Ace-is-high

Jaren Jackson the X factor

45 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Steph Curry won a few. Just saying...

He's not a shoot first PG, he gets his team involved early then starts heating up and taking over.. he doesn't always heat up but I think that's his general game plan, there's a difference between a scoring PG and a shoot first PG 

1 minute ago, Ace-is-high said:

He's not a shoot first PG, he gets his team involved early then starts heating up and taking over.. he doesn't always heat up but I think that's his general game plan, there's a difference between a scoring PG and a shoot first PG 

So a Point Guard who leads the league in scoring isn't a shoot first PG in your mind? 

22 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

So a Point Guard who leads the league in scoring isn't a shoot first PG in your mind? 

No, when I think of shoot first pg's there scoring without the other players on his team being actively involved in the offense, when I watch Curry his teammates are actively involved and fully engaged on the offensive side of the court, and Curry does bring it up the court and score without a single pass here and there, but I feel like he's has a good balance on keeping his teammates engaged, I think the poster you're replying to had the Stephon Marbury's and Allen Iverson's of the world (PG, not SG like he's listed) in mind

19 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

No, when I think of shoot first pg's there scoring without the other players on his team being actively involved in the offense, when I watch Curry his teammates are actively involved and fully engaged on the offensive side of the court, and Curry does bring it up the court and score without a single pass here and there, but I feel like he's has a good balance on keeping his teammates engaged, I think the poster you're replying to had the Stephon Marbury's and Allen Iverson's of the world (PG, not SG like he's listed) in mind

I think Steph Curry is a shoot first PG who keeps others involved when he is being denied his shot first. He's not a selfish PG but he is looking for his shot first and when that is taken away he finds his teammates (who are usually open since it takes more than one player to stop Steph).

I've seen Steph across midcourt and put up a three from 30 feet or more too many times to think he's not thinking his shot first. The fact that he usually makes them is infuriating too. 

40 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I think Steph Curry is a shoot first PG who keeps others involved when he is being denied his shot first. He's not a selfish PG but he is looking for his shot first and when that is taken away he finds his teammates (who are usually open since it takes more than one player to stop Steph).

I've seen Steph across midcourt and put up a three from 30 feet or more too many times to think he's not thinking his shot first. The fact that he usually makes them is infuriating too. 

Curry moves really freaking well without the ball, I don't know the numbers but I'd say most of his shots were assisted by another player or at least had been moved around the offense before it got to him, Ja occasionally shoots the ball before a single pass, although not from 30 ft, I think alot of those long shots are to fire up a crowd or intimidate an opponent, the idea that Curry is looking to score and only passes when he's being effectively guarded might be true when he is heated up late in the game and in kill mode, much like Ja in his 46 point game in Utah (probably not 46 but close to that, not going to look it up)

Just now, Ace-is-high said:

Curry moves really freaking well without the ball, I don't know the numbers but I'd say most of his shots were assisted by another player or at least had been moved around the offense before it got to him, Ja occasionally shoots the ball before a single pass, although not from 30 ft, I think alot of those long shots are to fire up a crowd or intimidate an opponent, the idea that Curry is looking to score and only passes when he's being effectively guarded might be true when he is heated up late in the game and in kill mode, much like Ja in his 46 point game in Utah (probably not 46 but close to that, not going to look it up)

Those long shots do fire up the crowd and intimidate the you know what out of opponents and opposing fans!  

you cant quantify how demoralizing some of the shots that curry hits can be. As if the numbers dont say enough about how legendary it is, the numbers actually dont tell the whole story

On 10/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

in that series iggy (who will also be a hall of famer) had more impact than steph....so why didn't they give curry the MVP award...they just don't give "hall of fame criteria" type stuff to anyone....curry is going to go down as one of the greatest to ever play but not win a finals MVP.

What in heaven's name do you see in Andre Iguodala's resume that says he should be in the Hall of Fame?  He's been a good player, but never a great player.

13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What in heaven's name do you see in Andre Iguodala's resume that says he should be in the Hall of Fame?  He's been a good player, but never a great player.

3x nba champ

2x all defensive team

allstar

finals mvp

key role in gsw death lineup

i think some of you guys are just booty hurt that he didn't want to play for memphis...me on the other respect the career he has had.

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

3x nba champ

2x all defensive team

allstar

finals mvp

i think some of you guys are just booty hurt that he didn't want to play for memphis...me on the other respect the career he has had.

Solid career, but not H.O.F. worthy in my opinion... although guys like Dennis Johnson, who actually has a weirdly similar list of career accolades to Iguodala, are in there too, so who knows.  

59 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Solid career, but not H.O.F. worthy in my opinion... although guys like Dennis Johnson, who actually has a weirdly similar list of career accolades to Iguodala, are in there too, so who knows.  

2 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

3x nba champ

2x all defensive team

allstar

finals mvp

Iguodala should be a HOF and Curry should have been the Mvp of that Finals

23 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

3x nba champ

2x all defensive team

allstar

finals mvp

That’s not a hall of fame resume 

On 10/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

3x nba champ

2x all defensive team

allstar

finals mvp

Bench player on a championship team.  Stat line like Rudy Gay but with less scoring.  You are way overrating him.  With those standards we could double the number of players in the Hall.  And yes, you are the only person on the planet who thinks Iggy was ever better than Steph, the greatest shooter in the history of the game, during Iggy's tenure with GSW.

16 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Bench player on a championship team.  Stat line like Rudy Gay but with less scoring.  You are way overrating him.  With those standards we could double the number of players in the Hall.  And yes, you are the only person on the planet who thinks Iggy was ever better than Steph, the greatest shooter in the history of the game, during Iggy's tenure with GSW.

I agree.  

If they had a Hall of Very Good then guys like Zach Randolph and Mike Conley would be in.  Maybe even Rudy Gay.

Role players like Andre Iguodala and Robert Horry and Shane Battier would be in, too.  Maybe even Tony Allen.

Lots of guys have stats/rings/hardware.  Not all of them are HOF worthy.

BUT, if you told me that one day Iggy would get in, I wouldn't argue.  He has one of the odder profiles in NBA history.  Same with Robert Horry -- but more extreme.  No stats.  No hardware.  But... SEVEN RINGS. 

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

I agree.  

If they had a Hall of Very Good then guys like Zach Randolph and Mike Conley would be in.  Maybe even Rudy Gay.

Role players like Andre Iguodala and Robert Horry and Shane Battier would be in, too.  Maybe even Tony Allen.

Lots of guys have stats/rings/hardware.  Not all of them are HOF worthy.

BUT, if you told me that one day Iggy would get in, I wouldn't argue.  He has one of the odder profiles in NBA history.  Same with Robert Horry -- but more extreme.  No stats.  No hardware.  But... SEVEN RINGS. 

Yep.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

not a curry hater...but if it wasn't for durant,iggy and a ridiculously deep roster...curry would be ring less...no finals mvp to me means he has never been the most impactful player when it comes to the big games...just like you have guys that are great in the regular season but not in the playoff...curry just haven't been the best player in the finals period...also i think its a toss up of curry and thompson as greatest shooters.

9 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

not a curry hater...but if it wasn't for durant,iggy and a ridiculously deep roster...curry would be ring less...no finals mvp to me means he has never been the most impactful player when it comes to the big games...just like you have guys that are great in the regular season but not in the playoff...curry just haven't been the best player in the finals period...also i think its a toss up of curry and thompson as greatest shooters.

Iggy's career scoring average in the Finals is 9.3 ppg.  That bum Curry only averaged 26.5 ppg in the Finals.  Yeah, Iggy is so much better.  The Cavs were probably shaking in their boots at the dreaded thought of facing Mr. Nine Point Three points per game. :o  They probably spent weeks trying to prepare to stop him.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Iggy's career scoring average in the Finals is 9.3 ppg.  That bum Curry only averaged 26.5 ppg in the Finals.  Yeah, Iggy is so much better.  The Cavs were probably shaking in their boots at the dreaded thought of facing Mr. Nine Point Three points per game. :o  They probably spent weeks trying to prepare to stop him.

lol why you mad tho?

On 10/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Ace-is-high said:

He may be a shoot firster. The difference for me is that the Warriors have an offense where lateral movement and long rebounds create opportunities for all.  I question whether Luka can win a championship.

7 hours ago, cousy said:

He may be a shoot firster. The difference for me is that the Warriors have an offense where lateral movement and long rebounds create opportunities for all.  I question whether Luka can win a championship.

I don’t, give him one more superstar player to pair with along with a bench of decent role players that shoot 40% clip from three and it’s a wrap. 

He also needs to stop being selfish and give Kristaps one season to redeem himslef

Jaren averaged 24 points and 9.6 rebounds per 36 in the preseason, which would represent new career highs in both categories per 36. Also, only averaged 3.2 fouls per game, which would be the lowest mark of his career. He did average less blocks and steals, but both were still pretty good overall (1.2 and 0.8). 

If he can play ~30 MPG, he can average that 20 ppg and 8 rpg I believe. He does need to be a little more efficient inside the arc, but he was red hot from 3 at 48%. Hopefully he can continue to shoot over 40% from 3 all year. 

18 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

If he can play ~30 MPG, he can average that 20 ppg and 8 rpg I believe. He does need to be a little more efficient inside the arc, but he was red hot from 3 at 48%. Hopefully he can continue to shoot over 40% from 3 all year. 

Jaren could be one of the top scorers in the league if he had a jump shot. 
He has nothing going in the mid-range. Darn  it!

1 hour ago, cousy said:

Jaren could be one of the top scorers in the league if he had a jump shot. 
He has nothing going in the mid-range. Darn  it!

He's working on a little push shot, but his normal jumper just doesn't work in the midrange. It is the prevailing wisdom to go away from the mid range jumper anyway, so maybe that doesn't matter as much. He can still average 20 a game without it.