Ole Dirty Klondike

How Can This Team Get Better and Who is Good Enough to Trade For?

35 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

But we control Ziaire for the next 7 years if we want to, and Culver is an unrestricted FA in 4 months. Obviously Ziaire is going to have a longer leash than Culver. 

Culver might be worth $8-$10 million over 3 years (with a 4th year team option).

ZW8 needs to prove that he can be Broke Scottie Pippen in Southaven.  If not, we need to use him on draft night to trade up.

SO, here is the really bad part of the grayson allen deal. If we wanted to make a trade, with allen on roster we could have included him or melton and it would've been fine because we had depth at wing. Now if we put say melton in a deal (Bane is, to me, untradeable except for major asset) suddenly we have no guard depth.

Annoying that we killed our flexibility there so we could have merrill not playing and two meh 2nd rounders

8 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

SO, here is the really bad part of the grayson allen deal. If we wanted to make a trade, with allen on roster we could have included him or melton and it would've been fine because we had depth at wing. Now if we put say melton in a deal (Bane is, to me, untradeable except for major asset) suddenly we have no guard depth.

Annoying that we killed our flexibility there so we could have merrill not playing and two meh 2nd rounders

The depth issue really depends on who the team brings back in return doesn't it? 

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Yeah but I'm thinking about trade for turner or sabonis from other thread.

Got it. I doubt Allen or Melton would be used as a lure to get one of those players but you never know.