Grizzhype

New Official 2022 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

One mock has LaRavia going to the Chicago Bulls.

Is he Rusty LaRue 2.0?

No.  He's not.

I'm seeing more Dalen Terry at 22 and Laravia at 29 than ever before this morning in the final mocks.

#47 predictions are all over the map.  No consensus.  Not close.  Foster Jr. might be good. Wasn't too familiar with him until today but the guy is an elite athlete.  Might be more valuable at 47 than a guard like Pippen or Boo-Yay.  But then it would be important to pick up a Pippen or Boo-Yay type guard as an UFA.

14 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I know we worked out Dalen Terry, Jalen Williams, Jake LaRavia, and Tari Eason. It seems like most of the ones you posted would be more in play for the 47th pick, except for Beauchamp. I'm sure we've worked out more guys as well, but those 4 I know we've looked at as well. 

Yeah, I was listening to the Chris Vernon podcast and he provided Rookie Wire. Looks like our list is one of the shortest list in the league. Just based on those names, I was wondering if we were leaning towards trading out (which I actually prefer at this moment

14 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/23/kyle-kuzma-kentavious-caldwell-pope-available-in-trade-talks/

Kuzma is available. A Tyus sign and trade makes a lot of sense, though they might try to get Brogdon. We could still get it done without Tyus.

I really like Brogdon and have for years. My only concerns would be a)his salary, b) would he be fine with coming off of the bench? and c) his health. Do we really want to spend $20 mil plus a year for a backup? If we want to be a contender, probably yes. It would come down to either him or Bane as the starter cause I don't think neither can play SF. Brogdon can play PG but obviously, we have thats lot filled so he would be an off the bench guy for me.Kuz is fine and I would offer the MLE to Oladipo as well. He has had enough time to get his rhythm back.

25 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Terry/Beauchamp would work.  Two of the higher rated guards/wings on my board.  Terry at 3 and Beauchamp around 12 I think (although I had MarJon in the 2-5 range about a week ago, and am thinking I have him too low).

Tari Eason looks fundamentally undisciplined.  All over the place.  Got great size/length for a 3 -- but he's a power forward.

IF we can't trade up BIG TIME for Shaedon Sharpe, I also like Nikola Jovic.  Koloko looks good too.

Tari Eason is certainly raw, but he's just got a huge upside. At worst I view him like Patrick Williams, but I could see him being like scottie Barnes. Infectious competitiveness on a big time athlete, he just makes plays on both sides of the ball. 

17 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I really like Brogdon and have for years. My only concerns would be a)his salary, b) would he be fine with coming off of the bench? and c) his health. Do we really want to spend $20 mil plus a year for a backup? If we want to be a contender, probably yes. It would come down to either him or Bane as the starter cause I don't think neither can play SF. Brogdon can play PG but obviously, we have thats lot filled so he would be an off the bench guy for me.Kuz is fine and I would offer the MLE to Oladipo as well. He has had enough time to get his rhythm back.

I didn't mean us trading for Brogdon, I was talking about the Wizards trading for him and not needing Tyus at that point. Sorry for the confusion. 

35 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

KOC with a Grizz update today in his mock draft on The Ringer:

Would you take on the Fournier contract (2 years/$39M left, 3rd year is a team option) and #22 to move up to #11?

If I'm 100% sure Tyus and Kyle want out, and I think there are only like 12-13 difference makers in this draft, I guess this makes sense?

We're also a competently run organization now, so maybe you buy low on some rotation pieces from the Knicks and put them in better positions to succeed, like Steven Adams last year.

I would hate to dump Melton in this scenario, but maybe he's expressing a desire for more minutes too.

44 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

KOC with a Grizz update today in his mock draft on The Ringer:

Would you take on the Fournier contract (2 years/$39M left, 3rd year is a team option) and #22 to move up to #11?

I would, him or Burks + Noel. I wonder if they are targeting Williams or Eason.

PS.: I prefer to trade for Burks + Noel.

13 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I would, him or Burks + Noel. I wonder if they are targeting Williams or Eason.

PS.: I prefer to trade for Burks + Noel.

Me too. Burks at least. But I’m assuming the Knicks want to get off of the Fournier contract since it has multiple years. 

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

Banchero is the favorite to go first now. I wonder what changed

The draft bigshot (one of them) on ESPN said about 20 minutes ago, he's still in the Smith 1st /  Banchero 3rd camp.

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Come on Orlando. Don’t let the Lakers buy their way out of their trade failures. 

Possible Lakers target at 35:

Trevion Williams - Purdue 

Power forward 6-10/255

Recently was brought in for a workout

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

There aren't a lot of 2nd rounders that are going to provide the aid that fixes what ails the Lakers this first year.

Probably true. 

Otoh, Draymond Green, PJ Tucker, DeAndre Jordan and PJ Tucker all were drafted 35th. Herb Jones last year. And our own Xavier Tillman in ‘20. 

And as a confirmed Lakers hater, it gives them access to cheap talent, which they need because their LeBron, AD, Westbrook “Big 3” super maxes are a salary cap disaster. 

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Power forward 6-10/255

He looks solid.  Slimmed down a bit.

Could be a good fit for the Grizzlies too.

7 hours ago, Thegoodguys said:

What exactly does Sharpe do that Mathurin can't? I'd 100% go Mathurin because he has proved it against better competition. 

Like Shaedon's elite fluidity -- major indicator of future shot-creator. But Benny Mac would be juuuuuust fine with me.

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Me too. Burks at least. But I’m assuming the Knicks want to get off of the Fournier contract since it has multiple years. 

The last year is a team option

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Power forward 6-10/255

He has GREAT passing skills for a big guy but other than that, just another solid looking huge guy I suppose.  

Must have had a great workout in L A and showed something others didn't see.

Just now, bhoyal said:

He has GREAT passing skills for a big guy but other than that, just another solid looking huge guy I suppose.  

Must have had a great workout in L A and showed something others didn't see.

He looked pretty good at the combine.  Might be a nice fit next to Jaren inside.  I think he could be in the discussion at 29.  I want an "upside" wing/guard (or Jovic) at 22 (or in a 22/plus trade up).

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

He looked pretty good at the combine.  Might be a nice fit next to Jaren inside.  I think he could be in the discussion at 29.  I want an "upside" wing/guard (or Jovic) at 22 (or in a 22/plus trade up).

If the Lakers are trading up to take him at 35 and we can screw that up.... HAHAHAHA!!!!!  😀

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

If the Lakers are trading up to take him at 35 and we can screw that up.... HAHAHAHA!!!!!  😀

Just to mess up their plans?  Sure!

Still a good prospect.  Can plug/play next to Jaren.  Trevion is a good passer so I guess that would make him somewhat of a Kyle Anderson insurance policy (also drafting over Xavier Tillman).

Wasn't really a big fan of Trevion Williams but his advanced stats looked pretty good and then he looked solid (and trimmer) at the draft combine.  He MIGHT also be big enough to play some small ball 5.  He was basically the backup center at Purdue anyway.

Who we rollin with tonight? Give me Duren, Branham or Eason if we move up. Jovic, Hardy, Beauchamp, Lavaria or Terry if we stay at 22/29.

Minott at 47 I guess, but it's a crapshoot at that point.