Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Grizzlies

[Vecenie] Murphy and Jaden Springer are the two names I’ve heard most for Memphis at No. 17, although they are thought to be one of the teams to have explored moving up.

From the latest Athletic Mock Draft.

1. Memphis Grizzlies

Trey Murphy | 6-9 wing | 21 years old, junior | Virginia

The player: A tailor-made 3-and-D fit for today’s NBA. Murphy hit 43.3 percent from 3 and 92.7 percent from the foul line this past season at 6-foot-9. He has extremely clean mechanics that project exceedingly well toward success at the next level. But more than that, he’s also a strong defender who moves his feet well and can slide to cut off penetration from opposing drivers. He’s switchable onto perimeter players right now, and as he keeps getting stronger — he’s a late bloomer physically who was 5-foot-8 as a freshman in high school — he has some potential to slide up the lineup defensively. He’s a name I’ve heard a lot of enthusiasm about from teams as we near the draft.

The fit: There has been arguably no more successful team in the draft in recent years than the Grizzlies. Murphy and Jaden Springer are the two names I’ve heard most for Memphis at No. 17, although they are thought to be one of the teams to have explored moving up. Murphy tick a lot of the boxes as a plus-character guy for an organization that genuinely cares about it, along with being a high-level floor spacer and defender to put next to Ja Morant, who we all know will be the creative driving force in Memphis for the foreseeable future.

submitted by /u/Remdawg
[link] [comments]

View the full article on Reddit.com