Ole Dirty Klondike

The Ziaire Williams Guide

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I know you are still butthurt over the Jonas trade.. so you will be on the attack for a minute.    I will allow you some more time to grieve out of Grizz fam respect.  

1+

If the F.O traded for Luka today he would be againts it dude is super bitter about it and whatever move they do from now on he will disagree with.

47 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I feel like the plan might be to let Kyle play at PG if they don't plan on using Tyus and haven't found a replacement yet. One of Melton, Grayson, or Bane starts at SG. Brandon either might start at PF, or Kyle starts then gets subbed out early so he can play with the bench unit. Something like that. 

I keep seeing people penciling in other people as backup pg, is that because of the one report that said the grizz are open to trading Jones? Just curious if there’s something I missed

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I know you are still butthurt over the Jonas trade.. so you will be on the attack for a minute.    I will allow you some more time to grieve out of Grizz fam respect.  

Dude seriously. Do you know any other term? Why do you keep using this over and over?  If people search for this term,  your posts come up over and over again. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are that term. Same thing goes for hater. I don't understand why when people disagree with people they automatically call them a hater. Maybe people just disagree and it's as simple as that, nothing more, nothing less, no emotion, just a disagreement. 

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

I don’t think he rebounds well enough to be the 3. Especially next to Jaren 

Is Yves Pons the best rebounder on our roster?

Why do I want to unleash Yves Pons on all the 2021 draft pretty boys?

3 hours ago, My man Allen said:

Your tiers don’t matter is the point . You have no idea where Williams was on teams draft boards

My tiers are my tiers. It's my opinion.

What is with this board these days? It's almost like everyone wants you to goosestep in formation and salute dear leader and can't question our dear leader.  This is as bad as I have ever seen it and I've been on this board well over 15 years. It's almost as if there are certain people who are intentionally trying to squash any dissenting opinion on here. As if someone sent a bunch of newer posters to get everyone to fall in line. You know, kind of like Grind City Media is the only place to get Grizz news....just weird. Diversity of thought is good and that doesn't make one a hater or rectally bruised if they disagree with you or your dear leader. 

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Dude seriously. Do you know any other term? Why do you keep using this over and over?  If people search for this term,  your posts come up over and over again. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are that term. Same thing goes for hater. I don't understand why when people disagree with people they automatically call them a hater. Maybe people just disagree and it's as simple as that, nothing more, nothing less, no emotion, just a disagreement. 

Because i have called posters on here much worse and gotten flagged for it.  So i am choosing safe words to keep the mods off my back.   J Crew is doing a wee bit more than simply disagreeing.  he is in a mode.   you handle things your way i do mine.  No right or wrong unless the mods disagree. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So Ja's idol is Russ and Ziaire idol is KD..... I can dig it. 

I'm cool.  I like the kid better than Emoni Bates.  haha.

Yves Pons might be second team All Defense as a rookie...

You never know.

Let be honest, nobody here, myself including, had had any fkg idea of who is ZW before he got selected. Please now familiarize themselves and set aside your sensitivity. You aren’t FO, your role, as a good Grizzly fan, is to welcome this nice kid and give him a chance.

PS and stop whining about JV before I start hating him.

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Wow.  Cali COVID stuff  was weird.  Like i said, if i was willing to give Josh Christopher benefit of the doubt over his college season then why not Ziaire. 

Just now, russian grizzly said:

Let be honest, nobody here, myself including, had had any fkg idea of who is ZW before he got selected. Y

He was projected as a top draft pick coming out of high school. Many people knew who he was. 

Please now familiarize themselves and set aside your sensitivity.

And that's why this thread was started and why I have several scouting reports on him and posted a video of his time at Stanford. 

after watching some film of him i see why is fg% is what they are(37%and29%)...to put it simple he takes alot of "BadDillion" shots...his shot selection is well.....ummh

but with that being said i am impressed that he shot as well as he did with the type of shots he was taking....with that shot selection stat line should of been more like 32% and 25%

4 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He was projected as a top draft pick coming out of high school. Many people knew who he was. 

And that's why this thread was started and why I have several scouting reports on him and posted a video of his time at Stanford. 

If many people knew, why there are so many whining folks? They should have known about his sky-like ceiling, 2 deaths in his family, his nice personality and a big heart. I didn’t, so my shock was justifiable.

Just now, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

after watching some film of him i see why is fg% is what they are(37%and29%)...to put it simple he takes alot of "BadDillion" shots...his shot selection is well.....ummh

but with that being said i am impressed that he shot as well as he did with the type of shots he was taking....with that shot selection stat line should of been more like 32% and 25%

His mechanics and balance are terrific - he just doesn't make a high percentage.

It's funny what the average fan sees versus what a scout or evaluator sees - I've watched a few breakdown vids last night and today and they see a lot of stuff I never thought about. I'm not talking myself into Ziaire being a steal at 10. Just saying I can see where a few years of weight and experience and he may actually be a pretty good two way player. But he's got a lot of miles to go on that road.

Just now, Grizz&Grind said:

His mechanics and balance are terrific - he just doesn't make a high percentage.

It's funny what the average fan sees versus what a scout or evaluator sees - I've watched a few breakdown vids last night and today and they see a lot of stuff I never thought about. I'm not talking myself into Ziaire being a steal at 10. Just saying I can see where a few years of weight and experience and he may actually be a pretty good two way player. But he's got a lot of miles to go on that road.

This

1 hour ago, Grizz&Grind said:

from what i have seen he is already elite when it comes to speed,mobility and handles for his size (6'9noshoes6'10withshoes)...off the top of my head the only players in NBA thats mobile like that is KD/Ingram

also i think he has the most potential on the defensive side...a guy that size that mobile that whats to play D.

Just now, russian grizzly said:

If many people new, why there are so many whining folks? They should have known about his sky-like ceiling, 2 deaths in his family, his nice personality and a big heart. I didn’t, so my shock was justifiable.

I think a few reasons.

A. Few expected Bouknight to fall to 10. He is an almost instant plug and play and has "star/name" power.

B. Fans want to win now - Moody and Bouknight are better suited to that and they were both available. It's very difficult to get fans to see the long term vs. the short term.

C. There hadn't been much chatter about Ziaire at 10, especially not compared to say Giddey or Wagner.

D. For example - I dismissed Ziaire because I had heard zero chatter and had seen few mocks with him at 10 - I had watched a video a week or so ago, so I knew who he was, but I never considered him an option because of some of the factors listed above.

6 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I think a few reasons.

A. Few expected Bouknight to fall to 10. He is an almost instant plug and play and has "star/name" power.

B. Fans want to win now - Moody and Bouknight are better suited to that and they were both available. It's very difficult to get fans to see the long term vs. the short term.

C. There hadn't been much chatter about Ziaire at 10, especially not compared to say Giddey or Wagner.

D. For example - I dismissed Ziaire because I had heard zero chatter and had seen few mocks with him at 10 - I had watched a video a week or so ago, so I knew who he was, but I never considered him an option because of some of the factors listed above.

D. Exactly my case, too. 
That’s why we need to open our mind and eyes and do our homework instead of whining like lakers fans.

6 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

If many people knew, why there are so many whining folks? They should have known about his sky-like ceiling, 2 deaths in his family, his nice personality and a big heart. I didn’t, so my shock was justifiable.

Because in the lead up to the draft no one really talked about him coming to the Grizz at #10 so people were interested in/infatuated with players like Giddey, Kuminga, Duarte, Moody, Wagner and the top picks.

When I say people knew about him, what I mean is, his name wasn't unfamiliar. Just like now, there are a handful of top hs recruits who will enter college bball next year and will be in the draft next year. People may be familiar with the name but haven't done a deep dive. He wasn't on most people's radar for the Grizz at 10 so people didn't do a deep dive and it was a shock for most people.  They were caught off guard. Collège bball last year was weird (as with everything else because of COVID). His team underachieved and had a lot of injuries so he kind of fell off of people's radars but he was in mock drafts, people just didn't think the Grizz would take him at 10 so they didn't deep dive into their research on him. Now Santi Aladama was a total unknown to people on this board (except our Spanish posters).

3 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Some people are wanting this guy to fail so they can say I told you  so about draft night

Who? As far as I can tell, everyone on this board wants the Grizz to succeed.