Grizzled Vet

Prediction 3 of 5: Player drafted

This will be the highest drafted player the Grizzlies bring to camp.  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. The draft pick is ...

• Cade C, Evan Mobley, Jalen Green, Jalen Suggs, or Scottie Barnes
    • Jonathan Kuminga
    • James Bouknight
    • Josh Giddey
    • Franz Wagner
    • Moses Moody
    • Davion Mitchell or Corey Kispert or Alperen Sengun or Chris Duarte or Usman Garuba
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/21 at 12:05 AM

20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Gut is saying it's Giddey, and I'm all for it.

So you are ahem....giddy for Giddey?

In some ways, if we don't take Moody, I kind of want an international player (Giddey, Kuminga, Wagner) over the available U.S. born and raised players.

12 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

In some ways, if we don't take Moody, I kind of want an international player (Giddey, Kuminga, Wagner) over the available U.S. born and raised players.

Giddy for Giddey.

Moody about Moody.

Hopefully at 40 we have Vrenz in low places!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You know, me too.

A generalization, but the int'l guys seem more loyal. Not as intent on getting to the big markets. Giannis in Milwaukee, Jokic in Denver. Marc was always happy here until it made sense on both sides to rebuild. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

You know, me too.

A generalization, but the int'l guys seem more loyal. Not as intent on getting to the big markets. Giannis in Milwaukee, Jokic in Denver. Marc was always happy here until it made sense on both sides to rebuild. 

Exactly. I mean, there may be some Hollywood ones here and there (people in Dallas are worried about Luka and his hot mama fleeing to NY or LA) but in general, they seem more humble and appreciative whereas a lot of U.S. born and raised players seemed more entitled (even if their skillsets don't warrant it). I think Moody would be fine at that spot though. 

Green/Mobley represent the PRIMARY archetypes in this draft.

Giddey/Cade the SECONDARY archtypes.

Trey at 5 (on my board) for 3 and D Moneyball Kawhi.

Then a mini run on mini point guards...  with Mitchell/Jason Pretson/Cooper

Vrenz at 9.  Jericho Sims as the top rim runner/rim protector in this draft at 10.

Toolsy defensive-minded wings who can also stretch the floor a bit at 11-13 (Grimes/Moody/McBride).

Followed by high floor types with solid baselines/ceilings but possibly tweeners than pure-play positional archetypes: Suggs/Wagner/Jalen Johnson.  Then... EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!!

41 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Kuminga's kind of interesting since he came over here for high school. 

Unless we trade up its Moody

6 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Unless we trade up its Moody

Unless Giddy is gone…

22 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I'd be good with Moody.

I voted with my heart for Moody, hoping against hope he'll be available at 10.  If he's gone, we might be stuck with Giddey, aka "young white slo-mo" and I reserve the right to be the one who issued that nickname if we draft him.  Also I was the first who said Moody is the next Rip Hamilton, so there's that.

At 40?  Shake Milton.

Wait.  That ship already sailed.

I'm officially changing my 2nd round pick to Kessler Edwards at 40.  He's multi-versatile.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Giddy for Giddey.

Moody about Moody.

Hopefully at 40 we have Vrenz in low places!!!!!!!

Haha.  Good one.  I hope I'll be in a goody moody.

7 hours ago, The J Crew said:

In Hawaii, right? Doesn't he own a weed farm?

Rumor is he plays poker with dead people.

5 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

ABC and ESPN both are doing coverage, and both have too many people covering it.

ESPN is more of the basketball side, and ABC seems like it is the human interest side.

ESPN Coverage (8 people)

Rece Davis will return to host ESPN's coverage with an expert panel of commentators, including analysts Jay Bilas and Kendrick Perkins, and NBA Draft analyst Mike Schmitz. Senior NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski will provide trade reports, breaking news updates and team insight throughout the night. ESPN's coverage will also include commentary and analysis from NBA Front Office Insider Bobby Marks, host Rachel Nichols and analyst Richard Jefferson.

ABC Coverage (5 people)

Kevin Negandhi will host the NBA Draft on ABC alongside NBA analysts Jalen Rose and Chiney Ogwumike and NBA reporter Malika Andrews. The panel will celebrate the journeys of the prospects as they arrive on the biggest stage in basketball. Andrews will conduct one-on-one interviews with draftees following each team's Draft selection. Miles Brown, actor/rapper/dancer and star of ABC's "black-ish," will provide 'back stage' access as an ABC Draft Correspondent.

Too many cooks

This is overkill. These intros are overkill. Just give me the analysis and the picks and I'm good. At least Maria Taylor won't be their trying to make the draft picks drum up some deep emotions and making them cry.

Congrats to those who selected "Others".  Although, the prediction really isn't over until training camp, you have to feel good about the pick.