Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2021

If this list is right in saying Mills is 6-8mil, I'm paying that, and trading Tyus.

Patty is an Aussie version of Capt. Clutch.

He's shown that already many times under pressure, and still continues to show that in the first two Olympics matches with probably more to come.

He can back up Ja, or play off the ball next to him, vgood ball handler, tenacious defender, doesn't need to dominate the ball, but can be trusted if you want Ja off the ball.

I mean, put it this way: would you rather have Patty on 6-8 for the next 2-3 years, or Tyus on 9 or Bledsoe on 18?

1 minute ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

I wasn’t aware Kourtney was coming with him to Atlanta…

Boom roasted! 

55 minutes ago, King Dork said:

At this point don’t you just keep Tyus, Kyle and Adams? I know we want to develop, but I’m not in favor of the no productive vets rout. 

Tyus and Kyle probably be traded before the deadline, they are expirings

9 minutes ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

I wasn’t aware Kourtney was coming with him to Atlanta…

Lol good one haha.

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Didn’t we trade Tyus? Who did we trade to New Orleans besides JV?

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Didn’t we trade Tyus? Who did we trade to New Orleans besides JV?

No, just JV. It will be the new fiscal year so we would have cap space to absorb the contracts. Several contracts expire (Dieng, Waiters, etc) and we're not picking up Winslow's option giving us a good amount of cap space but we are using it to absorb those contracts,

12 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I wonder if FO wants to convert Melton to a PG to replace Tyus.   Allegedly there were shopping him and from looking at the draft a PG wasn't our targets. Unless they were planning on keeping Bledsoe - that's the only other reason i can see for them shopping Tyus. 

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I wonder if FO wants to convert Melton to a PG to replace Tyus.   Allegedly there were shopping him and from looking at the draft a PG wasn't our targets. Unless they were planning on keeping Bledsoe - that's the only other reason i can see for them shopping Tyus. 

Mane, that record has been played and worn out, it's scratched now.

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Mane, that record has been played and worn out, it's scratched now.

i know i know.   but Tyus was only one in the rumors so i was trying to figure out the move.     No way they are gonna keep and resign Tyus, Grayson, and Kyle.   Yet we didn't draft a PG and Bledsoe isn't with the team. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

i know i know.   but Tyus was only one in the rumors so i was trying to figure out the move.     No way they are gonna keep and resign Tyus, Grayson, and Kyle.   Yet we didn't draft a PG and Bledsoe isn't with the team. 

We will grab one next year we got 3 picks 

9 hours ago, JWill4L said:

We only have the Room exception this year as we are behaving like a cap space team after the trade with NOLA. 

I think (I really don't have a clear view of how our salary stands at Aug 6) we have the option to operate over or under the cap. But given that we already have a full roster and plenty of rotation players it's likely that we'll operate under the cap. I don't see the point of an MLE level signing at this time.

12 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think we would resign Tyus, but why wouldn't we resign Kyle and Grayson? We have the cap space to do it and they fit well. We don't have to trade just to trade.

15 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

If this list is right in saying Mills is 6-8mil, I'm paying that, and trading Tyus.

Patty is an Aussie version of Capt. Clutch.

He's shown that already many times under pressure, and still continues to show that in the first two Olympics matches with probably more to come.

He can back up Ja, or play off the ball next to him, vgood ball handler, tenacious defender, doesn't need to dominate the ball, but can be trusted if you want Ja off the ball.

I mean, put it this way: would you rather have Patty on 6-8 for the next 2-3 years, or Tyus on 9 or Bledsoe on 18?

Nothing this front office has done indicates a deal for a vet like Mills would be signed in free agency.

The only way established vets have come here is as part of a trade where the key part is young players or future assets.

I don't think there will be any free agent signing of note beside potential g league or two way tryouts type of guys.

I still think the roster may be significantly shuffled for younger players or future assets if the right deal is there, and if that means a vet is involved in a trade, they'll be here but not for too long. 

2 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I don't think we would resign Tyus, but why wouldn't we resign Kyle and Grayson? We have the cap space to do it and they fit well. We don't have to trade just to trade.

I'll clarify my statement.  I am good with them keeping Kyle and Grayson.   I have been saying since offseason began that they were not keeping all four expiring guys (Jonas, Tyus, Kyle and Grayson).  I assumed they would keep a couple.    Jonas is gone so i assuming one more is getting shipped out too.   My preference is that they move Tyus.     But if it is a consolidation trade then that expands the list to (tyus, Grayson, Kyle, Melton and Brandon).    

12 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'll clarify my statement.  I am good with them keeping Kyle and Grayson.   I have been saying since offseason began that they were not keeping all four expiring guys (Jonas, Tyus, Kyle and Grayson).  I assumed they would keep a couple.    Jonas is gone so i assuming one more is getting shipped out too.   My preference is that they move Tyus.     But if it is a consolidation trade then that expands the list to (tyus, Grayson, Kyle, Melton and Brandon).    

We should package Tyus + Allen + Clarke for Grant

30 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We should package Tyus + Allen + Clarke for Grant

Now that we have Ziaire i am good with riding with Kyle till he is ready.  No go on Grant - he will cost picks and will be in Ziaire way.  

53 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Boy that really solves the spacing issues added by adding Westbrook. He's certainly talented, is he willing to be a 6th man type? It would've made more sense if they had sign and traded for Lowry. 

I’ll admit, I hope DeRozen goes to the Lakers just to watch how defenses collapse on them.

DeRozen is the last type of players the Lakers need unless it’s a super 6th man role. With LeBron and Westbrook, you need to basically surround them with real shooters.

32 minutes ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

I’ll admit, I hope DeRozen goes to the Lakers just to watch how defenses collapse on them.

DeRozen is the last type of players the Lakers need unless it’s a super 6th man role. With LeBron and Westbrook, you need to basically surround them with real shooters.

I’m smelling a pick in the 12-18 range.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Now that we have Ziaire i am good with riding with Kyle till he is ready.  No go on Grant - he will cost picks and will be in Ziaire way.  

I disagree. Its better for Ziaire to come of the bench this year, also he plays sf/sg and Grant is a sf/pf actually a pf/sf. Kyle is expiring and best suited to come of the bench too. 

I wonder if we can sign and trade Tyus for Cam Payne?

Also, I would offer Bledsoe for Hield straight up.  They can have Allen too I guess. 

I could see them offering Winslow that room exception.  It will probably be a competitive offer. 

Bledsoe, allen for hield seems fine to me  thats about all i would offer anyways , maybe revisit bagley with adams instead of JV.

Clarkson would be nice especially if they are feeling the $$ crunch .