Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Milwaukee Bucks vs Memphis Grizzlies - 10/5/21

Recommended Posts

The Grizzlies Looked Great last night .this grizzlies may be the Best shooting team in the History of the Grizzlies .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Channing Frye with the weird awkward unnecessary slander of Memphis

I was little surprise he would make that type of statement on TV 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Completely uncalled for and then followed up by the sidekick saying something about being denied ribs because they were saving them for after the game rush. All in all that was very poor journalism and I hope someone at TNT talks to them both about remaining impartial and not degrade the city they are reporting from in the future. 

Yeah, heard that too. It was really stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Channing Frye is trying to make people upset to get his twitter hits up and trying to stir up a little controversy to make himself feel popular as a trending force on Twitter. 

That at least means he thought about the stupid comments he made rather than just being ignorant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Maybe Channing Frye is trying to make people upset to get his twitter hits up and trying to stir up a little controversy to make himself feel popular as a trending force on Twitter. 

That at least means he thought about the stupid comments he made rather than just being ignorant. 

 

This is what I was thinking too.  He's trying to get some attention, and sadly, trolling is the path that many have successfully chosen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well we win I guess. Jaren was just starting to get in a rhythm as well. Even if it ends there, he had 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, and a steal. 

Only guy that was disappointing was Tillman. Didn't make a field goal, wasn't about to affect the opponents shot very well either. Only 8 minutes of action though, so not a whole lot to go on. 

 

Tillman played 8 minutes, probably would have played 8-10 in 4th, but if Kyle Anderson is primarily going to be playing PF, I'm not sure how many minutes Tillman or Clarke are going to play a game.

Kyle and JJJ combined for 67 minutes in three-fourths of a preseason game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its time to go with Melton at starting 2 guard.  Out of all the options we have seen, his play seems like its more impacted by getting more time and touches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, this may be preseason, but there are two players currently on roster that are in mid-season mode right now.

On the box score, Tillie (Sore back) and McDermott Right (knee injury) were both DNP for injuries.

I know McD is likely due for just the Hustle, but is any 2-way player in league(s) more unavailable for two-teams due to injury than Tillie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I think its time to go with Melton at starting 2 guard.  Out of all the options we have seen, his play seems like its more impacted by getting more time and touches.

I was thinking Bane made more sense to start since Melton has shown a far greater ability to come off the bench and light things up. Bane coming off the bench hasn't shown me that instant offense punch like Melton. The bench will need scoring if Tyus, Kyle, Tillman and Williams are the backups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the question going forward will be who closes the game.

Adams is a poor free throw shooter, so I'm not sure he can be out there. Hopefully JJJ isn't in foul trouble, but I think Kyle will be there in the PF position with JJJ, Dillon and Ja.  

Melton or Bane closing the game will be the interesting thing to watch, and maybe it just comes down to who is playing better that night but I imagine it will be important to get some consistency.  Honestly, I hope that ZW plays his way into the closing group as a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think the question going forward will be who closes the game.

Adams is a poor free throw shooter, so I'm not sure he can be out there. Hopefully JJJ isn't in foul trouble, but I think Kyle will be there in the PF position with JJJ, Dillon and Ja.  

Melton or Bane closing the game will be the interesting thing to watch, and maybe it just comes down to who is playing better that night but I imagine it will be important to get some consistency.  Honestly, I hope that ZW plays his way into the closing group as a rookie.

I can see a closing five of JJJ, Kyle, Dillon, Bane and Ja on most nights. Adams will close certain games when a dominant big is on the opposing team but if its one of the new breed centers who takes threes instead of banging in the paint JJJ can defend those guys (assuming he hasn't fouled out). I don't see ZW becoming a closer this season but it would be fantastic if he was able to break into that role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaren held up very well against Lopez yesterday when asked to defend him in the post. Lopez isn't the low post threat he used to be, but he's still a big center and very strong. I think Jaren does look bigger and stronger out there, which should help him in those type matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, chipc3 said:

I was thinking Bane made more sense to start since Melton has shown a far greater ability to come off the bench and light things up. Bane coming off the bench hasn't shown me that instant offense punch like Melton. The bench will need scoring if Tyus, Kyle, Tillman and Williams are the backups. 

I have to agree with you here.  I was initially thinking Melton should start after watching his performance and Bane's more subdued debut.   But the more i thought about it - the more i leaned towards your suggestion.    We need someone who can generate buckets off the bench and Bane isn't as aggressive as Melt.   

Also no matter how good of a shooter Melt is - he still won't have the gravity Bane does as a shooter.   Teams already fear him.  Plus Bane is the better passer/playmaker and can take on more secondary ballhandling to free up Ja.   Dillon will gladly take on role of aggressive scoring wing.  So i see majority of starting units shots going to Ja DB and Jaren with Bane spacing floor and Adams cleaning up glass.   

Second unit-wise i would love to see Dunn + Melton +ZW + KA +X   Defensively that unit should be fantastic and also able to play at a quicker pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 11:00 AM, chipc3 said:

I was thinking Bane made more sense to start since Melton has shown a far greater ability to come off the bench and light things up. Bane coming off the bench hasn't shown me that instant offense punch like Melton. The bench will need scoring if Tyus, Kyle, Tillman and Williams are the backups. 

I agree.

23 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I can see a closing five of JJJ, Kyle, Dillon, Bane and Ja on most nights. Adams will close certain games when a dominant big is on the opposing team but if its one of the new breed centers who takes threes instead of banging in the paint JJJ can defend those guys (assuming he hasn't fouled out). I don't see ZW becoming a closer this season but it would be fantastic if he was able to break into that role.  

In closing lineups Melton has a fair chance to play.

 

I wonder if coach will use Kyle some at sf and less of Adams and mora C Jaren, so he can give Clarke some pf minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, Ja_Rules said:

I wonder if coach will use Kyle some at sf and less of Adams and mora C Jaren, so he can give Clarke some pf minutes. 

I'm starting to think Kyle is the team's full time back up PF now. Brandon Clarke is going to struggle for minutes as a result. 

Starting Five:
Morant
Bane
Brooks
JJJ
Adams

Backups:
Jones
Melton
Williams
Anderson
Tillman

Scrambling for PT:
Konchar
Clarke
Merrill/Dunn

G League assignments:
Adama
Tilley
Pons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I'm starting to think Kyle is the team's full time back up PF now. Brandon Clarke is going to struggle for minutes as a result. 

Starting Five:
Morant
Bane
Brooks
JJJ
Adams

Backups:
Jones
Melton
Williams
Anderson
Tillman

Scrambling for PT:
Konchar
Clarke

G League assignments:
Adama
Tilley
Pons

I see it exactly like this, with maybe Melton and Bane switching spots.

Pretty wild when you consider BC looked like he could be a key part of this team's future after his rookie season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×