Jump to content
Ole Dirty Klondike

How Can This Team Get Better and Who is Good Enough to Trade For?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Is Jerami Grant a good enough of a rebounder to start at the 4 next to Jaren.   I really think our bigger need is a scoring combo guard off the bench.    I would want to see what a BC + JJJ starting lineup looks like before adding a player that will require offensive touches.   

 They are already having a hard enough time juggling Ja bane Dillon Jaren touches.    Grant also isn't a rim running PF he is a scoring combo forward.    We already have a rim runner in Brandon Clarke. 

Adams doesn't have to be traded just yet but he does need to be put on second unit.   Kyle is the one that needs to be moved on from first for a better fitting combo forward on second unit.    Guys like Paschal and Jerami wouldn't be a good fit IF Ja Jaren and Dillon are your main scorers. 

I wish 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

Well he'd certainly up the talent level on our team. Not exactly sure he's a great fit. He's better at center, just like Jaren. I would honestly like to have him, but I don't know what the price would be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Is Jerami Grant a good enough of a rebounder to start at the 4 next to Jaren.   I really think our bigger need is a scoring combo guard off the bench.    I would want to see what a BC + JJJ starting lineup looks like before adding a player that will require offensive touches.   

 They are already having a hard enough time juggling Ja bane Dillon Jaren touches.    Grant also isn't a rim running PF he is a scoring combo forward.    We already have a rim runner in Brandon Clarke. 

Adams doesn't have to be traded just yet but he does need to be put on second unit.   Kyle is the one that needs to be moved on from first for a better fitting combo forward on second unit.    Guys like Paschal and Jerami wouldn't be a good fit IF Ja Jaren and Dillon are your main scorers. 

Where does a new combo guard get minutes on this roster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Harrison Barnes is a guy that we should go after and could realistically get. Kings are not good and getting worse. Barnes is way older than the rest of their core. I want to replace Kyle, as his role and play have both been on the decline this year. His defense has fallen off a cliff this year, and he doesn't really make it up on the offensive end. 

Barnes is a pretty good rebounder and a really good shooter from deep. I think you can start him next to Jaren at the 4, and then stagger them the rest of the game until closing time. Brandon and Jaren still play together for the most part, and Barnes and Adams play together, which should be an ideal pairing. I think it is past time to move Adams to the bench. Barnes extra shooting to the starting lineup will open things up even more of Ja on offense. Barnes shooting in general would help us as we're just a middle of the road 3 point shooting team. 

I do think we're good at the guard and wings for the foreseeable future.

Ja/Bane/Dillon/Barnes/Jaren

Tyus/Melton/ZW/Brandon/Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/11/29/22807223/seven-observations-stephen-curry-kristap-porzingis-julius-randle

 

Lets trade for grayson Allen. Shooting and finishing and ballhandling!

Grayson is 4th in the NBA in 3s made, and 19th in the NBA 3% (which is higher than Stephen Curry)

I said all along, we should have traded Melton instead of Allen, SloMo should have already been traded, and we should have made offers for Patty Mills (who has been insane this season) and Alec Burks. Both those 2 plus Allen would be a MUCH better fit with Ja, cover weaknesses we got, add to strengths we are looking to make (playing a combo guard next to Ja), extensive veteran experience, doggedness on D, facilitators and scorers on O.

And realistically obtainable - they weren't Bradley Beal pipedreams - they are not on big $$, and Grayson slightly above what we are paying Melton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Grayson is 4th in the NBA in 3s made, and 19th in the NBA 3% (which is higher than Stephen Curry)

I said all along, we should have traded Melton instead of Allen, SloMo should have already been traded, and we should have made offers for Patty Mills (who has been insane this season) and Alec Burks. Both those 2 plus Allen would be a MUCH better fit with Ja, cover weaknesses we got, add to strengths we are looking to make (playing a combo guard next to Ja), extensive veteran experience, doggedness on D, facilitators and scorers on O.

And realistically obtainable - they weren't Bradley Beal pipedreams - they are not on big $$, and Grayson slightly above what we are paying Melton.

Don’t bring up moving Melton instead of Grayson, you’ll get crucified on these boards. Apparently that’s blasphemy, even tho Melton goes through extreme droughts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

I think Christian Woods fits perfectly with Jaren. Another big that can block shots, guard in space and space the floor on offense. 3 big rotation of Jaren, Christian Woods and BC would be nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Where does a new combo guard get minutes on this roster?

We would have to trade someone to open up a spot.    Tyus can be moved.  four guard rotation of Ja bane Melt and combo would provide the additional shot creation we need.    I would target a bigger Combo (hence Colby white) so he can play alongside Ja in some lineups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Grayson is 4th in the NBA in 3s made, and 19th in the NBA 3% (which is higher than Stephen Curry)

I said all along, we should have traded Melton instead of Allen, SloMo should have already been traded, and we should have made offers for Patty Mills (who has been insane this season) and Alec Burks. Both those 2 plus Allen would be a MUCH better fit with Ja, cover weaknesses we got, add to strengths we are looking to make (playing a combo guard next to Ja), extensive veteran experience, doggedness on D, facilitators and scorers on O.

And realistically obtainable - they weren't Bradley Beal pipedreams - they are not on big $$, and Grayson slightly above what we are paying Melton.

Don't care about grayson's numbers.   Look who he is playing with.   Melton is a superior 2way player to Grayson - yall need to stop focusing singularly on 3pt shooting numbers.   We are 30th ranked defense this season and you want to remove one our best 3D wing for another shooter (that isn't a shot creator)?   Grayson can't defend  PG's or SF's so we would basically have two Banes - he also cant play PG or SF. 

FO made the right move by keeping Bane and Melt over Grayson.  They are both 3yrs younger and more versatile on offense and defense. 

 I am happy for his success in MIL but don't regret the move at all.   What's wrong with an "everybody wins" type of trades?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think Harrison Barnes is a guy that we should go after and could realistically get. Kings are not good and getting worse. Barnes is way older than the rest of their core. I want to replace Kyle, as his role and play have both been on the decline this year. His defense has fallen off a cliff this year, and he doesn't really make it up on the offensive end. 

Barnes is a pretty good rebounder and a really good shooter from deep. I think you can start him next to Jaren at the 4, and then stagger them the rest of the game until closing time. Brandon and Jaren still play together for the most part, and Barnes and Adams play together, which should be an ideal pairing. I think it is past time to move Adams to the bench. Barnes extra shooting to the starting lineup will open things up even more of Ja on offense. Barnes shooting in general would help us as we're just a middle of the road 3 point shooting team. 

I do think we're good at the guard and wings for the foreseeable future.

Ja/Bane/Dillon/Barnes/Jaren

Tyus/Melton/ZW/Brandon/Adams

Yea i lean towards this over trading for combo guard when you put it this way.    Trade machine lets us do a Culver + Anderson swap.   If we made that move i would still start BC at the PF and have barnes back him up.    Barnes would be offensive focal of 2nd unit and pairs much better with Adams than BC does. 

Don't see FO doing that because Barnes would likely cost us a pick but i wouldn't be mad if they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

Wow! Got some late first rounders and a half dozens glue guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2021 at 7:03 AM, King Dork said:

I think Christian Woods fits perfectly with Jaren. Another big that can block shots, guard in space and space the floor on offense. 3 big rotation of Jaren, Christian Woods and BC would be nasty. 

He's got some nasty in his game too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

LETS GOOOOOOO GIVE UP THE PICKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

Two trade ideas that I think would help the grizzlies.

One:  BC + ZW + Culver + UTA 1st Rd Pick for Christian Wood

Two:  Xavier Tillman + Konchar for Donte Divencenzo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

Two trade ideas that I think would help the grizzlies.

One:  BC + ZW + Culver + UTA 1st Rd Pick for Christian Wood

Two:  Xavier Tillman + Konchar for Donte Divencenzo.  

I like Donte Inferno.  Good, solid 2 way role player but he has had a few injuries and he's SMALL.  Other than that, I still would wait to trade anyone from last night's Dream Team 901.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I like Donte Inferno.  Good, solid 2 way role player but he has had a few injuries and he's SMALL.  Other than that, I still would wait to trade anyone from last night's Dream Team 901.

His older brother Disco was a champion.

disco-inferno.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2021 at 5:20 PM, costarica2 said:

Just saw that the rockets are making Cristian Woods available what are you guys thoughs on that?

Shocking on the Rockets part given every team's willingness to trade Wood or let him walk. 

I was a little shocked that the Pistons signed a bunch of poo poo players players but let Woods go, but I've heard (yes, only a rumor), that he's a difficult teammate.   The Pistons chose Mason Plumlee, Jahill Okafor, Wayne Ellington, and Josh Jackson as free agents, but passed on matching a pretty fair contract from the Rockets even though Wood was only 24 and had just had a very strong season.

6 teams in 6 years is the type of record that will keep our front office away. Maybe he's a real late bloomer, or maybe the Rockets are ready to pass that headache on to some contender.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

His older brother Disco was a champion.

disco-inferno.gif

 

Sure. But a second rounder, put him on a 2 way contract then send him down to Southaven so he can DO THE HUSTLE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Shocking on the Rockets part given every team's willingness to trade Wood or let him walk. 

I was a little shocked that the Pistons signed a bunch of poo poo players players but let Woods go, but I've heard (yes, only a rumor), that he's a difficult teammate.   The Pistons chose Mason Plumlee, Jahill Okafor, Wayne Ellington, and Josh Jackson as free agents, but passed on matching a pretty fair contract from the Rockets even though Wood was only 24 and had just had a very strong season.

6 teams in 6 years is the type of record that will keep our front office away. Maybe he's a real late bloomer, or maybe the Rockets are ready to pass that headache on to some contender.

 

Woah now that you put it that way there has to be something up.

The rockets could easily make him a core player but they rather cash in instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Woah now that you put it that way there has to be something up.

The rockets could easily make him a core player but they rather cash in instead.

Don’t be so sure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Chris Boucher and Yuta Watanabe from the Raptors.  Send ‘em Slo Mo/more crap.  
 

The Raps also have the 9th pick (as of today).  Would like to get that too — add our pick/Lakers pick/cash to the Slo Mo/more crap trade proposal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yuta Watanabe from the Raptors.

I still don't understand why we didn't make room for a guy that we trained ... he went from fighting in Southaven to fighting on the big stage with the Raptors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I still don't understand why we didn't make room for a guy that we trained ... he went from fighting in Southaven to fighting on the big stage with the Raptors...

Every game we've seen the Raptors over the last couple season I've thought the same thing. I wonder if he was too "old" for this current FO.  He'd be the 3rd oldest member of this team.

Was he injured earlier this season?  Why hasn't he played more this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×