Grizzhype

New Official 2022 Grind City Draft Thread & Lottery Picks Watch!

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Good find.  He looks like a guy we could scoop with our 2nd rd pick if need be.    

I wouldn’t trust the mocks he could easily go first round with a good combine 47 is really low if I were them I’d look to pick up a pg with that pick and put him on a two way

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think Jaden Hardy or Blake Wesley would fit you combo guard role. Hardy I probably has the better shooting touch but Wesley is bigger and longer 6’5 with a 6’11 wingspan.

Yea i am good with either of them too.  

what do you think of this kid? 

Tankathon has us taking  at 22 ' Kendall Brown,   at 29 Blake Wesley and at 47 Khalifa Diop.       Those three picks literally address all of our skillset needs (Big Wing, Scoring Combo and Athletic Rim Protector).   

I would look at the guy that got Ja noticed Tevin Brown 

3 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Minott the guy who averaged 6 and 4 for a not very good Memphis team?

Yeah he looks great

Clearly you never actually saw him play. Penny barely played him, he preferred Dandridge who he had coached at East. The way Penny handled Minott was one of the most frustrating aspects of the season for me. When he played he looked dominant at times. He has a great motor, incredible length, and is a high level athlete and is underrated as a passer and a rebounder, he does both very well, with a little development he could be the steal of the draft. If he is there at 47 it would be dumb not to take him. The only red flag for me is that its rumored the reason Penny didn't play him was because he and his dad think he is a small forward and Penny thought of him as a power forward/small ball center, I agree with Penny on that. He could be developed into a combo forward but I think he is best suited right now to playing power forward.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, KyleB said:

Clearly you never actually saw him play. Penny barely played him, he preferred Dandridge who he had coached at East. The way Penny handled Minott was one of the most frustrating aspects of the season for me. When he played he looked dominant at times. He has a great motor, incredible length, and is a high level athlete and is underrated as a passer and a rebounder, he does both very well, with a little development he could be the steal of the draft. If he is there at 47 it would be dumb not to take him. The only red flag for me is that its rumored the reason Penny didn't play him was because he and his dad think he is a small forward and Penny thought of him as a power forward/small ball center, I agree with Penny on that. He could be developed into a combo forward but I think he is best suited right now to playing power forward.

Yeah he will be a great 2nd round pick for someone, hope its us. His upside is really up there. Kid reminds me off a smaller Giannis the way he runs the floor. Needs to work on this defense and perimeter shot but this kid is legit long, smooth and runs like a deer. If I've heard one complaint it is that he may not be a gym rat. Btw he is highly intelligent. I think he will be really good in a couple of years. Penny misused him imo.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, KyleB said:

I saw him play plenty. Athletic as hell but raw, can't shoot, tonly scores around rim.

Just an athlete right now, there's a million guys like him out there.

If the Grizz keep that 47th or a pic in the second round they need to draft Gabe Brown from Michigan St.

They missed out on Herb Jones last year but the basketball gods are giving them a second chance with Brown. A 6’8 3-D wing with a 7’0 wingspan. 

the Grizz need long wing defenders and just longer guys in general the playoffs proves that in both series. I’m not advocating for anyone else with that second round pick he’s the guy they need to go after.

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Trade before draft night:

DB + Melton + 29th + 47th for Hayward + 13rd and 15th.

I see some pretty good talent avaliable in that range.

Watching these playoffs do you really think two more rookies would have helped us get over the hump?

12 minutes ago, TigerPawr said:

Its addition by subtraction

I understand that but with that proposed trade you move Dillon and Melton and add Hayward 13-15 

You lose Dillon, Melton, and Kyle will be gone so who exactly is gonna play defense on the perimeter Bane ZW and two rookies?😳🤔

im not opposed to moving Dillon and Melton but I don’t think moving up in the draft should be the reason we are moving them. 

Id want to move them in two separate deals 

something like

Brooks Tille and 22 to ATL for Huerter and 16

That way we can slide Huerter to the bench move ZW up in the starting spot then swapping picks to 16 might land us Tari Eason who is probably our best bet to replace Dillon’s defense. Moving Tille opens up a roster spot for us and gives them a shooter to replace Huerter.

you still have Melton that you can move for a bigger 3-D wing and the 29th pick as well as the second rounder. 

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

If the Grizz keep that 47th or a pic in the second round they need to draft Gabe Brown from Michigan St.

They missed out on Herb Jones last year but the basketball gods are giving them a second chance with Brown. A 6’8 3-D wing with a 7’0 wingspan. 

the Grizz need long wing defenders and just longer guys in general the playoffs proves that in both series. I’m not advocating for anyone else with that second round pick he’s the guy they need to go after.

I had not heard of him before. I like him a lot. We absolutely need big 3&D wings. Those type of players are up and down every roster of teams still in the playoffs and we don't have a single one on this team at this point. We have some nice 3&D guards in Melton, Konchar, and kinda Bane depending on how good of a defender you think he is, but no big wings that can do it.

Also 3&D is so much more valuable than defenders that can't shoot. There's a reason Culver and Winslow never got playing time on this team. People just give them the Draymond treatment and don't guard them at all.

We don't have to settle for defenders that can't shoot in this draft either. Guys like Champagnie and Gabe Brown are older so people aren't as excited about them, but they can absolutely fill that role. Heck Cam Johnson was older than both of them and he went in the lottery to fill the same role but everybody views that as a great pick after the fact.

On 5/14/2022 at 7:35 AM, Ndq0327 said:

Watching these playoffs do you really think two more rookies would have helped us get over the hump?

We are not ready to go over the hump, we are two years away. Next year will be tougher than this year, so I say if we make to WCF will be already amazing.

If coach could turn into a sixthman I would keep him, but since I dont believe it will happen, its why I said go after Hayward and move up to get more talent. This is type of trade you can make because Hornets are paying too much and he is injury prone, so he cant handle a bigger role like he is now. Being a 18-24 minutes game guy of the bench is totally different than be a starter

I want to add as much size as possible, that is why I like Eason/Daniels/Brown, 6'8" and great defenders, they cant shoot, but I believe we can devolop them into it. Agbaji can be DB replacement, but he actually is a great shooter and has IQ, he is like another Bane out there with a bit more size and athleticism. Duren I doubt will be there, but if he falls you draft him and move Adams.

Lets say Duren/Daniels gets draft in the top 10 and Eason falls. Go Agbaji and Eason, resign Tyus, Adams and Ja. I would throw Tyus 36~40mil for 3 years; 24 mil for 2 + years to Adams and Ja gets everything.

2023 Playoffs:

Ja/Tyus

Bane/Agbaji 

Ziaire/Hayward

Jaren/Eason

Adams/Clarke

Konchar/Tillie/Santi/Tillman if necessary.

PS.: If we are able to get someone better than Hayward and move up in the draft Im all for it, or move Melton + DB and keep 22/29, but that idea I propose is kind what they did with the JV x Adams trade.

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

We are not ready to go over the hump, we are two years away. Next year will be tougher than this year, so I say if we make to WCF will be already amazing.

If coach could turn into a sixthman I would keep him, but since I dont believe it will happen, its why I said go after Hayward and move up to get more talent. This is type of trade you can make because Hornets are paying too much and he is injury prone, so he cant handle a bigger role like he is now. Being a 18-24 minutes game guy of the bench is totally different than be a starter

I want to add as much size as possible, that is why I like Eason/Daniels/Brown, 6'8" and great defenders, they cant shoot, but I believe we can devolop them into it. Agbaji can be DB replacement, but he actually is a great shooter and has IQ, he is like another Bane out there with a bit more size and athleticism. Duren I doubt will be there, but if he falls you draft him and move Adams.

Lets say Duren/Daniels gets draft in the top 10 and Eason falls. Go Agbaji and Eason, resign Tyus, Adams and Ja. I would throw Tyus 36~40mil for 3 years; 24 mil for 2 + years to Adams and Ja gets everything.

2023 Playoffs:

Ja/Tyus

Bane/Agbaji 

Ziaire/Hayward

Jaren/Eason

Adams/Clarke

PS.: If we are able to get someone better than Hayward and move up in the draft Im all for it, or move Melton + Melton and keep 22/29, but that idea I propose is kind what they did with the JV x Adams trade.

I’d do a similar trade with ATL for either Bogdonavic or Kevin Huerter im not sure which one they like more but I think both can give you more than Hayward.

Something like Dillon Tille and 22 for Huerter and 16

Or Dillon Tillman Melton and  22, 29 for Bogdonavic and Jalen Johnson and 16

12 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I saw him play plenty. Athletic as hell but raw, can't shoot, tonly scores around rim.

Lol, hyperbole I suppose but no there's not a million guys out there just like him. I'm confident the Grizz  front office will draft well but whoever picks this kid up for a 2nd round pick will pay huge dividends. He is more than a athlete. His height and wingspan alone separates himself from most college basketball players. He is going to be a very good NBA 3D wing imo.

Regardless we need some help inside. JJJ is soft. I love Adams but this team missed Jonas scoring range.  We need to re-sign Tyus.

Brooks, Melton, Anderson are all on the table imo and should net us a considerable return if we deal them.

Ja and Bane are legit, JJJ should continue to get better but it is frustrating to watch a 6'11" big man  collect 4 rebounds in 39 minutes of an elimination game. Just weak. Don't see how we can let go of Adams right now. Tillman ain't all that.

Williams and Clarke look like keepers. 

Our rebounding in the playoffs was terrible. This should be our #1 point of emphasis in the draft imo closely followed by another legit scorer. 

20 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

There is nothing special about him. Just Tiger homerism here.

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Tevin Brown at 47?  Maybe.  A Rip Hamilton type. Maybe.  Low risk/decent reward situation.

And he has a very good relationship with Ja 

20 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

2023 Playoffs:

Ja/Tyus

Bane/Agbaji 

Ziaire/Hayward

Jaren/Eason

Adams/Clarke

PS.: If we are able to get someone better than Hayward and move up in the draft Im all for it, or move Melton + Melton and keep 22/29, but that idea I propose is kind what they did with the JV x Adams trade.

I wouldnt mind moving Melt

Give me Jalen Williams with either first rounder. He's 6'6" with a 7' wingspan. Shot over 50% from the floor, 39.6% from 3, averaged 18.5 ppg and 4.2 assists per game as well. He's a pretty solid defender as well. 

He's truly a combo guard, as he can legitimately run the point, while also being an off-ball threat. He's exactly what we need. 

Him and Kendall brown would be the prefect draft to me. Brown would be a great combo forward with defensive tenacity we need. Wish brown was a better shooter, but he has a decent form at least. You can teach his athleticism though, and he wouldn't have to have a huge role next year out of the gate. Williams could play 1-3 and brown could play 3/4. 

11 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Give me Jalen Williams with either first rounder. He's 6'6" with a 7' wingspan. Shot over 50% from the floor, 39.6% from 3, averaged 18.5 ppg and 4.2 assists per game as well. He's a pretty solid defender as well. 

He's truly a combo guard, as he can legitimately run the point, while also being an off-ball threat. He's exactly what we need. 

Him and Kendall brown would be the prefect draft to me. Brown would be a great combo forward with defensive tenacity we need. Wish brown was a better shooter, but he has a decent form at least. You can teach his athleticism though, and he wouldn't have to have a huge role next year out of the gate. Williams could play 1-3 and brown could play 3/4. 

That does sound like a pretty good combo if we stay were we are at.   if Tyus isn't gonna be back; i really really want a combo with real scoring potential.   Because like it or not Ja's injury history is kinda worrisome.   So if he is out some games i want a better off dribble scoring threat available than Dillon (no duh).  

29 minutes ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

All this talk about good potential players has me thinking - who are the ultimate red flag players in the draft? Basically, who would you put money on being the busts. 

Andrew Nembhard