Jump to content
Ole Dirty Klondike

The Ziaire Williams Guide

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

O YEAH? ILL TELL U WAT U LITTLE [Edited by Toke: calm down Turbo]

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, My man Allen said:

You good. I’m expecting a Zaire Williams type turnaround from you 

Dropped my phone!

did not see this one coming!

Very well played!

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the guys drafted near ZW, excluding the top five players, he will be a better player than Kuminga and Moody IMO. I'm pretty confident about that. As always, could be wrong, but I think the FO made the right decision with him. On draft night I wanted Moody or Sengun and was disappointed, but I understand what they see in him, and it shows up on the court. Giddey has that thing though and Franz looks like a solid pro also, so I suspect they'll have better careers -  I also suspect the FO was really targeting Giddey or Wagner when they moved down. My guess is they simply knew that one of those three players would be available to them at 10, and had at least some chance of not being there at 17, or wherever we were picking.

ZW is a pro in this league that is very raw, but he showed flashes early, of which many posters ignored due to his deficiencies. That potential is now showing up on the court. It's going to be a process, and his growth won't be linear, but he's going to get there. By year four I think he can be a consistent 15ppg scorer with great playmaking, and the occasional game where he takes over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got some real potiential. As do Tillie for me. Both will have to find their shoot as 28% at 3 points in NBA  ( and 31% for Tillie) is far from enough. But he got energy and can be a good player if he can shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

He got some real potiential. As do Tillie for me. Both will have to find their shoot as 28% at 3 points in NBA  ( and 31% for Tillie) is far from enough. But he got energy and can be a good player if he can shoot.

Have they played together much?

ZW/Tillie look like a nice combo at the forward spots (at least on paper).  Although maybe you bring those guys off the bench (with Tyus and BC), and start Ja/Konchar/Bane/Jaren/Adams.  Maybe we should tighten the rotation, and that should pretty much be it (small ball 5 Tillie...) except for Slo Mo here and there, and Melton (if he can get his shot/timing back).  I might even give spot minutes to Jeffries/Tyrell Terry/Pons over Melton if DM can't get going soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Have they played together much?

ZW/Tillie look like a nice combo at the forward spots (at least on paper).  Although maybe you bring those guys off the bench (with Tyus and BC), and start Ja/Konchar/Bane/Jaren/Adams.  Maybe we should tighten the rotation, and that should pretty much be it (small ball 5 Tillie...) except for Slo Mo here and there, and Melton (if he can get his shot/timing back).  I might even give spot minutes to Jeffries/Tyrell Terry/Pons over Melton if DM can't get going soon....

I agree with you, a combo that may be tested. For me the main point the coach have to find out is to keep a good balance between offense and Defense. + not mixing the line-up too much as there is a cpl of minute where we do not have much people to score.

And the last point for me is to sit Melton much more as his shoot is reqlly too bad at the moment.

Totally agree with you about starting 5. Ja/Konchar/Bane/Jaren/Adams is the best option. Konchar is a much more better defender than Ziaire and he is better at scoring too. And Bane is not a good defender to be associate with Ziaire.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I agree with you, a combo that may be tested. For me the main point the coach have to find out is to keep a good balance between offense and Defense. + not mixing the line-up too much as there is a cpl of minute where we do not have much people to score.

And the last point for me is to sit Melton much more as his shoot is reqlly too bad at the moment.

Totally agree with you about starting 5. Ja/Konchar/Bane/Jaren/Adams is the best option. Konchar is a much more better defender than Ziaire and he is better at scoring too. And Bane is not a good defender to be associate with Ziaire.

 

 

 

Ja/Kon Man was the starting back court for a couple of games a few weeks ago.  Pretty sure Bane was at the 3.  Maybe we should start Adams at the 5 again. Or at least pick between Adams/BC based on matchups.  
 

With Melton struggling he’s not much of a bench piece X factor.  Tyus is still Tyus.... Tyus/ZW should come in for 2 of Ja/Bane/Konchar.  If we play more than a couple of bigs off the bench then limit their minutes:  8 each for Kyle/Tillman/Tillie.  
 

I think teams will start to get their main guys back, then they will tighten their rotations.  
 

We can go with Ja/Konchar/Bane/Jaren/Adams.  Bench mob of Tyus/ZW/Kyle/BC/Tillie.  Did Jaren get worn down playing the 5? If so, Adams is a much-needed enforcer.  Use Kyle as a Point Forward, let Tyus spot up more.  Should be a really effective bench mob.  Melton as the 11th man, but maybe only with Ja/Jaren and some of our other top guys.  Ja/Melton/Bane/BC/Jaren might be the best lineup for the struggling Melton.  Our best scorers/athletes with most of our top shooters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 5:10 PM, srmjr23 said:

Of the guys drafted near ZW, excluding the top five players, he will be a better player than Kuminga and Moody IMO. I'm pretty confident about that. As always, could be wrong, but I think the FO made the right decision with him. On draft night I wanted Moody or Sengun and was disappointed, but I understand what they see in him, and it shows up on the court. Giddey has that thing though and Franz looks like a solid pro also, so I suspect they'll have better careers -  I also suspect the FO was really targeting Giddey or Wagner when they moved down. My guess is they simply knew that one of those three players would be available to them at 10, and had at least some chance of not being there at 17, or wherever we were picking.

ZW is a pro in this league that is very raw, but he showed flashes early, of which many posters ignored due to his deficiencies. That potential is now showing up on the court. It's going to be a process, and his growth won't be linear, but he's going to get there. By year four I think he can be a consistent 15ppg scorer with great playmaking, and the occasional game where he takes over. 

He's going to be way better than both of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm looking at this through blue coloured glasses, but last night against Denver, I saw flashes on offense that reminded me of someone the brothers here always wanted - Brandon Ingram.

He had an impressive game, again. He is gaining winning experience, and is immersed in a winning culture. Jaren, and Ja didn't have that in their rookie year.

Stay injury free, keep eating, hit the weights, keep launching that 3 ball, this Kid is gonna be good. Hopefully quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m excited to see where his game will be next year. His playmaking and shooting should continue to improve and the experience he’s getting this year is invaluable. He’s playing within the system and has proven to be a solid contributor already despite how raw he is. He might be Dillon’s replacement in a few years if they can’t reach a reasonable extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is fun to watch and we know there's a lot more to come.

For now, alley oops are alway fun and he's another big time target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2022 at 12:04 AM, tangogriz said:

This guy is fun to watch and we know there's a lot more to come.

For now, alley oops are alway fun and he's another big time target.

He can hit those pretty good if you ask me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just looking back at the first 25 pages of this thread..........ya’ll mean to this guy?. I don’t know what Moody or Duarte have been doing of late, but ZW has made himself a contributor, I’m guessing he will be very good in two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After his time off earlier in the season he really seems to be processing the game a WHOLE lot better and not seeming completely overwhelmed by the situation.  Its a very positive sign for someone his age and at his development level!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shot falling better will bring trust in himself and from the guys. His height with the speed, quickness and court savvy bring good stuff to the speed up game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tangogriz said:

The shot falling better will bring trust in himself and from the guys. His height with the speed, quickness and court savvy bring good stuff to the speed up game.

His jumper dropping yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

His jumper dropping yet?

Sometimes it drops in, sometimes it drops out. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×