On 8/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, MEM GRYZ said:

Ziaire Williams is our KD.
Daniel Oturu is our Dennis Rodman.

C Oturu, Pons
PF JJJ, Clarke

SF Williams, Tillman
SG Culvert, Bane

PG Ja, Melton

I’m still trying to figure out the formula OKC used to lose KD, Harden, and Westbrook… 

I believe ja will have a tremendous impact upon his development. the concern about his shot selection is a legitimate one, but ja, jjj and db aren’t going to allow him to just come in jacking shots left and right. he needs court time and support, but if this kid hits….to the moon alice!

slim. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I’m still trying to figure out the formula OKC used to lose KD, Harden, and Westbrook… 

Westbrook taking 20 shots per game as a point guard probably didn't help.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:01 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Free agency, bad trade because they didn't want to pay Harden, and taking on CP3's contract in exchange for Westbrook. And Sam Presti is overrated. 

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Sam Presti is overrated would prob go first :D

I wonder how much he values picks over current players in this moment on their rebuild. I wish we would someway give them some colection of picks to get Bazley in return. 

On 9/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Ja_Rules said:

I wonder how much he values picks over current players in this moment on their rebuild. I wish we would someway give them some colection of picks to get Bazley in return. 

Why?  He shoots under 40% from the field, under 30% from three, only 70%  from the free throw stripe, doesn't appear to be much of a scorer or defender.  I'm seriously asking.  I haven't seen him play much, but I hear his name often, so someone must be impressed.  What is so good about him?

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why?  He shoots under 40% from the field, under 30% from three, only 70%  from the free throw stripe, doesn't appear to be much of a scorer or defender.  I'm seriously asking.  I haven't seen him play much, but I hear his name often, so someone must be impressed.  What is so good about him?

He is a young forward with great potential on both ends of the floor. They would probably dont trade him anyway. I was just saying that if they want as many picks as they can, maybe, just maybe, they would consider multiple picks in the same draft like we have. We give them 1 pick and 2 swaps. 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:58 AM, MEM GRYZ said:

SG Culvert, Bane

If we have Culvert maybe we should go after Bridges. 

21 hours ago, TimBC said:

Maybe Biden can work some salary cap relief for us into his infrastructure bill.

What I just noticed that is good about Ziaire is he stays in his lane. He makes quick decisions, doesn't stop the ball and doesn't force it. 

On 9/12/2021 at 11:09 AM, TimBC said:

9 hours ago, KyleB said:

Maybe Biden can work some salary cap relief for us into his infrastructure bill.

I got a good belly laugh out of these today.  :lol:

On 8/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, Subliminal said:

High time for a big board from @ALT GRIND, wouldn’t you say?

Ha!

I took a bit of time off from this board (basically for a month or two into 10/1 or so).  I haven't even done an internal draft board since 7/31.  Good class, not projecting us to get some awesome pick or anything but I DO like this upcoming draft class (I think).  '22 might be a bit underrated (compared to '21).

The theme for '22 might be GO BIG OR GO HOME.

... if I mentioned any of the '22 guys in another thread (or this thread) then I don't think my opinions will have changed much.  I also like some of the guys that either returned to school or pulled out of the draft -- and I have already talked about those dudes.

Maybe I will do a Halloween themed NBA Draft Board or at least a top 14 (lotto) edition.

Not sure who started the official 2021 draft thread last season (I started one of them, but maybe not the first one).

Let's play some legit NBA games and some college games first though!

Yeah, I might start the OFFICIAL 2022 NBA Draft thread on Halloween (10/31).  BUT, if anyone wants to do one first go for it!  I LOVE basketball research and deep dives, and I have always followed the draft.  

Big Board Lotto for Halloween and another around Christmas might be the only two that I post before March Madness/Final Four.  After that a 1st round edition then the FINAL Mother Of All Big Boards for 2022.

Last year at this time I had ZW and Yves Pons near the back half of my Draft Lotto.  I think they were 12 and 14 or something....

Im starting to get on the Williams bus. I just hope he can hit his shot more. 

13 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Im starting to get on the Williams bus. I just hope he can hit his shot more. 

That’s a short bus with not a lot of people on it right now 

Don't have great faith in this pick but I'm going to give this season a pass for him. 

If I hold any expectations he's going to be a huge disappointment. 

3 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Don't have great faith in this pick but I'm going to give this season a pass for him. 

If I hold any expectations he's going to be a huge disappointment. 

I haven't really figured him out yet.  I have a hunch that he could be a "two years away" type of player.

I think his solid upside case would be a Mike Miller type player which would be cool.  I don't see him as a high usage high octane guy.  Although I would be thrilled with a Steve Smith/Mike Miller hybrid.

16 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

That’s a short bus with not a lot of people on it right now 

Image result for ouch gif

ZW is weird because he moves pretty fluid and clean on the court and then you look at his stats and he was terrible. Like a boxer who's good on the mitts/bag but not in the ring

8 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

ZW is weird because he moves pretty fluid and clean on the court and then you look at his stats and he was terrible. Like a boxer who's good on the mitts/bag but not in the ring

He is lauded as a hard worker and intelligent guy.  So the hope is that eventually the skills will translate once his body matures.  Its a rational gamble. 

22 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He is lauded as a hard worker and intelligent guy.  So the hope is that eventually the skills will translate once his body matures.  Its a rational gamble. 

I am learning to trust this front office far more than previous ones when it comes to making moves. 

If this FO wanted to move up to 10 to get ZW then I have to believe they see something my eyes are missing. At least I hope so. 

25 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Gives me a bit of Cam Reddish vibes where the fluidity, shooting motion, moves all make it seem like he SHOULD be much better, but the results have yet to catch up.

I'm hopeful that with time he'll get it together - not expecting much from him this season, except a few games at least where he displays what it'll look like when everything is coming together for him. Then next season I hope he's a key contributor, and then 3rd season I'd hope he's at the point where he's starting for us.