Jump to content
GF#1

Grizzlies are trading Patrick Beverley to the T'Wolves

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Is he that much different than Keon Johnson?   An athletic tweener-wing without a shooting touch?

Yet both went in the first round as teams continue to spend valuable 1st round picks on this type of player.  Why is that?

This also describes Kawhi Leonard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need a big 3 before we worry to much about guys ike JV , Allen being traded. 1st rounds exists cant be the goal , a couple extra 1st and owning ours is a great direction to being in a high lvl starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, King Dork said:

This also describes Kawhi Leonard 

Kawhi Leonard is 6'7" with a 7'3" wingspan.  That's not a tweener.  That's your prototypical small forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I think we need a big 3 before we worry to much about guys ike JV , Allen being traded. 1st rounds exists cant be the goal , a couple extra 1st and owning ours is a great direction to being in a high lvl starter.

Bruh Jonas was the 2nd best player on this team last year..  Yall dont know basketball if you think a guy who is a walking double double and is 20pt 20reb threat aint a high level player....  Jonas was moved to feature Jaren more in the paint...

Yall scrub luv for Dillon n Kyle is irritating...  They are role players given too much leeway on this team...  But that  ship gon sail real soon...  Grizz have 3 first round picks this draft...  Aka "Kyle" replacements...  Da flamethrower will be next after an athletic big gets added...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, King Dork said:

This also describes Kawhi Leonard 

Kahwi also got signed off by the best shooting coach in history that they could fix his shot before they drafted him. That's a major difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Bruh Jonas was the 2nd best player on this team last year..  Yall dont know basketball if you think a guy who is a walking double double and is 20pt 20reb threat aint a high level player....  Jonas was moved to feature Jaren more in the paint...

Yall scrub luv for Dillon n Kyle is irritating...  They are role players given too much leeway on this team...  But that  ship gon sail real soon...  Grizz have 3 first round picks this draft...  Aka "Kyle" replacements...  Da flamethrower will be next after an athletic big gets added...  

74C3664F-0B8F-4C16-A727-62F37C265BF4-min

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Ppl keep forgetting we are adding back in Jaren and he is a shooter.  We will be able to have at least one shooter on the floor at all times.  

true true, i was focusing mostly on guard/wing shooters in the rotation, not the bigs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Melton played when Allen was hurt. His mins were greatly reduced when Allen was healthy. There’s no reason Melton should have been pushed aside in most games in favor of Allen.

With them playing more mins now, Dillon developing into a very good starter and JJJ coming back healthy, our shooting will be better than last season. 

TBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

Kawhi Leonard is 6'7" with a 7'3" wingspan.  That's not a tweener.  That's your prototypical small forward.

How is 6’7” with a 6’10 wingspan that Jarrett Culver is tweener size?

3 hours ago, Thegoodguys said:

Kahwi also got signed off by the best shooting coach in history that they could fix his shot before they drafted him. That's a major difference

Why not everyone just get that shooting coach then? Culver’s shot is far from broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Culver when he came into the draft.  He was solid all-around player and wasn't surprised he was taken early in the draft.  I really didn't see anything that would keep him from becoming a solid starter in the league given typical improvement.  The problems when he entered the draft was he didn't have a clearcut A/A+ NBA-skill and he needed to get stronger.  He's still young & can still improve.  Even now with his defensive ability, I could see him possibly breaking into the starting lineup (might see Ja, Dillon, Culver, Kyle, Jaren line-up for example).  He can guard the 2 or 3 spot well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Dork said:

How is 6’7” with a 6’10 wingspan that Jarrett Culver is tweener size?

I don't think Culver is a tweener either.  I just think he isn't a good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I don't think Culver is a tweener either.  I just think he isn't a good player.

Agreed. Culver had one really good year at TTU and got them to the National Championship game and his stock was sky high. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's super athletic. He may be more of a great leaper in certain situations than an all-around athlete. He's a big strong guard with out a jump shot or a quick first step.  He's struggled to find his niche in the NBA. Can he turn it around and salvage his career? Maybe but I'm not convinced he's a big part of the Grizz plans. Just another former lottery pick like Josh Jackson and Justise Winslow that they will keep around for awhile. With that being said, he may come in and wow everybody and earn pt, who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

After this deal - it is really difficult for me to see Kyle making it past this week as a Grizz. 

You haven't seen a scenario where Kyle is back all summer. Don't act like you suddenly changed your mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You haven't seen a scenario where Kyle is back all summer. Don't act like you suddenly changed your mind. 

I said at the end of the season that more than likely two of Jonas, Grayson, Kyle, Tyus would be gone.   They have already removed two so they may be done.   I just don't see how they will have the minutes available to develop Ziaire and rehab BC and play X if Kyle has a significant role.   Now they just brought in Juancho and Culver too.    Both guys who can play the positions that kyle plays.  How are they gonna allocate all these minutes?

All i am saying is we do know another trade is coming and don't be surprised if Kyle is shipped out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I said at the end of the season that more than likely two of Jonas, Grayson, Kyle, Tyus would be gone.   They have already removed two so they may be done.   I just don't see how they will have the minutes available to develop Ziaire and rehab BC and play X if Kyle has a significant role.   Now they just brought in Juancho and Culver too.    Both guys who can play the positions that kyle plays.  How are they gonna allocate all these minutes?

All i am saying is we do know another trade is coming and don't be surprised if Kyle is shipped out. 

We all are assuming another trade is coming and it is smart to assume we will have to include second tier stars to bring in a big name star. Kyle is clearly in that second tier. It is by no means assumed by anyone other than you that Kyle is the target however. You could just as easily suggest Dillon Brooks may have to go who is far less efficient but you focus on Kyle instead. 

In my opinion anyone dealing the Grizzlies a one big name for numerous smaller names type of trade will want either younger players or expiring contracts in return. Kyle is close to both but hardly the first name on either list. I think Brandon Clarke, Rajon Rondo, Dillon Brooks, De'Anthony Melton and Kyle Anderson are all names that ought to be mentioned in a multi-player trade. 

You have been anti-Kyle for two years now despite his proving his value to the team. Did he cut you off in traffic or something? 

To be clear, I have no idea who the Grizzlies are offering or who they are trying to acquire. I'm still in shell shock from the deals already done this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know much about culver however I do know the wolves are also awful at developing their drafts picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some of you guys talking about Merril last night...he doesnt look too bad really.  At least from the little we've seen in SL.  His lack of athleticism may really hurt him but he does look pretty smooth with the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gradey said:

I saw some of you guys talking about Merril last night...he doesnt look too bad really.  At least from the little we've seen in SL.  His lack of athleticism may really hurt him but he does look pretty smooth with the ball.

And he has long arms! They should just cut Bane and Brooks and give all those minutes to Merrill. While they are at it they should try to bring back Caboclo, he had the longest arms ever. And don't dare even mention trading Kyle, I mean have you even seen those arms? We should be giving him a max extension, not speculating about trades, the man has a 7'3 wingspan. We have a real chance at winning the wingspan championship if we make the right moves, the ball is in your court Kleiman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Bruh Jonas was the 2nd best player on this team last year..  Yall dont know basketball if you think a guy who is a walking double double and is 20pt 20reb threat aint a high level player....  Jonas was moved to feature Jaren more in the paint...

Yall scrub luv for Dillon n Kyle is irritating...  They are role players given too much leeway on this team...  But that  ship gon sail real soon...  Grizz have 3 first round picks this draft...  Aka "Kyle" replacements...  Da flamethrower will be next after an athletic big gets added...  

Walking double double doesn’t mean anything if the person you are guarding can also be a walk-in double double, or if your drop coverage consists of you giving up countless wide open floaters and mid range shots. People that only worry about Jonas points and rebounds clearly aren’t seeing the whole picture. And the fact that some think Adams can’t get those same rebounds while also playing much better defense is weird to me.

Calling Dillon and Kyle scrubs while holding Jonas on some pedestal is what’s irritating Jonas didn’t fit like I’ve said from the beginning of the season he’s just a more liked Enes Kanter they both do the same things Grizz did good by getting value for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I saw some of you guys talking about Merril last night...he doesnt look too bad really.  At least from the little we've seen in SL.  His lack of athleticism may really hurt him but he does look pretty smooth with the ball.

I think he plays witting his limitations he’s really just the guy you set screens for so he can get good looks. He showed the ability to create space for his shot I doubt he’s anything more than a bench shooter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thats what I was thinking also, a bench shooter who wont hurt you may end up being the ceiling there.  Not implying the guy is great, only that he is better than I expected and may actually be usable in situations.

No clue on the wingspan Kyle...i didnt even catch he had a good one.  I was more looking at his feet and shooting form along with his general understanding of the game of basketball.  He seems to get it.  Moves well.  Can shoot.  Not athletic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grizzhype said:

Bruh Jonas was the 2nd best player on this team last year..  Yall dont know basketball if you think a guy who is a walking double double and is 20pt 20reb threat aint a high level player....  Jonas was moved to feature Jaren more in the paint...

Yall scrub luv for Dillon n Kyle is irritating...  They are role players given too much leeway on this team...  But that  ship gon sail real soon...  Grizz have 3 first round picks this draft...  Aka "Kyle" replacements...  Da flamethrower will be next after an athletic big gets added...  

The front office must have scrub love too because they made it abundantly clear they weren't trading him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

We all are assuming another trade is coming and it is smart to assume we will have to include second tier stars to bring in a big name star. Kyle is clearly in that second tier. It is by no means assumed by anyone other than you that Kyle is the target however. You could just as easily suggest Dillon Brooks may have to go who is far less efficient but you focus on Kyle instead. 

In my opinion anyone dealing the Grizzlies a one big name for numerous smaller names type of trade will want either younger players or expiring contracts in return. Kyle is close to both but hardly the first name on either list. I think Brandon Clarke, Rajon Rondo, Dillon Brooks, De'Anthony Melton and Kyle Anderson are all names that ought to be mentioned in a multi-player trade. 

You have been anti-Kyle for two years now despite his proving his value to the team. Did he cut you off in traffic or something? 

To be clear, I have no idea who the Grizzlies are offering or who they are trying to acquire. I'm still in shell shock from the deals already done this summer. 

there have been several rumors that kyle is "available" AND he is up for an extension.    Yes i was anti-kyle till he got a jumpshot and starting primarily playing the 4.   I do think he is a winning player and will be missed if traded.   

Dillon isn't going anywhere unless its a trade for a bonafide star.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

there have been several rumors that kyle is "available" AND he is up for an extension.    Yes i was anti-kyle till he got a jumpshot and starting primarily playing the 4.   I do think he is a winning player and will be missed if traded.   

Dillon isn't going anywhere unless its a trade for a bonafide star.   

That's why I think Dillon could be the one gone too. Kyle isn't getting anyone a star but Dillon plus a combination of Rondo (expiring contract) and Brandon Clarke could be very enticing to a team looking to unload a major contract...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×