Are you genuinely afraid that the JJJ - Turner frontcourt might to be painfully out-rebounded? I thought Turner, like JJJ, is forced to play far from the rim. 

43 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Memphis is top 10 in the league in offensive and defensive efficiency since Dec 1. Why would they want to mess up that?