Jump to content
The J Crew

NBA changes foul rules for non-basketball moves

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You mean flopping like this last season? 

I said reduced. Not eliminated. 
 

And, Taylor could have challenged that and reversed the call. As usual, he did nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The J Crew said:

I said reduced. Not eliminated. 

Flopping has been reduced by some players. Not LeBron and the like. Same will be true on this new rule change (which is strange considering it was never allowed in the rules before). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Flopping has been reduced by some players. Not LeBron and the like. Same will be true on this new rule change (which is strange considering it was never allowed in the rules before). 

And LeBron was warned for that flop. Which is the first step leading to fines. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30895017/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-kyle-kuzma-warned-nba-violating-anti-flopping-rule%3fplatform=amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Didn't change the outcome of the play or the game. The refs didn't call him for flopping. It wasn't until the replay was shown all over the internet that the league had to make a decision. 

I hope you are correct but until I see the call made against the players who do this "against" the Grizzlies I will be skeptical. I fully expect it to be called on the Grizzlies from the start of the season however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

You mean flopping like this last season? 

This is why he will never be the goat, at least not to anybody old enough to have seen Jordan in his prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Flopping has been reduced by some players. Not LeBron and the like. Same will be true on this new rule change (which is strange considering it was never allowed in the rules before). 

I disagree. And I think you will be happily surprised. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KyleB said:

This is why he will never be the goat, at least not to anybody old enough to have seen Jordan in his prime.

Totally agree, the Last Dance killed his chance also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great teams beat great players but I can understand your side of the argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, The J Crew said:

And, Taylor could have challenged that and reversed the call. As usual, he did nothing. 

Thanks for reminding me!

Has anyone ever asked him for his decision(s) to repeatedly not challenge clearly challengeable ( it’s a word now) calls ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, chipc3 said:

Great teams beat great players but I can understand your side of the argument. 

Several years ago, I read one of Russell's inspirational books, and it had a couple of chapters on Chamberlain. One of Russel's points was that the key to beating Wilt's team was mostly psychological.

You wanted to make Wilt uncomfortable during the game (on defense, beat him down court to his favorite spots, while on offense, dragging him around the court into screens and picks that he had to fight through) but you didn't want to make him angry. Uncomfortable Wilt would be a little off, and might have a sub par game, which meant his teammates would have to beat you. Like Chip says, Wilt's team was not as good as the Celtics. But an angry Wilt would raise his game to the next level and beat you by himself.

Chamberlain and Russell are the first two faces on my basketball Mt. Rushmore. Wilt was the greatest individual player of all time, while Bill was the greatest winner and team player. LBJ isn't good enough to even wash their jocks, let alone carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2021 at 1:01 AM, Wells said:

Chamberlain and Russell are the first two faces on my basketball Mt. Rushmore. Wilt was the greatest individual player of all time, while Bill was the greatest winner and team player. LBJ isn't good enough to even wash their jocks, let alone carry them.

I think LBJ is a great player as well. He won a lot when he played on teams with great players and he won a lot with teams that had lousy players. I try my best to disassociate his statements from his play when discussing his greatness. LBJ isn't a very likable star but he is a tremendous talent and I wouldn't want to upset him if I was playing against him in his prime. Irritate him is fine but don't make him want to take over the game because he could in his prime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did want to bring up the foul changes. Last night Kyle got his defender in the air, went up for a shot, and they changed a foul call into a jump ball on review. I think that's crap and an unintended outcome of this rule. If the defender is exposed like that, why are you at fault if you get fouled? The rule was imposed to stop guys like Trae Young from get a defender on his back and jumping backwards into him, not drawing fouls at all. 

They also said they wanted to improve the pace of play by not reviewing out of bounds plays, but then they are just going to replace them with 3 minutes reviews for every possible unnatural shot motion play? That makes no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I did want to bring up the foul changes. Last night Kyle got his defender in the air, went up for a shot, and they changed a foul call into a jump ball on review. I think that's crap and an unintended outcome of this rule. If the defender is exposed like that, why are you at fault if you get fouled? The rule was imposed to stop guys like Trae Young from get a defender on his back and jumping backwards into him, not drawing fouls at all. 

They also said they wanted to improve the pace of play by not reviewing out of bounds plays, but then they are just going to replace them with 3 minutes reviews for every possible unnatural shot motion play? That makes no sense. 

I thought it hilarious when the announcers were saying it was an 'unnatural shooting motion'.  Clearly they don't watch Kyle on a nightly basis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I did want to bring up the foul changes. Last night Kyle got his defender in the air, went up for a shot, and they changed a foul call into a jump ball on review. I think that's crap and an unintended outcome of this rule. If the defender is exposed like that, why are you at fault if you get fouled? The rule was imposed to stop guys like Trae Young from get a defender on his back and jumping backwards into him, not drawing fouls at all. 

They also said they wanted to improve the pace of play by not reviewing out of bounds plays, but then they are just going to replace them with 3 minutes reviews for every possible unnatural shot motion play? That makes no sense. 

I don't think it was a referee initiated review.  Didn't CHA challenge that?  I get your point though, and it very well may turn out that way..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I don't think it was a referee initiated review.  Didn't CHA challenge that?  I get your point though, and it very well may turn out that way..

I don't know, I didn't see them challenge it, but I have to assume it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×