GrizzTigerFan

No Love for Steven Adams???

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The trade isn’t official yet

Can we get JV back?

if not - im officially not interested

20 hours ago, lions said:

if you LOOK at JV stats before he was with the Grizzlies they were about the same stats  Steven Adams had  while he was with the thunder . this was a Great move 2 players and most of all one more first rounder . the grizzlies are looking for shooters . Adams should be a Double /double player with the Grizzlies 

I read somewhere during this week of information overload, that if the 1st round pick doesn't convey next year, that it turns into 2 second round picks. Can I get some clarification from this board's resident gurus?

I still don't see how picking up 2 overpriced players was a "great move". One is not even expected to suit up for the Grizzlies and one is looking like a 1-1.5 year rental. 

No way Adams is going to produce the double doubles that JV did.

11 minutes ago, GameOn said:

I read somewhere during this week of information overload, that if the 1st round pick doesn't convey next year, that it turns into 2 second round picks. Can I get some clarification from this board's resident gurus?

I still don't see how picking up 2 overpriced players was a "great move". One is not even expected to suit up for the Grizzlies and one is looking like a 1-1.5 year rental. 

No way Adams is going to produce the double doubles that JV did.

That's correct - it's the Lakers pick. New Orleans received it without protections when they made the Anthony Davis trade, but in trading it to us they applied the top-10 protection for it next year. If the pick ends up top 10, they keep the Lakers pick and they give us 2 second rounders in the future (though don't know the exact details of those second rounders).

We should all be rooting for the Lakers to end up with the 11th pick...then the FO can draft Ziaire Williams 2.0 and send the board into meltdown mode again ;) 

10 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

That's correct - it's the Lakers pick. New Orleans received it without protections when they made the Anthony Davis trade, but in trading it to us they applied the top-10 protection for it next year. If the pick ends up top 10, they keep the Lakers pick and they give us 2 second rounders in the future (though don't know the exact details of those second rounders).

We should all be rooting for the Lakers to end up with the 11th pick...then the FO can draft Ziaire Williams 2.0 and send the board into meltdown mode again ;) 

I don't think this board could handle another meltdown like last night. Man it was wild!!!

SA is going to be an animal for us. He really is a memphis type of player. Our defense has improved a ton 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, grizzgolf said:

SA is going to be an animal for us. He really is a memphis type of player. Our defense has improved a ton 

More than one SA on the team now.  Gotta start being specific.  So you think Santi's defense is that good???:o

:lol:

On 7/29/2021 at 1:01 PM, Ethan7 said:

I have wanted Steven Adams on this team for a long time. Probably the toughest player in the league. He will fit right in. 

He shoots FT's like a tough guy type.  44% last season.  That has got to improve or he can't be in a close game late.

12 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I guess no love for Jontay Porter either.  He didn't get a goodbye thread after he was cut.

I guess that means you really didn’t have any love for him because you took the time to write this but didn’t make a Porter appreciation thread 🙁

18 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I guess that means you really didn’t have any love for him because you took the time to write this but didn’t make a Porter appreciation thread 🙁

Hey, ain't started a thread in over ten years so far.  Why start now?  Besides, what about the 100,000 post rule?

I'm really looking forward to Adams on our side.

In the current league, when you find a definition of "basketball brute strength force" there's a picture of Steven Adams beside it.

And not just force, his trickery on ZBo may have won a playoff series.

And as others more knowledgeable than me have said, he is probably better suited to our path forward.

In keeping with the 3J way, he won't play late, mate.

Welcome aboard. I respect big guys and I hope you find a home here for a long time.

I'm hoping his decline has more to do with being on the pelicans than age and wear, he might be better than what he showed in N.O., if so this could get interesting

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

I'm hoping his decline has more to do with being on the pelicans than age and wear, he might be better than what he showed in N.O., if so this could get interesting

He was just a horrible fit in NO. Dude is only 28. He’s going to be an instant fan favorite. 

1 hour ago, Ace-is-high said:

He's had a series of knee/leg injuries throughout his career, but hopefully he can come in healthy and this will be a better fit for him.

1 hour ago, Ethan7 said:

He was just a horrible fit in NO. Dude is only 28. He’s going to be an instant fan favorite. 

I agree he was always a respected defender and role guy. 

4 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

It's true.  He's a pretty good fit here.   He complements JJJ pretty well.  3J can be the sexy scoring, switchable unicorn and Adams can be the gritty interior defender.  Don't like his fit with BC though.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Our pregame routine could use a haka

That’d be two technicals, ejection and 5-game suspension for taunting in the NBA. 

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

That’d be two technicals, ejection and 5-game suspension for taunting in the NBA. 

Lol haha