Ace-is-high

Jaren Jackson the X factor

3 hours ago, cousy said:

It is a good new look for Jaren going away from the spin to hesitation and straight line  on his drives.  Awesome ! Go Grizzlies!

Agreed. He hasn’t tried it once in the past 5 games I believe. 

although, I would like for him to attempt a spin when he drives to his left from the side of the rim because that’s when you are supposed to use it. 

he likes using that left hook. But he could spin right to a open layup a lot of times. From the right side of the court

39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

He's cut down significantly on his fouls, he has started making shots, he was a difference maker when Ja was off the court in the 2nd half last night. Since the pathetic Pelicans game, he has been noticed and definitely playing well. 

Agreed. Consistency is what people ask for. 

31 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Agreed. He hasn’t tried it once in the past 5 games I believe. 

although, I would like for him to attempt a spin when he drives to his left from the side of the rim because that’s when you are supposed to use it. 

he likes using that left hook. But he could spin right to a open layup a lot of times. From the right side of the court

It seems like he's starting to use his body a little more instead of trying to drive by guys. He's using his body to create a little space 

6 hours ago, King Dork said:

Soooooo, are the boards starting to warm to Jaren’s impact quietly or y’all still hating on his smile?

Dont forget his eyes, they hate his eyes too.

6 hours ago, King Dork said:

Soooooo, are the boards starting to warm to Jaren’s impact quietly or y’all still hating on his smile?

He isn't smiling so much on the court now and surprisingly his play has shown improvement. It's like he is taking it more seriously since the Pelicans disaster. 

8 hours ago, King Dork said:

I accepted that he isnt a go to scorer a long time ago and began to appreciate his impact a little more.

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I accepted that he isnt a go to scorer a long time ago and began to appreciate his impact a little more.

We'll find out more about his "go to" abilities with Dillon on the court. We've already seen better games from Jaren. Dillon's mid-range game open up passing lanes for Jaren compared to the "let it fly" guys.
When Jaren's involved his play improves on both ends.
 ::"

2 minutes ago, cousy said:

We'll find out more about his "go to" abilities with Dillon on the court. We've already seen better games from Jaren. Dillon's mid-range game open up passing lanes for Jaren compared to the "let it fly" guys.

Ja and Dillon and Jaren are definitely our main 3 guys.  

I think Jaren got the right amount of touches last night.

But do we need ALL THREE players in the game for us to win?

I feel like Jaren has to be on the floor AT ALL TIMES.  BC/Adams/Kyle need to play with Jaren.  Luckily, Tyus plays well with Jaren.  Tyus might be a better Jaren Ball guy than Ja.

Those 3 main dudes space the floor -- Ja's suicide dives in the paint, 3J from deep, and Dillon from the mid-range.  We also have BC as a vertical spacer (our ONLY vertical spacer).  The other guys don't space the floor enough.  Bane can shoot but he is more of a standstill shooter so he doesn't have tons of gravity.  

But, as goes Jaren so goes the team.

He might also save BC's career.

Probably need to see more Jaren/Dillon schemes when Ja sits.  Luckily Tyus Jones is a solid, replacement-level backup QB.  We need to find a big who can play with others (other than Jaren).  Maybe Sam Merrill gets more minutes at the 2 (as a floor-spacing sniper).  

If Kyle can't play with anyone (as a 4) maybe he should play POINT CENTER.  With Ja in the game as the off-ball high post guy OR with 3J ON THE BALL running pick and pops or pick and rolls.  As an off ball power forward/combo forward, Kyle Anderson is largely a disaster.  

Next up: get Dillon some more shots (although he doesn't look 100% in game shape).  If he gets going he has that Kobe/Luka gene where he just goes to work.  

With 3J, I think he is the IDEAL big man archetype where you can go with some twin towers stuff (put an athletic rim running/rim protecting 7 footer next to him).  Then you can also put a stretch wing at the 4.  Dillon is an effective 3, but I think I would rather have him at the 2 as a power guard.  Then put some more height/length/athleticism at the small forward position -- maybe we have to draft that guy next summer.

Pons/Jaren might be effective.  Maybe we see some of that this year.  

43 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

jaren jackson jr,brook lopez and miles turner are the only player with 2 or more blocks a game with 2 or more 3's made per game

This is a small group of players, but also an unimpressive group of players. Miss me with the 2 blocks and 6 points on 3s and find me the comp to Allstar level dudes that I can hope Jaren will turn into. 

Til then I’m going to keep hoping that Ja and Dillon both playing unlocks Jaren’s game, and those 3 doing what they do consistently gives us rookie BC back. If those 2 things fall into place, whatever playoff series the Grizzlies get into will be a war. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Once I started viewing him as a 3&D C/PF it allowed me to appreciate his game.    He became instantly integral to our success - once you realize he can literally contribute in any type of lineup.   I really think playing him more at the 5 will unlock more of his scoring ability too over time.   Because it will force him to diversify his arsenal. 

1 hour ago, cousy said:

That's the truth. It seems after he makes a shot, he suddenly can rebound and defend. If he misses a shot then the rest of the game disappears as well. Hopefully he will learn that the rest of the game is just as important and he'll focus on those other aspects when the shots aren't falling or even coming. 

He was huge against the Clippers in the 3rd and 4th quarters. 

Great improvment from JJJ since 2 games. 2 games does not  make a rule, so let's wait and see if he become consistent. I would like to be like that, let's say 7 games out of 10 for start.

But it's nice to see and just show what many of us say since the beginning. He got the talent. Work and Commitment will make the rest...

He should have a tough matchup tonight

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

How did Wendell Carter go last night?

Is there a Wendell in the ‘22 draft — I mean besides Paolo Banchero aka Wendell Lite.  

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

0 of 5 from the field for 1 point. He grabbed 9 boards though.

The Carter Administration has seen better days.

23 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

jaren jackson jr,brook lopez and miles turner are the only player with 2 or more blocks a game with 2 or more 3's made per game

Jaren and Evan Mobley are gonna get stiffs like Chet Holmgren and Victor Wembanyama PAID.

19 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

0 of 5 from the field for 1 point. He grabbed 9 boards though.

Stats filler 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:36 AM, BigHunkALove said:

How did Wendell Carter go last night?

Image result for roll eyes gif

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Image result for roll eyes gif

I brought this up to show how ridiculous @Memphis Maverick A.K.A I❤️Wendell is to bring up this one game stuff, to further his Jaren bashing, and then disappear from the conversation when he has game like the one I brought up.

It worked and proved my point

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I brought this up to show how ridiculous @Memphis Maverick A.K.A I❤️Wendell is to bring up this one game stuff, to further his Jaren bashing, and then disappear from the conversation when he has game like the one I brought up.

It worked and proved my point

See the source image