bhoyal

SEC Defensive Player of the Year to Memphis

27 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Fulky is coming back for year 6, and Pember is gone. I think he went to UNC Asheville

Good luck with Flukey!!!

I love this signing. I hope he balls out in summer league 

Don't keep up with college basketball, so first time watching a highlight clip of Pons, and his blocking for his size is amazing. It's like he's spiking a volleyball. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Never watched this dude before but Yeezus he got bounce!   Seems like a mix between Brandon and Garuba.  

Sometimes you WIN the draft in the "third round".  LOL

Would anybody be shocked if Yves Pons wound up on the All Rookie 2nd team?

Ziaire Williams looks more like a guy who wins a Most Improved Player award in his third or fourth season.

26 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yves Pons NBA Combine 3-point star shooting drill - YouTube

Not sure how I post a YouTube video, but this clip of Yves Pons reminds me of Kawhi.

The thing I noticed is I don't think he missed one from the corners. That's all we need him to do, and do work as a cutter and lob threat. The PJ Tucker role. He certainly doesn't need to dribble or pass, just play defense and knock down shots that present themselves to him. 

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ziaire Williams looks more like a guy who wins a Most Improved Player award in his third or fourth season.

How did you see into the future??? 

Energetic, explosive, undersized, very good defensive player with limited offense. He plays more like a PF/C than a wing despite being at 6'6, 6'7. He is definitely another project but is worth to keep any eye on. I am curious to see FO has become more willing to take on risks in this draft.

8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I'd be very shocked.   

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Never watched this dude before but Yeezus he got bounce!   Seems like a mix between Brandon and Garuba.  

Jeez dude was still play defense up by 12 with 40 secs left. 

The Most Interesting Man in College Basketball

I hope this young man makes the roster:

UT’s primary rim protector was raised in Fuveau, France—a small commune in the southeast portion of the country. But Yves’ birth nation is the small, yet resilient Caribbean island country of Haiti.

“I was born in Haiti, where I spent three and a half years with my biological mom. I was born in Port-au-Prince, which is the capital, but my hometown was Cité Soleil. It’s one of the biggest areas in Haiti and is also the poorest part of Haiti. I spent three years over there. I don’t remember much, I just know I was there. Then my mom, by law, had to send me to the orphanage because she couldn’t take care of me, and I was pretty sick at the time.”

After close to a year in the orphanage, Yves was taken in by his adopted parents, Babeth and Jean-Claude Pons, who lived in France.

11 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yves Pons NBA Combine 3-point star shooting drill - YouTube

Not sure how I post a YouTube video, but this clip of Yves Pons reminds me of Kawhi.

9 hours ago, MEM GRYZ said:

if you're on a pc/laptop start the video then right click on the video and then select "copy video url" then come the the thread and just paste it

9 hours ago, Grizball said:

Energetic, explosive, undersized, very good defensive player with limited offense. He plays more like a PF/C than a wing despite being at 6'6, 6'7. He is definitely another project but is worth to keep any eye on. I am curious to see FO has become more willing to take on risks in this draft.

We figured out that Ja, Dillon and Jaren are gonna take all the shots next year so we are gonna need guys who can rebound, defend and block shots.  lol

I think Ja/Dillon/Ziaire/Pons/Jaren would be one heck of a lineup.  Sort of a Hamptons’ Five lineup.

Pons is going to be the reason Clarke gets traded he’s the same size but with a stronger build and length. They both play similar game but Pons may have the ability to have better perimeter skills he has a much more workable shot form and he’s younger. I can see Clarke not finishing the season on the team.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:08 PM, Ndq0327 said:

Pons is going to be the reason Clarke gets traded he’s the same size but with a stronger build and length. They both play similar game but Pons may have the ability to have better perimeter skills he has a much more workable shot form and he’s younger. I can see Clarke not finishing the season on the team.

Pons is listed as 6'6" or at least he was in college

8 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

I wonder why he choose basketball instead of football 

He's from France, so he the only football he would've played would've been soccer. 

35 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Pons is listed as 6'6" or at least he was in college

He does have a 7'0.75"ft wingspan, and I believe he was 6'6.75" ft at the combine, so pretty comparable to Clarke. Very similar in agility and vertical. 

On 7/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Small ball version of the Wallace brothers. Rebounds and defends like Ben and shoots like Rasheed.

Edit - Before I get clowned for this I should clarify I'm saying this is what his highlight clip reminds me of, not what I think he is or will be in real life. But I do hope he makes the team.