Ole Dirty Klondike

How Can This Team Get Better and Who is Good Enough to Trade For?

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Fine, but reality is Kyle doesn't have much trade value.

This board is always trying to package Kyle and Tyus and the Utah pick, or something like that, for a starting wing. Just ain't happening. 

Rumors were around Boston at that time was Kyle for Marcus Smart.      He is a fiery competitor like Dillon and provided defensive tenacity that we sorely lack.    In Hindsight i could see him being good for this team.     But we could have gotten a solid player for Kyle - may not have been a starting wing but could have been solid. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Last season you discussed the Grizzlies not trading JV and trading Kyle instead???

Yep we had discussions around  Kyle JV Tyus and Grayson because they were all up for extensions at the same time.  We all knew they werent going to keep all four so discussions were based on who would they keep. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep we had discussions around  Kyle JV Tyus and Grayson because they were all up for extensions at the same time.  We all knew they werent going to keep all four so discussions were based on who would they keep. 

Experts

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rumors were around Boston at that time was Kyle for Marcus Smart.      He is a fiery competitor like Dillon and provided defensive tenacity that we sorely lack.    In Hindsight i could see him being good for this team.     But we could have gotten a solid player for Kyle - may not have been a starting wing but could have been solid. 

Come on. Boston wasn't trading Marcus Smart for Kyle. Crazy talk. 

We got the bad Adams and Bledsoe contracts and pick swaps to get Z and Aldama for Jonas. We got Sam Merrill and a 2nd rounder for Grayson. We made the worst trade of the '19'-20 season to give up 3 vets and take on $40M of extra '20-'21 contract to get 26 games of terrible play over 1.5 seasons from Justise.  I see no evidence this front office could have turned Kyle into anything solid. 

23 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Is it consensus now that Kyle isn't playing well and his value has plummeted? Guess I missed that.

His per 36 numbers are basically the same as last year.  Take out the first few games of the season, and they would be even better.

8 points, 5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and a steal pg off the bench is very solid. Now shooting 40% from 3. His usual good defense. We've got problems on this team, but don't really think Kyle is one of them.

He has the worst plus  minus rating on the team @ -7.2

He has the 2nd worst D rating on the team after Tillman @ 116.8

He has the 3rd worst net offensive - defensive rating after Tillman and Pons @ -15.0

On court the team is -7.2, off the court the team is +2.1

Yeah he's been pretty bad.

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

We got the bad Adams and Bledsoe contracts and pick swaps to get Z and Aldama for Jonas. We got Sam Merrill and a 2nd rounder for Grayson. We made the worst trade of the '19'-20 season to give up 3 vets and take on $40M of extra '20-'21 contract to get 26 games of terrible play over 1.5 seasons from Justise.  I see no evidence this front office could have turned Kyle into anything solid. 

Just cause you don't see it doesn't make it true.  We have no idea just like we have no idea if he is part of the long term plans or not.   Its all speculation- which is pretty much 98% of NBA talk even from So Called Experts.  

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bingo!

And I was saying that before the trade deadline about Kyle, that his salary kicker trade clause of 15% only added about 1.5mil to his salary in the trade machine.

And I disagree he didn't have value, he had a lot of value because he was cheap for the way he was playing at the time, plus his expereince.

Funny how people saying at the time, "no, no, no, we can't trade SloMo, he's a valuable player, he's one of the Grizzlies best; and now are saying "he got no trade value." Hilarious stuff

The classic sentiment of people not following the buy low sell high rules of investment. When the investment is going well - no can't sell that, its bringing returns; and when it isn't - got get rid of this, its losing money....

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

Bingo!

And I was saying that before the trade deadline about Kyle, that his salary kicker trade clause of 15% only added about 1.5mil to his salary in the trade machine.

And I disagree he didn't have value, he had a lot of value because he was cheap for the way he was playing at the time, plus his expereince.

Funny how people saying at the time, "no, no, no, we can't trade SloMo, he's a valuable player, he's one of the Grizzlies best; and now are saying "he got no trade value." Hilarious stuff

The classic sentiment of people not following the buy low sell high rules of investment. When the investment is going well - no can't sell that, its bringing returns; and when it isn't - got get rid of this, its losing money....

Too bad the Front Office doesn't fire their talent advisors and hire you instead. 

8 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

It was all over the rumour mill that Boston wanted Kyle and Grayson. Thier chief media fan wanted them. The rumour was they'd put up Smart. Obviously the FO didn't want Smart because the trade would have gone down. 

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

It was all over the rumour mill that Boston wanted Kyle and Grayson. Thier chief media fan wanted them. The rumour was they'd put up Smart. Obviously the FO didn't want Smart because the trade would have gone down. 

What exactly is a "chief media fan?"

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Too bad the Front Office doesn't fire their talent advisors and hire you instead. 

I'd rather be getting gigs on Beale - Blues City Cafe or Handy's would be a good start.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dont worry about that @BigHunkALove when Kleinman answer's my DM's i''ll make sure to hire you on the team! 

Thanks bro!

Just now, chipc3 said:

What exactly is a "chief media fan?"

what's the dude's name, I can't remember right now - Bill something??

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bill Simmons. 

Bill Simmons has nothing to do with the Celtics other than being a passionate fan. He has nothing to do with the Celtics front office. 

11 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He has the worst plus  minus rating on the team @ -7.2

He has the 2nd worst D rating on the team after Tillman @ 116.8

He has the 3rd worst net offensive - defensive rating after Tillman and Pons @ -15.0

On court the team is -7.2, off the court the team is +2.1

Yeah he's been pretty bad.

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but Big Al really does think Kyle has been bad! This is an amazing place sometimes.

Since Tillman has the best DRtg of the regular players at 109, not the worst as you say, I'll save myself the time and assume the rest of your stats have similar accuracy, lol.  https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2022.html

Notice how I back up my stats? 

Celtics eyeing Kyle Anderson?

i_cc_c6_b2_kyle-anderson.png?w=190

The Celtics have had their eye on Anderson for quite some time according to league sources. With Memphis having plenty of younger talent on the wing, they may opt to simply add some more assets for the 27-year-old wing entering a contract year. Anderson’s improvement as a 3-point shooter last season, along with his passing, would provide the skillset that makes him a nice fit for Boston.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bill Simmons. 

yep that's him - he REALLY wanted either or both

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Just cause you don't see it doesn't make it true.  We have no idea just like we have no idea if he is part of the long term plans or not.   Its all speculation- which is pretty much 98% of NBA talk even from So Called Experts.  

Still floating the mythical Kyle and Tyus trade that we have seen about a thousand times on this board.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

yep that's him - he REALLY wanted either or both

He has nothing to do with the Celtics. That's like saying the Grizzlies wanted to trade for a player because GTF was pounding the table to do the deal. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

I was being somewhat sarcastic, but Big Al really does think Kyle has been bad! This is an amazing place sometimes.

Since Tillman has the best DRtg of the regular players at 109, not the worst as you say, I'll save myself the time and assume the rest of your stats have similar accuracy, lol.  https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2022.html

Notice how I back up my stats? 

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612763/players-advanced/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=1

Tillman is 119.5

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

Celtics eyeing Kyle Anderson?

i_cc_c6_b2_kyle-anderson.png?w=190

The Celtics have had their eye on Anderson for quite some time according to league sources. With Memphis having plenty of younger talent on the wing, they may opt to simply add some more assets for the 27-year-old wing entering a contract year. Anderson’s improvement as a 3-point shooter last season, along with his passing, would provide the skillset that makes him a nice fit for Boston.

Lol. In the article YOU provided: "One tool at Boston’s disposal on that front is the leftover chunk of the Gordon Hayward trade exception remaining ($11 million) that remains . . ."

They were speculating about getting Kyle for a trade exception, so a Memphis salary dump, not using Marcus Smart. 

Herrington was saying it too last week, but hey he knows nothing, we know nothing, Kyle has been great this season - extend him with a max contract!

Just now, The J Crew said:

Lol. In the article YOU provided: "One tool at Boston’s disposal on that front is the leftover chunk of the Gordon Hayward trade exception remaining ($11 million) that remains . . ."

They were speculating about getting Kyle for a trade exception, so a Memphis salary dump, not using Marcus Smart. 

The links and articles have been posted before in that thread "Trade Deadline and Beyond"