Ole Dirty Klondike

How Can This Team Get Better and Who is Good Enough to Trade For?

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Ok, I've got the solution:

Go get Norman Powell from the Blazers.Good defense, Good 3 point shooter, 18 mil/year. Start him at 2, dillon 3, kyle or BC, Jaren.

Bench becomes tyus, Melton, Bane, kyle/BC, adams.

They're not going to do that with ZW on the team essentially. That would certainly make us better, but not going to happen. 

The problem is we can see rotations that work but Jenkins doesn't do that. He drips in subs such that the lineup is ever shifting.

I think we'd do better platooning almost when we have guys that play better with each other.

BC and Jaren together, adams and kyle together, etc etc

I think they platoon the frontcourt and they can mix and match the guards and wings. Jaren and Brandon played great yesterday (granted it was Houston). Kyle and adams make sense because kyle can knock down the 3. I still want to see Jaren and Kyle together as well. I don't want to see anymore Kyle and Brandon frontcourt pairings. That one doesn't really work. 

Beverly seems to be doing quite well by what you're quoting, top 70 player

He also wouldn't have the chance to play 26+ minutes here most likely. He's still a pretty good player, but I have no problem with Tyus as our backup. 

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Ok, I've got the solution:

Go get Norman Powell from the Blazers.Good defense, Good 3 point shooter, 18 mil/year. Start him at 2, dillon 3, kyle or BC, Jaren.

Bench becomes tyus, Melton, Bane, kyle/BC, adams.

I don't think the Blazers are trading anyone like Powell, they are in retain Dame mode now. 

And Powell just signed a 5 year deal. But, even if the Blazers were willing, Powell can't be traded until January 15th I think, because he was an UFA this summer. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea but he isn't much of a leader. 

The Grizzlies don't need a leader as their backup PG. They would love to have someone performing in the top 70 in the league in that position I am sure. 

Also we might feel bad where we are, imagine being a Blazers fan. They're behind us in the standings currently, and they've been relatively healthy this year. Like Powell missed 2 games, Lillard missed 1 game. At some point they have to blow it up. Even if they make the playoffs, does a first round exit really appeal to them?

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Also we might feel bad where we are, imagine being a Blazers fan. They're behind us in the standings currently, and they've been relatively healthy this year. Like Powell missed 2 games, Lillard missed 1 game. At some point they have to blow it up. Even if they make the playoffs, does a first round exit really appeal to them?

With RDK 100% on this issue. I mean Portland needs to rebuild. Send dame to a team that has a chance 

Perfect under the radar young big Bol Bol Denver doesn’t normally trade their young players but Bol doesn’t really get much run I wonder if he would be available if they called about him.

8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Understatement of the month

What makes him not a leader? He seems like the type to give his all for his teammates and always have their backs

I hope we pull something at the deadline. 

Tonight's game vs the clips should be decent 

44 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

I don’t see how this makes him a bad teammate and not a leader? 

I guess we have very different concepts of what leadership means

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

I guess we have very different concepts of what leadership means

I’m confused. He defended a teammate. Got frustrated over being eliminated from the playoffs. And respectfully address an out of line fan?

4 hours ago, My man Allen said:

I’m confused. He defended a teammate. Got frustrated over being eliminated from the playoffs. And respectfully address an out of line fan?

I'm with you - even the news out of Minnesota is how good his leadership has been, so I don't really see where this "he wouldn't be a good leader for us!" narrative came from.

https://www.startribune.com/timberwolves-patrick-beverley-anthony-edwards-josh-okogie/600116708/

"Beverley has quickly become one of the most influential voices on the team, with players and coach Chris Finch praising his leadership any chance they get. Saturday night his leadership tactic was to be positive when it otherwise would have been easy to be upset in the face of a seventh loss in eight games. He compared that attitude to being in a relationship in which you can't always argue with your significant other when problems arise."

https://www.ballysports.com/north/news/minnesota-timberwolves-patrick-beverley-chris-finch-attitude-leadership

“I can’t speak enough about Pat. His presence, in the locker room, bench, whatever it may be,” said Karl-Anthony Towns after the Timberwolves’ recent win over the Los Angeles Lakers. “He brings a great attitude every day and brings a great mental (attitude) to our group as well. He’s a very big part of our team. The stat sheet might not always say Pat had big numbers or huge impact, but the stat sheet can’t tell you how much Pat means to our team.

"He brings energy, I guess you wouldn’t say swagger, but I call it the Pat effect. He brings himself to the game every day, he’s locked-in, he’s there. He’s huge for our team.”

Yeah I think Pat Bev would have been great for us, oh well. I think we need another tough wing that can play D. I know a Marcus Smart/Slo Mo swap has been discussed but I don’t like the contract extension Smart signed… Would absolutely love to see us get Lu Dort from OKC but I don’t see any scenario where they would trade him for anything we have? Still I’d offer all 3 of our picks this year for him. 

SloMo's stock value is plummeting because of his bad play so far this season. He should have been moved in the offseason.

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

SloMo's stock value is plummeting because of his bad play so far this season. He should have been moved in the offseason.

I agree

13 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Image result for captain hindsight gif

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for captain hindsight gif

Not hindsight I was saying it the whole time after the season ended. But I got hammered for it.

Would have rather kept JV and moved SloMo.

Buy low sell high - seems really simple and easy but you'd be surprised how many people can't or don't follow this basic principle

19 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Not hindsight I was saying it the whole time after the season ended. But I got hammered for it.

Buy low sell high - seems really simple and easy but you'd be surprised how many people can't or don't follow this basic principle

Is it consensus now that Kyle isn't playing well and his value has plummeted? Guess I missed that.

His per 36 numbers are basically the same as last year.  Take out the first few games of the season, and they would be even better.

8 points, 5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and a steal pg off the bench is very solid. Now shooting 40% from 3. His usual good defense. We've got problems on this team, but don't really think Kyle is one of them.

31 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I really don't believe the Grizzlies are concerned about having to meet Kyle's demands this summer in free agency. I sincerely doubt New Orleans would have traded with Memphis for Kyle Anderson. 

And just a suggestion but before stating that you "knew" something it would make sense to quote yourself saying it.

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I really don't believe the Grizzlies are concerned about having to meet Kyle's demands this summer in free agency. I sincerely doubt New Orleans would have traded with Memphis for Kyle Anderson. 

And just a suggestion but before stating that you "knew" something it would make sense to quote yourself saying it.

@BigHunkALove was saying that all last season.   He and I discussed it alot. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Fine, but reality is Kyle doesn't have much trade value.

This board is always trying to package Kyle and Tyus and the Utah pick, or something like that, for a starting wing. Just ain't happening. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Last season you discussed the Grizzlies not trading JV and trading Kyle instead???