Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Utah Jazz - 6/2/21

Jenkins died on the hill refusing to make any changes to his spreadsheets and lineups until 3 mins left in the game.

Good season guys. Still ahead of the plan, but this is the last year we can say that. Next year we won't be 'sneaking' into the playoffs. We the fans will be expecting us to be a playoff team

Hope the team addresses some glaring issues in the off season and more importantly the Holy Grail of internal improvements. 

My specific player to watch is Jaren. Will he or won't he. NO MORE EXCUSES. 

5 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Jenkins died on the hill refusing to make any changes to his spreadsheets and lineups until 3 mins left in the game.

You never go Full Spreadsheet.

#3SpreadSheetsToTheWind

Loved watching the Grizzlies this season. We just weren't ready to hang this year, and that's ok. Fellow posters, don't let people crapping all over Jenkins or Jaren or whoever get you down. This is a good, young team and the future is bright. Enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Good season guys. Still ahead of the plan, but this is the last year we can say that. Next year we won't be 'sneaking' into the playoffs. We the fans will be expecting us to be a playoff team

Hope the team addresses some glaring issues in the off season and more importantly the Holy Grail of internal improvements. 

My specific player to watch is Jaren. Will he or won't he. NO MORE EXCUSES. 

Our baseline for next season is probably 6-10 range.  A solid free agent class can solidify that floor.  Internal development plus above-average rookie play can probably raise the ceiling a bit.  

Go BPA in free agency with UPSIDE draft picks.  We have a couple extra first round picks coming up (Warriors/Jazz) plus a fairly full roster so we can afford to take some home run swings.  

32 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

SportsBall9000 will crunch some numbers just in time for 2021-2022 opening night.

This website is still not working properly. On my phone its ok, but on my computer the page won't load and a message comes up "too long to respond, check the proxy and the firewall" but it was working on this computer before the hack job happened.

Help mods

We cannot confirm nor deny that the boards were hacked by the electronic warfare branch of the Church of Latter Days Saints.

That is all.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

This website is still not working properly. On my phone its ok, but on my computer the page won't load and a message comes up "too long to respond, check the proxy and the firewall" but it was working on this computer before the hack job happened.

Help mods

Mods can't do anything. It's an admin issue. It looks Iike a gateway issue, so probably a problem at the hosting company. 

It's kind of traditional for the boards to go tits up in the middle of the playoffs. At least this time they weren't gone for a week before someone thought about renewing the site's domain.

7 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We cannot confirm nor deny that the boards were hacked by the electronic warfare branch of the Church of Latter Days Saints.

That is all.

Rudy "MFing" Gobert is dominating THESE boards too!!!

Jaren is trying but he keeps getting boxed out....

I can't say I enjoyed the beatdown, but at least I knew there wasn't going to be an end of the game loss.

At around 6 minutes in the 1st quarter the Jazz were at 30 points.  That's a scoring rate of 240 points in a game.

I'll be extremely disappointed in the Jazz if Conley or Mitchell get hurt.

It's also rough to look across to the East, well, I'll just stop there because it's been true for more than a decade.

11 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I can't say I enjoyed the beatdown, but at least I knew there wasn't going to be an end of the game loss.

At around 6 minutes in the 1st quarter the Jazz were at 30 points.  That's a scoring rate of 240 points in a game.

It's also rough to look across to the East, well, I'll just stop there because it's been true for more than a decade.

heard this morning they are worried about mikes hamstring moving forward. hopefully all will be ok for him. 

slim. 

29 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think we would've had similar result against any of the top 3 East teams - imagine a series against the Hawks would've been close, but they present some of the same issues the Jazz do and don't think we'd win that series either.

18 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I think we would've had similar result against any of the top 3 East teams - imagine a series against the Hawks would've been close, but they present some of the same issues the Jazz do and don't think we'd win that series either.

I think they could have been in the 4/5 slot facing an injured Sixers team if they could get by the Knicks or Hawks.

Of course, if they are in the East, Grizzlies probably don't have Ja and the team is built differently.

32 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think they could have been in the 4/5 slot facing an injured Sixers team if they could get by the Knicks or Hawks.

Of course, if they are in the East, Grizzlies probably don't have Ja and the team is built differently.

Well, there's always the slim chance we do end up with 2 more expansion teams (Seattle + Vegas) and then the Grizzlies get moved to the Eastern conference to keep them both even!

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Help mods

I got the same basic message on my pc. I was on the board about 4 hours prior to the game and when I tried to submit a post, it froze. I was not able to get back into the board until nearly game time. Then at game time the board stopped working, and was not back up until after the game was over. Last game of the year and the board goes down, what are the odds?

Mods:  Is somebody investigating this? 

7 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

Well, there's always the slim chance we do end up with 2 more expansion teams (Seattle + Vegas) and then the Grizzlies get moved to the Eastern conference to keep them both even!

Yes.  For competitive reasons, it would be pretty great. It would be a little bit of a bummer to only see Zion and Luka twice instead of 4 times.  I'd be happy to see the Spurs less though.

But I could see the league going to an NFL style 4 divisions of 4 in each conference, and I could see the logic of why they would want to move Minnesota to East to put in a division with Bucks, Bulls, and Pacers (or Detroit), just because of the clusters on the map.  But if not the Divisions could be:

NW: Seattle, Portland, GSW, SAC

SW: LA, LA, Vegas, PHO

MW: OKC, Utah, Denver, (Minnesota or MEM) - I would hate this

South: Pelicans, Dallas, SAS, Houston.

Actually, when I look at it, it just might make more sense to do 2 divisions of 8 in each conference.

But this is such an off season topic that I'm just stopping now.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The #1 team in the NBA brought their A game and crushed us. 

That being said, the Grizzlies still exceeded expectations this year. 

The first round of the playoffs would be more balanced and more fun to watch if they played 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4, 5 vs 7, 6 vs 8.

21 minutes ago, GameOn said:

The #1 team in the NBA brought their A game and crushed us. 

That being said, the Grizzlies still exceeded expectations this year. 

The first round of the playoffs would be more balanced and more fun to watch if they played 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4, 5 vs 7, 6 vs 8.

More fun to watch maybe, but if you think there’s an incentive to tank now, just wait until teams are furiously trying to avoid a top 4 seed. 

12 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

This game was exhibit A-F of why Grayson needs to be first one traded and Jenkins needs better Assistants and growth if he is going to stick around.  

He didn't make any real adjustments from game 3-5 and paid the cost for it.    The guys on the court played their hearts out but they were just not putting in the best position by coaching staff to usurp the odds.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

This game was exhibit A-F of why Grayson needs to be first one traded and Jenkins needs better Assistants and growth if he is going to stick around.  

He didn't make any real adjustments from game 3-5 and paid the cost for it.    The guys on the court played their hearts out but they were just not putting in the best position by coaching staff to usurp the odds.  

Thank you !!! This series loss was on coaching, not talent on the floor. Jenkins could not figure out an effective strategy against the PnR and a rotation that didn't expose the team defensive deficiencies so much. With depth being a strength all year, why shorten the rotation to include the most defensively vulnerable players on the team? Tillman, Clarke, Winslow were all better defensively than JV and Allen. to keep JV in Allen n the rotation, they would both need to be score 25/gm to make up for their defensive limitations when they were on the floor. They did not.  Coaching left a lot to be desired during the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Thank you !!! This series loss was on coaching, not talent on the floor. Jenkins could not figure out an effective strategy against the PnR and a rotation that didn't expose the team defensive deficiencies so much. With depth being a strength all year, why shorten the rotation to include the most defensively vulnerable players on the team? Tillman, Clarke, Winslow were all better defensively than JV and Allen. to keep JV in Allen n the rotation, they would both need to be score 25/gm to make up for their defensive limitations when they were on the floor. They did not.  Coaching left a lot to be desired during the playoffs. 

it was a travesty.   Quinn Snyder ran circles around taylor.   Worst thing that happened in the series was when Grayson had that good shooting game early on.   It gave CTJ the excuse to give his StepSon ALL the minutes.  He immediately demoted Bane who was clearly the superior 2 way option and leaned harder into Smallball lineups.    Jenkins never valued defense the entire series.  his only adjustment was More shooting or More Grayson!!   It was a terrible coaching job IMHO.  Solid coaching couldve allowed us to sneak away one more win. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

it was a travesty.   Quinn Snyder ran circles around taylor.   Worst thing that happened in the series was when Grayson had that good shooting game early on.   It gave CTJ the excuse to give his StepSon ALL the minutes.  He immediately demoted Bane who was clearly the superior 2 way option and leaned harder into Smallball lineups.    Jenkins never valued defense the entire series.  his only adjustment was More shooting or More Grayson!!   It was a terrible coaching job IMHO.  Solid coaching couldve allowed us to sneak away one more win. 

Our twin towers didn't work.  And, Royce O'Neale killed us as the X factor.  I pointed both facts out pretty early.  We didn't make macro-adjustments or micro-adjustments fast enough.

JV's trade value tanked, ALTHOUGH Gobert looked like early 2000's Shaq or mid-90's Hakeem out there -- at least in terms of impact.

The Brandon Clarke Bubble popped.  Maybe we try trade him (plus some Dookie) and a future 2nd round pick to the Knicks for what's left of the Obi Toppin bubble and the 32nd pick.