Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2021

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hey man, more power to him. He's pretty good, but the big man isn't respected like it used to be. 

20 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Hey man, more power to him. He's pretty good, but the big man isn't respected like it used to be. 

Wise man once say, "20 million bucks per year is 20 million bucks per year."

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

He's more than earned that check

This is why i think we can move Bledsoe , hes no conley , not even close . He is a vet and basically expiring so not as unmovable as some think  . 

39 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

This is why i think we can move Bledsoe , hes no conley , not even close . He is a vet and basically expiring so not as unmovable as some think  . 

If Bledsoe is moved, its for someone else's bad contract.

It's not for his performance.

44 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Except he sucks at basketball now. And Conley doesn't suck at basketball. There is that. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Except he sucks at basketball now. And Conley doesn't suck at basketball. There is that. 

Teams dont always trade for talent . 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Sounds about right. I guess we still have the non-taxpayer MLE?

I believe we have both the MLE and the BAE. 

6 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

As evidenced by this latest Grizz trade

8 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I mean sure, you can trade Bledsoe if you get an even worse player or worse contract...but then what's the point?

Plumlee and favors both got dumped and had to attach picks to do it . Thats the goal with Bledsoe . If we can do it is the question. I would think after watching these deals happen year after year people would see that they still happen pretty often. 

2 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Plumlee and favors both got dumped and had to attach picks to do it . Thats the goal with Bledsoe . If we can do it is the question. I would think after watching these deals happen year after year people would see that they still happen pretty often. 

I thought about trading for Plumlee and some random Pistons second rounder too, basically as JV insurance too.

I think this free agent period will be pretty boring in regards to signing a free agent.

I think the front office has made it clear it is through the draft and trades for building the roster, and it seems like the trades are basically for the draft picks.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Could they have gotten an additional first though?

and move up from #51.    That was my point.  I'd rather have Adams and Santi over Bagley. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

and move up from #51.    That was my point.  I'd rather have Adams and Santi over Bagley. 

I mean, even if Ziaire/Santi bust out but the additional first become a "star", isn't the deal still good for the Grizz?

Have to hope Nola is not top 10.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I mean, even if Ziaire/Santi bust out but the additional first become a "star", isn't the deal still good for the Grizz?

that's how i view it as well. Bagley got drafted with Jaren so would have to pay him soon too.    

5 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

It’s the Lakers pick not NOLA pick 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

that's how i view it as well. Bagley got drafted with Jaren so would have to pay him soon too.    

You're not going to bat 100% in the draft. Just not going to happen. And this time they took a big swing, so there is an even chance that it won't be a home run. That's just the odds. They could've played it safe, but they didn't. I can't say I 100% agree either, but if there ever was a time and a place to take a swing, it's probably now. The next two years with possibly 4 firsts, they probably play safer.

I'd still draft Bouknight, but whatever.

Time to see how the organization development works with these two cats.