Jump to content
Ole Dirty Klondike

How Can This Team Get Better and Who is Good Enough to Trade For?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Maybe Coby White?  I could see them trying to get Clarke or Rui Hachumira with him since Patrick Williams got hurt.  I know Coby isnt a Grizz type of pickup but sometimes you gotta break the mold like when the Jazz went out and got Clarkson who was a little different from their type of player.

Coby White is 2-3 weeks away from returning from injury and with Chicago cruising early in the season I doubt they want to disrupt their chemistry right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Coby White is 2-3 weeks away from returning from injury and with Chicago cruising early in the season I doubt they want to disrupt their chemistry right now. 

Maybe but they are eventually gonna have to address their hole at PF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Maybe but they are eventually gonna have to address their hole at PF.

The hole at PF on a team that is 6-2? I wish the Grizzlies had holes that glaring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The hole at PF on a team that is 6-2? I wish the Grizzlies had holes that glaring. 

Dillon Brooks should be able to plug some of our holes.

I think the Bulls (6-2) are for real but so are we (5-3).  
 

Wonder if the Cavs (5-4) and their triple threat 7 footer starting lineup is for real. If so... is Jaren a potential minute-getter at small forward?  
 

I think teams will continue to “upsize”.  We probably need a legit (7 foot) backup center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The hole at PF on a team that is 6-2? I wish the Grizzlies had holes that glaring. 

Do you understand that their starting PF recently got hurt and is out for the season? And they didnt really have a backup PF to begin with despite their start? Also their first 3 wins were against creampuffs so I dont think they should exactly be in cruise control as if the whole season is gonna be that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The hole at PF on a team that is 6-2? I wish the Grizzlies had holes that glaring. 

Considering Grizz are one win behind and have had the hardest strength of schedule, seems like you won’t have to wish too hard for those similar glaring holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Do you understand that their starting PF recently got hurt and is out for the season? And they didnt really have a backup PF to begin with despite their start? Also their first 3 wins were against creampuffs so I dont think they should exactly be in cruise control as if the whole season is gonna be that way.

Yep, I think Dwash is right on this one. 

Bulls are 6-2, but they started 4-0, and Patrick Williams got hurt in game 5. Bulls are now starting basically a combo guard, Javonte Green, in Patrick Williams place. Which forces DeMar DeRozan to guard lots of 4s. They were already small at center with Vucevic.

Bulls are all in this year to get LaVine to re-sign next summer. Have added Lonzo and DeMar and Vuc and even gave Alex Caruso a 4 year deal to lure him from the Lakers. I think they will add a 4 at some point before the trade deadline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep, I think Dwash is right on this one. 

Bulls are 6-2, but they started 4-0, and Patrick Williams got hurt in game 5. Bulls are now starting basically a combo guard, Javonte Green, in Patrick Williams place. Which forces DeMar DeRozan to guard lots of 4s. They were already small at center with Vucevic.

Bulls are all in this year to get LaVine to re-sign next summer. Have added Lonzo and DeMar and Vuc and even gave Alex Caruso a 4 year deal to lure him from the Lakers. I think they will add a 4 at some point before the trade deadline. 

Green is a undersized combo forward. I would only trade for Coby White if that means we would move Tyus on a separate deal to get a combo forward of our own.

If Portland trade for Ben Simmons and start their rebuild Covington would be great or maybe we throw Culver like I said and get Grant that should be a no brainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Green is a undersized combo forward. I would only trade for Coby White if that means we would move Tyus on a separate deal to get a combo forward of our own.

If Portland trade for Ben Simmons and start their rebuild Covington would be great or maybe we throw Culver like I said and get Grant that should be a no brainer.

I'm not saying we or anyone should trade for Jevante Green, just saying the Bulls will look to trade for another big with Patrick Williams out for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I'm not saying we or anyone should trade for Jevante Green, just saying the Bulls will look to trade for another big with Patrick Williams out for the season.

I understand your point, I assume you are saying we could move one of Tillman/Clarke/SlowMo for White 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ja_Rules said:

I understand your point, I assume you are saying we could move one of Tillman/Clarke/SlowMo for White 

Yep. BC would be the most logical. Hate to give up on him, but he appears to be the odd man out. No sense continuing to collect DNP-CDs if he has trade value, which I think he does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. BC would be the most logical. Hate to give up on him, but he appears to be the odd man out. No sense continuing to collect DNP-CDs if he has trade value, which I think he does. 

I would like to see more lineups featuring BC at the 4 and Jaren at the 5 before moving Clarke.

Ja/Bane/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren should be a force!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Do you understand that their starting PF recently got hurt and is out for the season? And they didnt really have a backup PF to begin with despite their start? Also their first 3 wins were against creampuffs so I dont think they should exactly be in cruise control as if the whole season is gonna be that way.

Do you understand that the Bulls have Ball, DeRozen, LeVine and Vucevic and don't need another major player in their starting 5 which is why they were content with WIlliams to begin with? 

If Chicago wants to offer us some sweetcake deal this season that's great. I am in favor of any team offering us more than our players are worth but I don't really see anyone Memphis would be willing to give up that could take Chicago over Brooklyn, Philly or Millwaukee so why would they offer us a great deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Do you understand that the Bulls have Ball, DeRozen, LeVine and Vucevic and don't need another major player in their starting 5 which is why they were content with WIlliams to begin with? 

If Chicago wants to offer us some sweetcake deal this season that's great. I am in favor of any team offering us more than our players are worth but I don't really see anyone Memphis would be willing to give up that could take Chicago over Brooklyn, Philly or Millwaukee so why would they offer us a great deal? 

Jesus Christ, what are you talking about major player?  THEY DONT HAVE A STARTING POWER FORWARD BETTER THAN BRANDON CLARKE!  Thats why they maybe interested in him.  I also said maybe and also cited another PF from another team that has excess PFs. Take them over the Nets, Sixers, Bucks like what in the hell does that have to do with a team just making a deal to fill a hole?  And its not like I suggested them giving up some golden piece, Coby White has been rumored to be available for a while and he is probably a future bench player for a good team. Like seriously, go nitpick a fight somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Jesus Christ, what are you talking about major player?  THEY DONT HAVE A STARTING POWER FORWARD BETTER THAN BRANDON CLARKE!  Thats why they maybe interested in him.  I also said maybe and also cited another PF from another team that has excess PFs. Take them over the Nets, Sixers, Bucks like what in the hell does that have to do with a team just making a deal to fill a hole?  And its not like I suggested them giving up some golden piece, Coby White has been rumored to be available for a while and he is probably a future bench player for a good team. Like seriously, go nitpick a fight somewhere else

I would ask for a pick too, they are the one with a player injuried and going all in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I would like to see more lineups featuring BC at the 4 and Jaren at the 5 before moving Clarke.

Ja/Bane/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren should be a force!

You might be right, I like Clarke, but his jumper and D is questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

You might be right, I like Clarke, but his jumper and D is questionable.

BC would just have to run the floor, finish lobs and block/alter shots in that lineup.  He also wouldn’t have to worry about fouling out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I would ask for a pick too, they are the one with a player injuried and going all in.

Good point.  I would ask for a pick too.  Getting BC might help the Bulls more than getting Coby White would help us.  Besides it’s hard to find bouncy “bigs” who can make plays on both sides of the ball — even if he is undersized (underlengthed?).  If we traded our best bouncy/energy 4 we would have to draft/over-draft a replacement.

Getting Coby White... lots of added scoring... but once Dillon gets back we might have enough perimeter chuckers already....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2021 at 8:24 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

How long do you think it will take for ZW to be a productive NBA player?

The Grizzlies target high BBIQ  and multi-dimensional players. He is in the rotation now because he is contributing. So, not long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the twolves struggling, I was wondering what people would think of going after KAT if it continues. A core of KAT, Ja, and Karen seems intriguing to me. We would be surrounding ja with tons of shooting plus KAT is a good rebounder and low post scorer that seems like a good pairing next to Jaren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Thegoodguys said:

With the twolves struggling, I was wondering what people would think of going after KAT if it continues. A core of KAT, Ja, and Karen seems intriguing to me. We would be surrounding ja with tons of shooting plus KAT is a good rebounder and low post scorer that seems like a good pairing next to Jaren

I think KAT is an incredibly talented player but I've had doubts about his winning attitude for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I think KAT is an incredibly talented player but I've had doubts about his winning attitude for a long time.

He isnt a go to guy for sure.  More of a stat guy. Would be great to play off Ja but he cant finish a game as a 1 option worth a crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I get the concerns. KAT has played in the league a while and been on a lot of bad teams. I picture it kind of like AD. He's a good player but not good enough to elevate a bad team. Maybe if you put him on a good team then he could elevate it to a real championship contender like AD joining the Lakers. I know the Lakers also have lebron but the year LeBron was there without AD, the Lakers were pretty bad. Then AD joined them and they became champions.

 

I think on general it is harder to ask a big man to be a closer. Is there a center in the league that is their team's closer? Maybe Jokic but they also have Murray. I wouldn't say Embiid, Ayton, Bam, or AD can do it either. Ideally I'd want the ball in Ja's hands with a KAT pick and roll/pop surrounded by shooters. That would get ja going downhill and the defending center can't drop to cover ja because Kat is an excellent shooter and any help leaves another shooter like Bane, Jaren, or Brooks open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×