Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2021

3 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

So what about Otto Porter we should be able to sign him if we decline Winslow’s option and he can slot right in at the 3 

I thought about him and Spencer Dinwiddie too.   However, their recent injury woes have me weary due to Justise and Chandler.      Didn't someone on here say that Otto has questionable attitude or influence?     If Porter is healthy  then he could be a good fit too.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Aren't they starving for defense or something.   His contract is an expiring and cheaper than Bledsoes.   

He can’t stay on the floor there is no sure thing when it comes to Justise 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I thought about him and Spencer Dinwiddie too.   However, their recent injury woes have me weary due to Justise and Chandler.      Didn't someone on here say that Otto has questionable attitude or influence?     If Porter is healthy  then he could be a good fit too.  

Dinwiddie had the acl right? He’s not really an explosive player so it might not affect him as much tho the first year back isn’t normally the best year. I’d give him a DRose type role off the bench. He could be our sixth man.

6 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Dinwiddie had the acl right? He’s not really an explosive player so it might not affect him as much tho the first year back isn’t normally the best year. I’d give him a DRose type role off the bench. He could be our sixth man.

I remember seeing a stat saying Dinwiddie lead the league in blow byes.  He definetely needs athleticism imo.

6 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea Dinwiddie did.  Thats why he may be gettable too.   he has enough size to play alongside Ja as well as the secondary playmaker.  I remember he could score but can't remember anything about him defensively. 

Y’all do know that Spencer Dinwiddie is a career 41% shooter, 31% from 3 right? Only reason he scored 20 a game last year is because they let him take 17 shots a game and he hit 6 a game. Not to mention he’s 28 so there is no upside there, he is what he is. 

But ok. 

Starting to look into Tre Mann a little more I read something that actually gave him some props defensively I thought he was all offense and a little playmaking. But he’s definitely a guy that can create his own shot off the dribble. If the Grizz keep the pick they will have some decent options for sure

40 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Starting to look into Tre Mann a little more I read something that actually gave him some props defensively I thought he was all offense and a little playmaking. But he’s definitely a guy that can create his own shot off the dribble. If the Grizz keep the pick they will have some decent options for sure

I like him too but he can't beat anyone off the dribble and his arms are short 

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

What do you think about Max Abmas?   That kid can flat out SHOOT.  His scoring package carried over to the tourney too.  I like that guy as a gunner off the bench, and in super small ball lineups with Ja.  

I really want Abmas and I think Trey Murphy III but I can see both guys moving up a lot.

We need help on the wing, but what we mostly need is scoring off the bench.  If we draft Max then we can let him play off (point forward) Slo Mo.  Ja/Dillon/Bane/Abmas/Melton/Konchar would be a great guard rotation and would make Tyus expendable.  Still weak at the 3 but we might just need solid role players there and not high usage guys.  

I think Abmas should be a top 10 pick.  Same with Trey Murphy III.  Vrenz Bleijenbergh too if he has good workouts.  Roko Prkacin is moving backup draft boards and he is also an intriguing player.  ... Quentin Grimes might be a guy with draft value between 25-35.  If 17 is a bit too high maybe we should trade down a bit.  Maybe he can be a Devin Booker type for us.

I kinda like Matt Mitchell at 51.  He can just do some of everything and has a solid shot.  He can heat up and had some explosive scoring games the past couple of years.  ... especially if we take either a small guard or a big man at 17.

13 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

What do you think about Max Abmas?   That kid can flat out SHOOT.  His scoring package carried over to the tourney too.  I like that guy as a gunner off the bench, and in super small ball lineups with Ja.  

I really want Abmas and I think Trey Murphy III but I can see both guys moving up a lot.

We need help on the wing, but what we mostly need is scoring off the bench.  If we draft Max then we can let him play off (point forward) Slo Mo.  Ja/Dillon/Bane/Abmas/Melton/Konchar would be a great guard rotation and would make Tyus expendable.  Still weak at the 3 but we might just need solid role players there and not high usage guys.  

I think Abmas should be a top 10 pick.  Same with Trey Murphy III.  Vrenz Bleijenbergh too if he has good workouts.  Roko Prkacin is moving backup draft boards and he is also an intriguing player.  ... Quentin Grimes might be a guy with draft value between 25-35.  If 17 is a bit too high maybe we should trade down a bit.  Maybe he can be a Devin Booker type for us.

I kinda like Matt Mitchell at 51.  He can just do some of everything and has a solid shot.  He can heat up and had some explosive scoring games the past couple of years.  ... especially if we take either a small guard or a big man at 17.

His size will hurt him. 

16 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I like both but I wouldn't use the 17th pick on them. 

Keon Johnson 

Z. Williams

Tre Mann 

Chris Durate

James Bouknight 

Of that group I'd be ok with either. How far do you think Boston falls?

Back to free agency:  I actually think Luka needs Lonzo Ball.  If so maybe they don’t resign Tim Hardaway Jr.  I can see THJ being a good fit here then.  It feels like we just need some extra firepower.  Getting THJ would also allow us to bring Bane off the bench — essentially three shooting guards/combo guards and Slo Mo as the point forward.  If we start BC next to Jaren then JV can be our deluxe bruiser off the bench.  If we start Jonas then we can slot BC in as the 6th man (or Tillman).  Maybe let Tillie be our backup stretch 5.  Konchar, Melton, Bane, Slo Mo, Tillie would be an interesting bench mob — with a high powered starting five of Ja/Hardaway/Dillon/Jaren/Jonas with BC/Tillman/1st round pick being our 8 man rotation.  

11 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Shaft arms is the Grizz specialty lol and Tre Mann isn’t a take it to the rim scorer he’s more of a get you off balance so he can take a jumper scorer. 

8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Back to free agency:  I actually think Luka needs Lonzo Ball.  If so maybe they don’t resign Tim Hardaway Jr.  I can see THJ being a good fit here then.  It feels like we just need some extra firepower.  Getting THJ would also allow us to bring Bane off the bench — essentially three shooting guards/combo guards and Slo Mo as the point forward.  If we start BC next to Jaren then JV can be our deluxe bruiser off the bench.  If we start Jonas then we can slot BC in as the 6th man (or Tillman).  Maybe let Tillie be our backup stretch 5.  Konchar, Melton, Bane, Slo Mo, Tillie would be an interesting bench mob — with a high powered starting five of Ja/Hardaway/Dillon/Jaren/Jonas with BC/Tillman/1st round pick being our 8 man rotation.  

Luka doesn’t need anyone that needs the ball in their hands

11 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Think about it Ja breaks his man down and goes to the rim. Dillon doesn’t have a creative handle so he’s mostly a straight line driver all the other guard are either catch and shoot or straight line drivers. We don’t have anyone with a creative handle that operates from 3 and mid range. I don’t need everyone going to the rim. 

10 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I like both but I wouldn't use the 17th pick on them. 

Keon Johnson 

Z. Williams

Tre Mann 

Chris Durate

James Bouknight 

Of that group I'd be ok with either. How far do you think Boston falls?

Bouknight going top 10. We can take his name out of the 17 possibilities. 

9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

If they let Tim Hardaway Jr. go their crazy. 

Bledsoe didn't work in Milwaukee and won't work here either - non-shooting PGs are not something Jenkins would want on his system, which basically is a 4-almost 5 out to create running space for Ja. That's why he plays Grayson so much. How the heck some of you are advocating for Bledsoe? 😕

re: Wiggins, I wouldn't mind, but Golden State would need to add a lot of incentives for that (probably Poole + First round pick, at least). It's 60M in two years, and would kill our freedom in summer 2.022. I don't think it will happen.

I see the FO targeting minor moves, such as Danuel House for two seconds or if (and that's a big if) the Celtics want to get out of the tax bill, sending Clarke + Jazz pick for Smart, which could be good value considering Smart has only one year left of his contract after this season. It's the only thing I could see improving the team short term, but wouldn't be surprised if they just draft two guys, with the second-round being a stash, cut ties with Jontay Porter and upgrade Tillie to a team-friendly deal like the one Konchar signed last off-season. If they like their chances on a MLE-guy, Winslow's option gets declined. If not, they go with him and bet that they can recover him a bit with a full off-season.

7 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Think about it Ja breaks his man down and goes to the rim. Dillon doesn’t have a creative handle so he’s mostly a straight line driver all the other guard are either catch and shoot or straight line drivers. We don’t have anyone with a creative handle that operates from 3 and mid range. I don’t need everyone going to the rim. 

If we don't get Duarte then i say sign Spenser Dinwiddie.  He is a bucket and can play backup PG too.   Dinwiddie was having a breakout season before his injury. 

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If we don't get Duarte then i say sign Spenser Dinwiddie.  He is a bucket and can play backup PG too.   Dinwiddie was having a breakout season before his injury. 

Dinwiddie only played 3 games last year. His 20 points pg year was the '19-'20 year. He can create his own shot, which is good for a backup combo guard. 

He has a player option next year for $12.3M. So first question is if he exercises the option, or declines and becomes a free agent. 

I think he turns down his player option, so all this talk of trading for him becomes moot. Pursuing him as a free agent would be interesting. Had a partially torn ACL. 

An updated USA Today Big Board. Kalbrosky has Scottie Barnes 5th, one of the few not to have the normal top 5.

Kispert continues to drop, down to 27. Seems like the tier of wings we might be after are likely to be gone by the 17th pick.