The J Crew

Marc Gasol traded to Grizzlies . . .

I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars’ll be out, and don’t you know that the Grizzly Gods are smiling.

Nobody, nobody knows what’s going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Marc Gasol, I even think of Old Marc Gasol.

So far there's only one source saying Marc will sign with Girona but it would make a lot of sense for him. Bear in mind it's not an ACB team (it was when he won his ACB MVP but it was relegated since then), so it's definitely not a matter of money or prestige.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

So far there's only one source saying Marc will sign with Girona but it would make a lot of sense for him. Bear in mind it's not an ACB team (it was when he won his ACB MVP but it was relegated since then), so it's definitely not a matter of money or prestige.

Actually it's not the same team.  The one he played for folded and the current one was created a few years later.

1 hour ago, penzias said:

Forget it, i was right before i corrected myself :I . The old team dissapeared in 2013 and the new one was created in 2014

Kind of both really. The old team went bankrupt and the new iteration is a team founded by Marc to carry on with the old team's tradition in the city. Similar to what happened with some old soccer teams like Burgos o Málaga that disappeared and were refounded on top of existing lower league teams. They're legally different teams but the fans don't care.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:11 AM, tangogriz said:

I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars’ll be out, and don’t you know that the Grizzly Gods are smiling.

Nobody, nobody knows what’s going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Marc Gasol, I even think of Old Marc Gasol.

When the children cry, let them know we tried.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:11 AM, tangogriz said:

well said. 

Marc started his career in Memphis from a trade with a Lakers, and ends it by getting traded from the Lakers to Memphis again. Poetic. 

23 hours ago, absolutegrizzguy said:

well said. 

Marc started his career in Memphis from a trade with a Lakers, and ends it by getting traded from the Lakers to Memphis again. Poetic. 

What a good way to end it. Back where he belongs

On 9/14/2021 at 6:48 PM, absolutegrizzguy said:

well said. 

I'm not a big reader so I don't know if "On The Road" is a great novel but I think it has a great ending.

Best ending possible. Wish we could have done this for the other guys. Maybe we can get Mike to sign a 1 day.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:48 PM, absolutegrizzguy said:

well said. 

And just like when the Grizzlies traded for him the first time, he's staying overseas this year!

On 9/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, chipc3 said:

And just like when the Grizzlies traded for him the first time, he's staying overseas this year!

Wow....I never thought of that. True. I wonder how Pau did last season in spain. 

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Wow....I never thought of that. True. I wonder how Pau did last season in spain. 

He did well in a limited role but there was only so much you could expect from a 40 year old big who hadn't played for more than a year.