Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Utah Jazz - 6/2/21

46 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I think BC is injured, but tried to play through. He will probably have some sort of surgery in the off season and comeback next year good to go (I hope). 

Don't we all.

Something is clearly wrong with him, you don't go from being almost automatic from 10ft to struggling to hit the front rim.

49 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I think BC is injured, but tried to play through. He will probably have some sort of surgery in the off season and comeback next year good to go (I hope). 

you have intel on this?  if that is true it makes sense. 

32 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Brandon has had nagging injuries all season long. I doubt anything is structurally wrong that would require surgery, but the constant grind this season, playing some many games on limited rest, probably did not allow him time to truly heal fully. 

2 minutes ago, Wells said:

Brandon has had nagging injuries all season long. I doubt anything is structurally wrong that would require surgery, but the constant grind this season, playing some many games on limited rest, probably did not allow him time to truly heal fully. 

I hope that is the case because his fall off was disheartening.  Watching jaren and bc flounder this season would've put fanbase on suicide watch if it wasn't for the emergence of Kyle Jonas and Dillon. 

58 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No, purely speculative on my part. I have heard the announcers talk about "nagging" injuries he has had this year, but nothing specific. 

28 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I hope that is the case because his fall off was disheartening.  Watching jaren and bc flounder this season would've put fanbase on suicide watch if it wasn't for the emergence of Kyle Jonas and Dillon. 

Love Brandon, love the contract he is on for the next 2 years. But I think he just came down to earth a bit. There was little chance he was going to keep shooting floaters at the % he did his rookie year. And shooting 36% from 3 last year was also an outlier. I mean, we all see his shooting form.

Here's a stats heavy article on BC from nba .com from last summer: https://ca.nba.com/news/stat-just-happened-memphis-grizzlies-rookie-brandon-clarke-is-already-one-of-the-nbas-most-effective-pick-and-roll-bigs/140fezioavwpa103j8w03j5963

"It ranks Clarke in the 95th percentile in terms of efficiency. There are only 11 players in the entire league who have been more efficient than the Canadian as the roll man this season . . ."  and

" According to Cleaning The Glass, Clarke is shooting 53.0 percent from floater range, which is where more than a quarter of his field goal attempts have come from to this point of the season. That ranks him in the 96th percentile among players at his position."

Brandon's defensive #s are about the same  - 109 DRtg both years, Defensive Win Shares actually increased from 1.6 to 2.0.

Still a valuable back up big - 10 points, 6 boards, couple of assists, a steal and a block per game. 17 PER this year. 

I just doubt when see his rookie shooting numbers again. 

How’s people feeling about tonight???? I feel we have a decent chance of making it a game 6.... would love a game 6 and Moneybag performing rookie of the year ::):)

20 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

How’s people feeling about tonight???? I feel we have a decent chance of making it a game 6.... would love a game 6 and Moneybag performing rookie of the year ::):)

They are so close to beating this team, they can taste it. Just inexperience down the stretch is getting to them. Unless they drastically change their approach to defending the high PnR, I don't see them winning, unless Utah just goes cold from 3, but they can't can't count on that. 

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Love Brandon, love the contract he is on for the next 2 years. But I think he just came down to earth a bit. There was little chance he was going to keep shooting floaters at the % he did his rookie year. And shooting 36% from 3 last year was also an outlier. I mean, we all see his shooting form.

Here's a stats heavy article on BC from nba .com from last summer: https://ca.nba.com/news/stat-just-happened-memphis-grizzlies-rookie-brandon-clarke-is-already-one-of-the-nbas-most-effective-pick-and-roll-bigs/140fezioavwpa103j8w03j5963

"It ranks Clarke in the 95th percentile in terms of efficiency. There are only 11 players in the entire league who have been more efficient than the Canadian as the roll man this season . . ."  and

" According to Cleaning The Glass, Clarke is shooting 53.0 percent from floater range, which is where more than a quarter of his field goal attempts have come from to this point of the season. That ranks him in the 96th percentile among players at his position."

Brandon's defensive #s are about the same  - 109 DRtg both years, Defensive Win Shares actually increased from 1.6 to 2.0.

Still a valuable back up big - 10 points, 6 boards, couple of assists, a steal and a block per game. 17 PER this year. 

I just doubt when see his rookie shooting numbers again. 

I would like to see us run some Ja/Bane/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren lineups tonight.  I mean... those are most of our “future” guys, right???

10 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I would like to see us run some Ja/Bane/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren lineups tonight.  I mean... those are most of our “future” guys, right???

Beyond Ja, I honestly have little idea what our preferred future lineup is. By "our", do you mean who the front office/coaches seem to prefer?

13 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Beyond Ja, I honestly have little idea what our preferred future lineup is. By "our", do you mean who the front office/coaches seem to prefer?

In terms of “draft capital” spent... those are 5 of the main guys.  Looks like a decent “fit” too.  I mean... I like Jon Konchar but I don’t think the FO sees him as a “core” guy.  Clarke over Tillman since he is a better run/jump athlete and a bit better as a shot blocker.  Good lob target for Ja too.  

Konchar and Tillman (and Melton) look more like Low Usage Toolsy Utility guys (in the Slo Mode) than high impact (high maintenance?), 2 way (or at least ONE way) playmakers and shot takers.  

We probably have enough toolsy utility players on the roster, and outside of adding an athletic 7 foot rim protector/rim runner we need to draft/sign shooters/scorers preferably with some length, athleticism and explosiveness.  Then guys like Kyle, Tillman, Konchar and Melton (plus McDermott?) can do all the “little things”.  

1 hour ago, VikingWarrior said:

Not great - we’ve managed to avoid getting run out of the gym and had a shot in every game in the 4th. Think this one is finally a blow-out, but won’t diminish the effort these guys have put in since the play-in games. 

21 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't do shady links but I would assume the same happens for the Jazz-Grizz game on NBATV:

I have had good luck with STREAMEAST.LIVE to watch many sports that are not being broadcast locally.  Never had any problems. Once you hit play a new window opens just close it and hit play again.

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Maybe, but I don't see enough play makers in that line up. Kyle has to be in it in some way.

I wanna see the Konch get a run on from the bench, maybe on Clarkson, but we might not see him unless its garbage time (i.e. blow out)

4 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Since it's an elimination game, I think the guys will play hard and there's a chance we might pull off a win here.

For any chance, we need to keep the jazz inside 110 points.  We do that we have better chance to win than lose...we gotta contain their 3 point shooting is best path to success

On 6/1/2021 at 12:45 PM, ACGrizz said:

We’ve been relegated to NBA TV. Which sucks for those outside of Memphis since League Pass doesn’t cover it and NBA TV isn’t available without its own subscription. 

I wouldn’t DREAM of watching this through one of those SHADY links, but just out of curiosity wondering if any of you other fine folks will. 

The NBA is driving League Pass subscribers to "shady" links. I have LP and I didn't keep track of the blackouts in the first half of the season, but I did for the 2nd half. After the all-star break we played 40 games and 13 of those were blacked out. That equals 32.5% of the games blacked out!!!!!!! Plus all play-in games have been blacked out, plus the 1st 4 games against Utah have been blacked out. This is completely friggin' ridiculous. 

For next year I will probably use one of the online paid services that have a good sports package (i.e. no blackouts for Grizzlies games or any other sports). Anyone got any good suggestions that I can follow up? Thanks.

Tonight’s refs and the Grizzlies record in games they officiated: 

Tony Brothers (38-68)

Marc Davis (40-45)

Tyler Ford (9-12)

1 hour ago, GameOn said:

The NBA is driving League Pass subscribers to "shady" links. I have LP and I didn't keep track of the blackouts in the first half of the season, but I did for the 2nd half. After the all-star break we played 40 games and 13 of those were blacked out. That equals 32.5% of the games blacked out!!!!!!! Plus all play-in games have been blacked out, plus the 1st 4 games against Utah have been blacked out. This is completely friggin' ridiculous. 

For next year I will probably use one of the online paid services that have a good sports package (i.e. no blackouts for Grizzlies games or any other sports). Anyone got any good suggestions that I can follow up? Thanks.

Sportsnet sports HD package, all games every league except nfl...

We ARE undefeated in elimination games this season, so maybe we can keep that streak alive. If not, it’s been a pleasure hanging in here with you all this season - brighter days ahead!

8 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

We ARE undefeated in elimination games this season, so maybe we can keep that streak alive. If not, it’s been a pleasure hanging in here with you all this season - brighter days ahead!

Ditto the sentiments ?

45 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Sportsnet sports HD package, all games every league except nfl...

Is that package online or do you need to have cable tv? Do they show stuff from TSN as well?