Ole Dirty Klondike

The Ziaire Williams Guide

Just now, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

lmao...so whats 3 out 100...look like your the one devoid of talent.

Give me one then, mouth.  Just one I have missed on. You made the accusation. Just one? Or are you all BS? I think we know the answer. 

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

And if we had drafted Giddey, today you would be saying the opposite. 

No because i would have not known that Ziaire was even on the board.    I would've been comparing Giddey to Moody or Bouknight.   I think Giddey has way less upside than Ziaire when you consider he would play next to Ja.  

Ziaire projects to have the same skillsets but better playmaking as Bouknight and Moody.   Giddey doesn't.    So you are wrong. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

No because i would have not known that Ziaire was even on the board.    I would've been comparing Giddey to Moody or Bouknight.   I think Giddey has way less upside than Ziaire when you consider he would play next to Ja.  

Ziaire projects to have the same skillsets but better playmaking as Bouknight and Moody.   Giddey doesn't.    So you are wrong. 

GTF, you think Bledsoe is our 3rd best player. You will sunshine pump anything our FO does. The idea that you wouldn't be sunshine pumping Giddey today is delusional. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I would've taken Giddey for sure. His upside might not be as high, but he looks like he can be a really good player as his floor. Giddey is potentially a walking triple double. 

Giddey is getting the benefit of the doubt due to Luka.   I judge Giddey based on his fit with Ja.   That is where he fails to me the most. his lack of shot creation and shooting along with poor defense is not a match with Ja.   Ultimately that is all that matters.    6'9' athletic wing that can defend, create and projects as a solid shooter does match. 

13 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

That's fine. Drafting is an inexact science and doing mock drafts or predicting picks is even more inexact.

I have no problem with the kid as a player especially if he had bumps in the road last year with deaths in his family and his mind was elsewhere. I'm just confused as to why we felt the need to move up 7 slots. In some ways his unimpressive season at Stanford would have helped us get him at 17. This selection seemed to surprise a lot of people. I hope he does well. I just wonder why we felt the need to make that trade and move up 7 slots. I made a comment in one of these threads that there may not be much difference in drafting 10 vs 17. I think this is a clear example of that and some guys such as Jalen Johnson and Keon Johnson who were predicted like top 10-12 fell. There was a clear top tier, a second tier but that third tier was a large group and I don't understand why we moved up in the third tier. If you're going to trade, try to get in that first or second tier. We were already in the third tier but move up close to the top of it. I just don't understand why. 

I’m so tired of people saying that. Maybe the people who actually get paid to do this had inside info that he wasn’t going to be there at 17? 

Just because random mock drafts on the internet had him being available it doesn’t mean he would have been available 

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

GTF, you think Bledsoe is our 3rd best player. You will sunshine pump anything our FO does. The idea that you wouldn't be sunshine pumping Giddey today is delusional. 

I know you are still butthurt over the Jonas trade.. so you will be on the attack for a minute.    I will allow you some more time to grieve out of Grizz fam respect.  

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

I know you are still butthurt over the Jonas trade.. so you will be on the attack for a minute.    I will allow you some more time to grieve out of Grizz fam respect.  

Do you still think Justise is good?  Like you told us for months.

Now you're already sunshine pumping that Adams will be better than Jonas. Lol.

And you actually ranked Bledsoe as the 3rd best player on our team!!!  That post should be pinned for posterity. Unbelievable. 

59 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Give me one then, mouth.  Just one I have missed on. You made the accusation. Just one? Or are you all BS? I think we know the answer. 

hey YOU named the guys you was right about...it was only 3 you named...so im just going by your numbers...you have a 3% talent evaluation career stat...lmao

and by your standard idc what you got right i only care about what you got wrong.

5 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

I’m so tired of people saying that. Maybe the people who actually get paid to do this had inside info that he wasn’t going to be there at 17? 

Just because random mock drafts on the internet had him being available it doesn’t mean he would have been available 

I have no idea what you're so tired of people saying. I said what I said. The draft is an inexact science. He was in the third tier along with 10-12 other guys and I think we could have selected any of those guys at 17 and been in the same position we are now. Some were a little more polished and some needed more development like Jalen Johnson, Keon Johnson and Williams. They are all 3rd tier guys to me and picking one over the other doesn't do anything for me.  If we were going to make a trade, move up to the first or second tier. Otherwise, you're just doing something just to do it and getting the same level of talent.

Got it. You think there is no way anyone should criticize anyone because they get paid to do it? SO I assume you agree 100% with everything the front office does, 100% with every thing every coach the Grizz has ever had has done and 100% that every player that the Grizz have had on the roster is perfect, They all get paid to do their jobs so we have no reason to question, challenge  or criticize them correct? Why even have a discussion board if people can't express their opinions even if that opinion disagrees with someone paid to do their job? That's what discussion boards are for. 

11 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have no idea what you're so tired of people saying. I said what I said. The draft is an inexact science. He was in the third tier along with 10-12 other guys and I think we could have selected any of those guys at 17 and been in the same position we are now. Some were a little more polished and some needed more development like Jalen Johnson, Keon Johnson and Williams. They are all 3rd tier guys to me and picking one over the other doesn't do anything for me.  If we were going to make a trade, move up to the first or second tier. Otherwise, you're just doing something just to do it and getting the same level of talent.

Got it. You think there is no way anyone should criticize anyone because they get paid to do it? SO I assume you agree 100% with everything the front office does, 100% with every thing every coach the Grizz has ever had has done and 100% that every player that the Grizz have had on the roster is perfect, They all get paid to do their jobs so we have no reason to question, challenge  or criticize them correct? Why even have a discussion board if people can't express their opinions even if that opinion disagrees with someone paid to do their job? That's what discussion boards are for. 

Your tiers don’t matter is the point . You have no idea where Williams was on teams draft boards

33 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Do you still think Justise is good?  Like you told us for months.

Now you're already sunshine pumping that Adams will be better than Jonas. Lol.

And you actually ranked Bledsoe as the 3rd best player on our team!!!  That post should be pinned for posterity. Unbelievable. 

stop the lies. 

I also like that both of his parents are from Military; so kinda safe to assume his work ethic praise is legit.

He really does check off all the 'Grizz Pick' boxes.

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I also like that both of his parents are from Military; so kinda safe to assume his work ethic praise is legit.

He really does check off all the 'Grizz Pick' boxes.

yeah he’s a high character kid and is super articulate. 

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

looking at our roster he might start next year...he really the only true sf on the team

ja/db/zw/slowmo/3js

he's too young and frail to start.  dillon is a true SF IMO anyway.

8 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

he's too young and frail to start.  dillon is a true SF IMO anyway.

I think kyle will continue starting.  Bane and Grayson will be weapons off the bench. 

Seem like a good character type who's willing to accept coaching.  He's a project.  Patience will be key.

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

looking at our roster he might start next year...he really the only true sf on the team

ja/db/zw/slowmo/3js

Dillon is most certainly a true SF. He's 6-7, I know his wingspan isn't great, but he can physically match up with pretty much any SF in the league. He started at SF almost the entire year as well. 

I feel like the plan might be to let Kyle play at PG if they don't plan on using Tyus and haven't found a replacement yet. One of Melton, Grayson, or Bane starts at SG. Brandon either might start at PF, or Kyle starts then gets subbed out early so he can play with the bench unit. Something like that. 

I'm not dogging the pick - I'm intrigued, mildly disappointed at this stage, but time will tell.

Having said that, if Ziaire is starting at any position next year then we are in trouble.

7 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Dillon is most certainly a true SF. He's 6-7, I know his wingspan isn't great, but he can physically match up with pretty much any SF in the league. He started at SF almost the entire year as well. 

I don’t think he rebounds well enough to be the 3. Especially next to Jaren