Ole Dirty Klondike

The Ziaire Williams Guide

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Chad Ford is a big believer in him, and has tangible knowledge about his rise up draft boards. Maybe it wasn't a reach at all.

I had a feeling that it was Tayshaun who was advocating for him. Can’t judge til he is on the floor

By the way, now that everybody has a raging arousal for Murphy...

As a freshman, Murphy, in Rice's games came off the bench 31 times and got to start one game.  He averaged 8.4 points and 2.6 rebounds.   They were 13-19 and finished 9th in C-USA.

Still not impressed.  

Just now, MEM GRYZ said:

He is our lanky KD

Has Ja's energy.

Can defend outside shooters.

Blocks with those long arms.

Grade: B

Same folks on here crapping on him due to his size.   Wanted us to trade for Brandon Ingram. 

20 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Low iq isn't really accurate persay 

Needs to become more focused on the defensive end … With the NBA transitioning into a game more dependent on three-point shooting, he will need to improve his perimeter consistency and shoot to his ability … 3.5 turnovers a game show a need to become a more judicious decision maker and passer …

Can work on limiting turnovers. Averaged 3.1 turnovers per game over the Nike EYBL in 2019 …

Sounds like he makes a lot of bad decisions with the ball

6 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

How much did everybody's new favorite player Trey Murphy weigh when he was 19?

Just now, bhoyal said:

By the way, now that everybody has a raging arousal for Murphy...

As a freshman, Murphy, in Rice's games came off the bench 31 times and got to start one game.  He averaged 8.4 points and 2.6 rebounds.   They were 13-19 and finished 9th in C-USA.

Still not impressed.  

Dude what are you talking about? This thread is about Ziaire Williams. Why do you keep bringing up Trey Murphy? I'm posting scouting reports and highlights of Ziaire Williams so that people are familiar with him and his game.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Same folks on here crapping on him due to his size.   Wanted us to trade for Brandon Ingram. 

Do you have evidence of this?

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Same folks on here thought Ivan Rabb and Kobi Simmons were the future of the franchise.  Those guys ended up making Wade Baldwin look like Devin Booker.

1 minute ago, bhoyal said:

Same folks on here thought Ivan Rabb and Kobi Simmons were the future of the franchise.  Those guys ended up making Wade Baldwin look like Devin Booker.

I mean, that's not fair. Baldwin wasn't really much better than those guys either.

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

On 7/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Was there no way we could have gotten Ingram?

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You said folks. Did you mean 1 person? Toke? I don't understand why people don't say people's names and call them out. That was 1 person, not folks.

29 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It’s on you. Prove him wrong

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You conveniently left off his reply there GTF:

His analysis was about selecting Williams at 17, not 10. It changes a lot.

Just now, Subliminal said:

It’s on you. Prove him wrong

You're slow. I already replied. You get 79 demerits.

In a vacuum I really do like him. I just think he went too high and we gave up too much for him. Hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You conveniently left off his reply there GTF:

His analysis was about selecting Williams at 17, not 10. It changes a lot.

Who cares were he projected him at??  Clearly everyone was wrong.  Keon was supposed to be a lottery pick and he dropped like a rock.   the point was the content not the draft spot. 

Just now, cdp said:

In a vacuum I really do like him. I just think he went too high and we gave up too much for him. Hope I'm wrong.

If it was 17, I would be fine. It's the fact that we made a trade to move up 7 slots to take a guy that many feel would have been there at 17.

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who cares were he projected him at??  Clearly everyone was wrong.  Keon was supposed to be a lottery pick and he dropped like a rock.   the point was the content not the draft spot. 

It gives context to the content. That was analysis of the 17th pick, not analysis of the 10th pick.

1 minute ago, cdp said:

I don't think we gave up much - honestly.   I like Adams fit better than Jonas.  Id rather develop Ziaire than FO resign or bring back Justise.   

46 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Chad Ford is a big believer in him, and has tangible knowledge about his rise up draft boards. Maybe it wasn't a reach at all.

Thank you for that Ford piece.  I had heard him discuss Zaire previously about the Covid situation.

I don't think people around here realize how bad things were in California and for him with COVID.

I think if he looks good in Vegas, that's a good sign.  If he looks weak and unimpressive, I think that is a problem.

To me, he's Kyle Anderson's replacement.  He gets a year with Kyle, and then I think they know whether or not to move on from KA or not.

9 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

It gives context to the content. That was analysis of the 17th pick, not analysis of the 10th pick.

Gary Parrish today listed Williams as being one of the top eleven picks in his opinion, while talking with Calkins. Calkins thought the pick would be either Wagner or Moody.

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Thank you for that Ford piece.  I had heard him discuss Zaire previously about the Covid situation.

I don't think people around here realize how bad things were in California and for him with COVID.

I think if he looks good in Vegas, that's a good sign.  If he looks weak and unimpressive, I think that is a problem.

To me, he's Kyle Anderson's replacement.  He gets a year with Kyle, and then I think they know whether or not to move on from KA or not.

That's logical.   Keep DB at SG and develop Zaire to take over in a year.         If they hit on Ziaire we can be really really good.