Sign in to follow this  
BigHunkALove

The future of the Grizzlies - next step

4 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Melton wasn't really getting playing time until injuries

Can got plenty of playing time and was so bad they had to make it seem like he had an I jury

9 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Can got plenty of playing time and was so bad they had to make it seem like he had an I jury

Maybe, I'm just saying Melton wasn't really getting pt

Sign Lonzo Ball, Nerlens Noel, Jeff Green, and Jarrett Jack.  Toolsy young(ish) vets and old grizzled vets who are all relatively low-usage but also really good role players.

Trade Tyus/Grayson for cash/second rounders/bench junk.  Don't resign Justise Winslow.  

Shop Melton/BC for a solid "piece" or a middling first rounder.

I actually think some Knicks dudes would work here and then some of our dudes might be better fits in the Big Apple.

Tyus/Melton/BC/Grayson Allen/17/51/protected future first round pick/cash for 19, 21, 32, and 58 and Obi Toppin.  

Draft "upside" guys preferably SHOOTERS -- preferably shooters with LENGTH but above all -- SHOOTERS.

Starters: Ja/Lonzo/Dillon/Jaren/JV

6th man: Desmond Bane

7th man: Slo Mo

8th man: Xavier Tillman

Bench Mob: Jarrett Jack/Konchar/Jeff Green/Obi Toppin/Nerlens Noel

3rd string: 19/21

2 way contracts: Killian Tillie and 32 (?)

Draft/stash: 58th pick.

Don't forget the new bargaining chip we have: "Those amazing Ja passes could be coming to you."

Just now, memphis slim said:

brandon ingram is my xmas wish list.

slim.

I hope you mean Labor Day wish list. 

Next step is to add a wing with Ja and Dillon that has playoff experience, decent size, and defense. 

Backup PG isn't a big need due to the fact that Ja will get ALL the minutes when it counts. 

Big situation isn't as dire.   Jonas jaren Brandon Kyle and Tillman is a good mix.  Jaren returns to form and that is completely solved. 

Offseaon Grayson needs to be traded and Kyle is not a starting SF.    if those two things happen then i feel like internal growth will get us back to playoffs.    

Outside of trading for Brogdon, Wiggins or J Grant.   I think a full offseason with wing rotation of Dillon, Melton, Bane and Winslow will makes us a more formidable team. 

17 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Next step is to add a wing with Ja and Dillon that has playoff experience, decent size, and defense. 

Backup PG isn't a big need due to the fact that Ja will get ALL the minutes when it counts. 

Big situation isn't as dire.   Jonas jaren Brandon Kyle and Tillman is a good mix.  Jaren returns to form and that is completely solved. 

Offseaon Grayson needs to be traded and Kyle is not a starting SF.    if those two things happen then i feel like internal growth will get us back to playoffs.    

Outside of trading for Brogdon, Wiggins or J Grant.   I think a full offseason with wing rotation of Dillon, Melton, Bane and Winslow will makes us a more formidable team. 

Jaren returning to form would have him sitting on the sideline leading cheers and dancing. 

57 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Jaren returning to form would have him sitting on the sideline leading cheers and dancing. 

Mo Bamba wants to be a dancer when he grows up!

Eventually the FO will figure out exactly what they have and then will likely have to make a move involving players not name Ja, Jaren or Dillon along with future firsts to acquire the final pieces. That or they get extremely lucky in a trade/FA scenario.

ATL is a pretty good template - good drafts and when they were ready a couple of really shrewd moves.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Eventually the FO will figure out exactly what they have and then will likely have to make a move involving players not name Ja, Jaren or Dillon along with future firsts to acquire the final pieces. That or they get extremely lucky in a trade/FA scenario.

ATL is a pretty good template - good drafts and when they were ready a couple of really shrewd moves.

And take advantage of dumb franchises. Kings just let Bogdan go for nothing. 

Of course we trade for Justise and took on $40M of salary to do so, so not sure we're that smart either. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

And take advantage of dumb franchises. Kings just let Bogdan go for nothing. 

Of course we trade for Justise and took on $40M of salary to do so, so not sure we're that smart either. 

I think that's fair, but also think it's fair that they were rolling the dice. It just didn't work out all that well, but I think folks were interested to see if Justise could pan out. Shame that he can't even be a role player.

Memphis is going to have to get Zach Randolph lucky IMO.

56 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I didn't even like the Reddish and Okongwu draft picks (still don't) and it still looks like the Hawks are flying high.  They just added pieces, including shooters and a rim running/rebounding big man (Clint Capela) to go with Trae Young (and to a lesser extent John Collins).   Huerter and Hunter seem to be great picks though (and I had Huerter super high and Hunter high-ish on my draft boards).  

So... we should do more of what the Hawks are doing and LESS of what the Mavs are doing.  The Mavs didn't even get the memo that our twin towers lineup (Jaren/Jonas) wasn't working, so apparently they went with a KP/Boban duo to start game 7.  

It feels like we should only sign/draft either shooters (with some length) and over-sized (or at least not under-sized) rim runners/rim protectors (who can also rebound).  

I guess my biggest fear is we become the new Portland Trailblazers.

Crazy dangerous team as long as Dame puts his shoes on…

Playoff regular but no real shots at the throne.

6 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

We need an elite wing scorer with size but luckily we have assets and cap space to make this deal happen. Also we value defense as a organization and city. 

I'd try to go after Brandon Ingram, he's still 23 and could carry the scoring load for our team, a backcourt of Ja Dillon Ingram should be scary.

But at what price ? Grayson + JV ? JJJ + pick ?

6 minutes ago, Pumuki said:

I'd try to go after Brandon Ingram, he's still 23 and could carry the scoring load for our team, a backcourt of Ja Dillon Ingram should be scary.

But at what price ? Grayson + JV ? JJJ + pick ?

They wouldn’t do that deal for all of those things combined 

Team needs a scoring wing very bad this will be years 20 that the Grizzlies have been looking

13 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Kristaps Porzingis can't even do THAT.

Kristaps Porzingis is one injury away from playing his last game . I believe Dallas would love to get rid of him 

12 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

☝️
absolutely, and the perfect scenario for 12 wanting out down the road. 

slim. 

16 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I think that's fair, but also think it's fair that they were rolling the dice. It just didn't work out all that well, but I think folks were interested to see if Justise could pan out. Shame that he can't even be a role player.

Memphis is going to have to get Zach Randolph lucky IMO.

If the team isn't located in Brooklyn, New York, Miami or Los Angeles you need to get lucky because the really choice free agents don't want to move anywhere else these days.