1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he wasn't good either and that was mostly against second unit guard...do you expect him to guarding starting level SG

In the playoffs he was one of our better defenders according to the same metric. He probably would guard the weaker wing player and let Dillon guard the tougher matchup. He could also improve. 

I really like Bane. Hopefully some of that shooting from SL comes to the regular season  

You remember that year we had a patched-together team of "smart" players. We started so well and then came back to earth.

Not to jinx it, but this could be much-improved version 2.

As starters, I'll go with probably the general view: Morant, Brooks, Anderson, Jackson and Adams.

I'll stick with my earlier post that by midseason we'll close with Morant, Williams, Brooks, Anderson and Jackson.

Yeah buddy I like Bane, but full in on ZW train.

5 hours ago, tangogriz said:

You remember that year we had a patched-together team of "smart" players. We started so well and then came back to earth.

Not to jinx it, but this could be much-improved version 2.

As starters, I'll go with probably the general view: Morant, Brooks, Anderson, Jackson and Adams.

I'll stick with my earlier post that by midseason we'll close with Morant, Williams, Brooks, Anderson and Jackson.

Yeah buddy I like Bane, but full in on ZW train.

Bane might close to start but I see ZW taking that spot if his shot falls. 

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

But what if Bane also develops abilities he doesn't currently have?  

12 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

In the playoffs he was one of our better defenders according to the same metric. He probably would guard the weaker wing player and let Dillon guard the tougher matchup. He could also improve. 

i like bane...but i just can't see him taking anyones starting role...with that said...i can see jenkins going with a finishing lineup of ja/bane/db/anderson/3js...he benched JV and the end of games when 3js was healthy...i can see him doing the same with adams

33 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

i like bane...but i just can't see him taking anyones starting role...with that said...i can see jenkins going with a finishing lineup of ja/bane/db/anderson/3js...he benched JV and the end of games when 3js was healthy...i can see him doing the same with adams

Yeah I would say there's zero chance Adams if finishing any games. He shoots like 44% from the free throw line. That's just a liability you can't have out there in the clutch. 

I reckon coach has some more work to do on which combinations work. And how many starters to rest at once, and the effect of that on the second unit. After the first 7 minutes, will we see a loop of 4-starters-plus-one as we rotate the rest break? Will the bench be maybe three standard guys plus two of the deeper bench guys, and if so who are the three?  Which players shouldn't both be on at once?   

7 hours ago, kevofrommempho said:

Then we got the biggest steal at 30 during that draft I guess? 

4 hours ago, TimBC said:

I reckon coach has some more work to do on which combinations work. And how many starters to rest at once, and the effect of that on the second unit. After the first 7 minutes, will we see a loop of 4-starters-plus-one as we rotate the rest break? Will the bench be maybe three standard guys plus two of the deeper bench guys, and if so who are the three?  Which players shouldn't both be on at once?   

tyus/melton/bane

bane/melton/slim-z

slim-z/melton/bane

clarke/tillman/aldama

tillman/clarke/aldama

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Then we got the biggest steal at 30 during that draft I guess? 

I meant that assume ZW will all of a sudden shoot well is like assuming Bane will all of a sudden develop amazing handles.

14 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Yeah, its all about his shooting. I'm betting that College and HS ZW forced up a lot of difficult shots: on the move, off the dribble and in traffic.

That may be good for us because of the learning experience, but as a rookie Grizzly he'll be taking mostly open looks or posting up smaller wings.

My hoped-for short adustment period for ZW is like what I hoped would happen with Ja. Ja didn't have much trouble adjusting to the speed of the NBA, it was the height that required time, because he had been playing against players that are quick but not tall.

ZW is both quick and tall. He's been mixing it up with the short and the quick but, unlike Ja, NBA height may not bother him that much.

2 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Yeah, its all about his shooting. I'm betting that College and HS ZW forced up a lot of difficult shots: on the move, off the dribble and in traffic.

That may be good for us because of the learning experience, but as a rookie Grizzly he'll be taking mostly open looks or posting up smaller wings.

My hoped-for short adustment period for ZW is like what I hoped would happen with Ja. Ja didn't have much trouble adjusting to the speed of the NBA, it was the height that required time, because he had been playing against players that are quick but not tall.

ZW is both quick and tall. He's been mixing it up with the short and the quick but, unlike Ja, NBA height may not bother him that much.

That is exactly what I hope happens! 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, kevofrommempho said:

See the source image

18 hours ago, costarica2 said:

This roster is not making the playoffs but that's ok.

I can see play in

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I can see play in

Play in is very likely. I don't see a way we aren't a top 10 team in the west with teams like the Rockets, Timberwolves, Kings, OKC, and San Antonio out there. A couple of those teams might be better, but none of them are jumping us because we traded JV for Steven Adams. 

On 9/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

6th seed...im calling it

See the source image

20 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

lakers

jazzs

suns

denver

warriors

grizzlies

mavs

clippers or portland

Image result for okay mr pushups gif

22 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

lakers

jazzs

suns

denver

warriors

grizzlies

mavs

clippers or portland

Depending on the extent of Kawhi's injury, I could see them falling off a little bit. There's always the chance Portland blows it up mid-season, or has injuries, like they are fairly accustomed to getting. The real question is if we can jump the Mavs, which is possible. I think they will be a little better this year, so I think that might be a tough task. I think we're certainly in the play-in games this year, but I could see us being 7-8 instead of 9-10.