Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies/NBA Free Agent Big Board 2021

51 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Anyone care to dream that Conley hears the clock ticking and has given some thought to closing it out as Ja's backup and a future Griz coach? Maybe not this fall, but soon?

Mike bout to get paid again and his time here is over. 

On 7/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Jericho Sims could be our fourth horseman to go with Ja/Dillon/Jaren.  Man... Trey Murphy or Vrenz Bleijenbergh (or Christopher/Grimes/Wieskamp/Livers) look like great fits too!!!!  Let’s get some of those Knicks/Rockets/Thunder/Pistons picks!!!

Why are you so high on Jericho Sims?  He is an offensive zero.  Doesn't score or get assists.  Poor free throw shooter.  Average rebounder for a center.  Good defender but not a game changing rim defender.  And he's a senior so you can't bank on a steep improvement curve.  What is this affinity based on?  His combine results?  I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

Why are you so high on Jericho Sims?  He is an offensive zero.  Doesn't score or get assists.  Poor free throw shooter.  Average rebounder for a center.  Good defender but not a game changing rim defender.  And he's a senior so you can't bank on a steep improvement curve.  What is this affinity based on?  His combine results?  I don't see it.

I like him as a project, just like I like Vrenz. Those guys could turn solid starters, Vrenz maybe more than that. Im talking early to mid 2nd for Sims and Vrenz could be middle 1st to early 2nd material.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:15 AM, TimBC said:

Anyone care to dream that Conley hears the clock ticking and has given some thought to closing it out as Ja's backup and a future Griz coach? Maybe not this fall, but soon?

I will go for it. Mike can play beside Ja as he do with Mitchell and Ja could learn a lot form him. Will definitly be an upgrade for us. But won't probably happen as Mike  will probably get much better offer for another team. Unless he really want to come home...

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I will go for it. Mike can play beside Ja as he do with Mitchell and Ja could learn a lot form him. Will definitly be an upgrade for us. But won't probably happen as Mike  will probably get much better offer for another team. Unless he really want to come home...

I think Mike will be the fallback for the teams that cant get Lowry. 

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think Mike will be the fallback for the teams that cant get Lowry. 

Conley is clearly a better player than Lowry at this point in their careers and I would wager a lot of money he gets paid more.

9 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

Conley is clearly a better player than Lowry at this point in their careers and I would wager a lot of money he gets paid more.

Lowry's older, but don't think Conley is clearly a better player at this point.

21 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Lowry's older, but don't think Conley is clearly a better player at this point.

Yep. Lowry keeps putting up numbers. 17.2 points, 7.3 assists and 5.4 rebounds per game.

5.4 rebounds per game in his age 35 season for a 5'11' guy! But the Jaren apologists are right, it's so wrong for us to expect our 7 foot PF/C with a 7'6" wingspan to average more than more than 4.7 rebounds pg. Apologies to Jaren, we are so insensitive. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Yep. Lowry keeps putting up numbers. 17.2 points, 7.3 assists and 5.4 rebounds per game.

5.4 rebounds per game in his age 35 season for a 5'11' guy! But the Jaren apologists are right, it's so wrong for us to expect our 7 foot PF/C with a 7'6" wingspan to average more than more than 4.7 rebounds pg. Apologies to Jaren, we are so insensitive. 

Nice way to bring Jaren into a non Jaren thread and compare him to a dude who didn’t score over 10 ppg until his 6th season, was injured a bunch his first 4 years in the league but turned into an Allstar who was the 2nd best player on a championship team, which kinda proves you COMPLETELY WRONG on your Jaren assessment. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Nice way to bring Jaren into a non Jaren thread and blah blah blah

I was hoping to irritate you. It worked.

And there's probably two other people on this board interested in your Jaren excuses. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

I was hoping to irritate you. It worked.

And there's probably two other people on this board interested in your Jaren excuses. 

Appreciate you admitting defeat. I’m starting to see how you operate. When someone proves you wrong, you deflect and say something quippy. Good day sir, I accept this victory. 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:15 PM, TimBC said:

That would be amazing